There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by prime21:

I like the 1 on the right


what if it was all black? i saw a cap a long time ago that was all black and it just had the white SF letters. i've been wanting that cap ever since but i have not been able to find it since!

all black, with some gold touches with some hints of red or something.
i'm not even making sense. forget it.
I'm thinking NEON gold jerseys with red sleeves and red pants...kind of like the Seahawks with their neon green jerseys and stuff.

Originally posted by prime21:

I would think it would be either a gold or black jersey. You can't make money by just switching the helmet and pants
Leave black to chump franchise like the raiders, saints, and falcons please. Not to mention it looks ugly as hell.

If we get an alternate, I'm good with the '94 or '97 uniforms.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Leave black to chump franchise like the raiders, saints, and falcons please. Not to mention it looks ugly as hell.

If we get an alternate, I'm good with the '94 or '97 uniforms.

yeah, black isnt even one of our colors...
Originally posted by mcsharty:

ugly and uglier. those ugly ass gold jerseys that like 5 people bought are horrible. some guy comes into my job wearing one and they look ridiculous. black is not really a 49ers color, its always been a shadow or something. im thinking it'll probably just be white pants like the 94 jerseys with our current jerseys
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by mcsharty:

ugly and uglier. those ugly ass gold jerseys that like 5 people bought are horrible. some guy comes into my job wearing one and they look ridiculous. black is not really a 49ers color, its always been a shadow or something. im thinking it'll probably just be white pants like the 94 jerseys with our current jerseys

agreed that s**t is hideous. the niners do need black as one of their colors. it totally goes against our red white and gold. its ugly on us. id say a 94 unis and pants.
Originally posted by Mister49:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by Mister49:
Remember the old Gold 49er windbreakers with the white lettering outlined in red,A jersey like that would be tight!

white numerals & lettering on gold jerseys (even if outlined in red) would be too hard to see by fans from afar. more than likely there'd be complaints about the illegible numerals from fans.

red numerals/letters outlined in white would be more sensible if ever a gold jersey was designed.

look how good u can see the white on the gold pants that are outlined in Red!

pants stripes are different. the white stripe outline with BOLD red stripes stand out because they are bold.

the numerals and letters on jerseys however, wouldn't stand out so much and like i said from far away the gold of the jersey and the white of the numbers would blend together too much:


from a distance :
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

ugly and uglier. those ugly ass gold jerseys that like 5 people bought are horrible. some guy comes into my job wearing one and they look ridiculous. black is not really a 49ers color, its always been a shadow or something. im thinking it'll probably just be white pants like the 94 jerseys with our current jerseys


damn, you caught me. i guess there's 4 other people with that gold jersey. oh well, niner gear is good for me.

...am i the only one that wants a pink 49ers jersey?
NOT for the niners to use on the field!!!!! not like an alternate, haha.
i'm just sayin'....i would purchase a pink niners jersey.
Originally posted by chucksteak49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

ugly and uglier. those ugly ass gold jerseys that like 5 people bought are horrible. some guy comes into my job wearing one and they look ridiculous. black is not really a 49ers color, its always been a shadow or something. im thinking it'll probably just be white pants like the 94 jerseys with our current jerseys


damn, you caught me. i guess there's 4 other people with that gold jersey. oh well, niner gear is good for me.

...am i the only one that wants a pink 49ers jersey?
NOT for the niners to use on the field!!!!! not like an alternate, haha.
i'm just sayin'....i would purchase a pink niners jersey.

For your girlfriend or daughter i hope!
This thread is disgraceful and it has gotten out of hand.

Grown men, Niners fans no less, doing costume design...willingly.

Which part of Red and Gold Rush is confusing?

Do the fans of other storied clubs try to develop alternative color schemes for the Packers, Steelers, or Cowboys? Of course not. Those colors are bound to their respective clubs--they are a non-negotiable identiy. Devoid of their colors they are something very different. The Packers in black and green? The Cowpokers in silver with blue trim? The Steelers in pink pants? That's hogwash.

So why in the wide world of sports are you trying to encourage the Niners to do away with Red and Gold?! We are a storied franchise, unlike the Bucs or Pats, we don't change our colors! Period.

The correct Niners tradition is this: the front office proposes a new uniform, we revolt and resort to the old jerseys. They do the fashion design, we do the grousing, that's the proper order of things.

Do any of you remember the "new helmet" fiasco?

Yes, there is the white pants episode, but it was Captain Blye's ship.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
This thread is disgraceful and it has gotten out of hand.

Grown men, Niners fans no less, doing costume design...willingly.

Which part of Red and Gold Rush is confusing?

Do the fans of other storied clubs try to develop alternative color schemes for the Packers, Steelers, or Cowboys? Of course not. Those colors are bound to their respective clubs--they are a non-negotiable identiy. Devoid of their colors they are something very different. The Packers in black and green? The Cowpokers in silver with blue trim? The Steelers in pink pants? That's hogwash.

So why in the wide world of sports are you trying to encourage the Niners to do away with Red and Gold?! We are a storied franchise, unlike the Bucs or Pats, we don't change our colors! Period.

The correct Niners tradition is this: the front office proposes a new uniform, we revolt and resort to the old jerseys. They do the fashion design, we do the grousing, that's the proper order of things.

Do any of you remember the "new helmet" fiasco?

Yes, there is the white pants episode, but it was Captain Blye's ship.


But seriously, we need to get up with the times. We need 20 decals and 30 logos, otherwise we're gonna look like my old high school football team! -I'm sorry but I'm not GONNA WATCH ANY niner game next season if we go out in anything BUT THIS:



-Our uniform needs MORE BLACK, cause we're the 49ers, and that's our traditional color.

-Our uniform needs about 4 decals on each shoulder cause we need something appealing/modern on game-Sundays!

-Our uniform needs to move forward with the times, so it needs under-armor shoulder decals, and ARM BAND-STREAMERS!!!

I mean I'm serious, WHO LIVES IN THE PAST!? What TEAM DOES THAT!? I will not be a ****ing 49ers fan again until we either look like a tripped out Hot rod or a Japanese Billboard!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:



But seriously, we need to get up with the times. We need 20 decals and 30 logos, otherwise we're gonna look like my old high school football team! -I'm sorry but I'm not GONNA WATCH ANY niner game next season if we go out in anything BUT THIS:



-Our uniform needs MORE BLACK, cause we're the 49ers, and that's our traditional color.

-Our uniform needs about 4 decals on each shoulder cause we need something appealing/modern on game-Sundays!

-Our uniform needs to move forward with the times, so it needs under-armor shoulder decals, and ARM BAND-STREAMERS!!!

I mean I'm serious, WHO LIVES IN THE PAST!? What TEAM DOES THAT!? I will not be a ****ing 49ers fan again until we either look like a tripped out Hot rod or a Japanese Billboard!


LMAO!!!!!

I thought my rant was over the top...LMAO. Brilliant!

Hello Kitty and Taco Bell, that's funny, but the pink ribbons were over the top--thanks for the sore belly ;)

It all comes down to this: What part of Red and Gold is difficult to comprehend?!

Edit: Just noticed the black stripe on the helmet, lol.

[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 15, 2010 at 04:24:58 ]


must be the offseason....