There are 293 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Bring back teh gold unis please

OF SANTA CLARA

^ debuts
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
How about 24 KARAT plated helmets for home games. I love the current unis but I think it would look awesome with shiny 24k gold with current 49ers helmet logo .

Photo shoppers make it happen.

For an alternate, I wouldn't be opposed to it.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
This issue has been covered already.

FYI....there are several examples of teams whose way back earliest throwback unis make absolutely no sense color-wise. The Packers unis for most of the 20's had no green but were navy, brown and tan. Steel is gray not black and yellow. Eagles aren't green, Broncos aren't orange, etc etc. The point is moot.

The reason silver was worn for much of the 49ers early years was in honor of the team's first head coach, the gray haired ex-local college coach Buck Shaw whose nickname was the "Silver Fox". Also, in the days of B&W photos and early TV, the color of the team's helmets/pants would obvioulsy not be distinguished between silver or gold by anyone other than those who actually went to the game. Maybe silver paint and fabric was picked cos it was cheaper, who knows?

The fact of the matter is silver was an early team color however illogical it seems and it is part of the team's legacy. If the team wore throwbacks with red helmets there'd be complaints of looking too much like the Chiefs. If they wore plain white throwback helmets, like the Cardinals or Stanford. Silver helmets (the 1962-63 design) is at least distinct enough, yet still recognizably 49ers (yeah they'd probably also look like Ohio St.....bet JH would love that)

PS

If we delve deeper into California history, we'd learn a lot of the so-called "49ers" of the 1849 gold rush didn't come west to mine gold at all, but made their riches (often more successfully than the miners themselves) through providing goods and services in boom towns and the ultimate boom city-- San Francisco

The early 60's silver uniforms is the way to go. The 40's uniforms have been used already. Like it or not, it is our history.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
How about 24 KARAT plated helmets for home games. I love the current unis but I think it would look awesome with shiny 24k gold with current 49ers helmet logo .

I accually like that look!
Originally posted by Thechad49:

Considering the relevance to actual 49er history, a pure gold helmet would be cool -- and this is coming from someone who HATES modern NFL designs.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
The early 60's silver uniforms is the way to go. The 40's uniforms have been used already. Like it or not, it is our history.

Agree. I don't want any alts, unless it's a historical throwback used once or twice a year. Nothing beats our current unis.

Considering the relevance to actual 49er history, a pure gold helmet would be cool -- and this is coming from someone who HATES modern NFL designs.

not the facemask tho
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

not the facemask tho

I was going to make another one with our current grey facemask to compare... but I got lazy lol

not the facemask tho

I was going to make another one with our current grey facemask to compare... but I got lazy lol

lol coo. that might work. or maybe black

that would be sick

OF SANTA CLARA

^ debuts
no, please no

OF SANTA CLARA

^ debuts
no, please no

San Francisco 49ers of Santa Clara

I would CREAM myself if this HAPPENED! I love this helmet!! Gold Chrome
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I would CREAM myself if this HAPPENED! I love this helmet!! Gold Chrome

Share 49ersWebzone