LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
That's exactly what it is and it's not bad,its solid. Just more old school.

Originally posted by kezar49er:
Love the striped socks and sleeves on the red uniforms . Nice throw back look.

That's exactly what it is and it's not bad,its solid. Just more old school.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
The bottom pic is from much earlier in the '94 season (it looks like Anaheim Stadium, so the Rams game in week 3, when Deion was used sparingly as a slot corner 'til he caught up with our defensive schemes). At the time, the Niners were only supposed to wear the throwbacks a few games (I think two at home and two on the road, or two games in red throwbacks and two games in the white throwbacks.) Other NFL teams had the same kind of throwback jersey games schedule spread throughout the first two months of the '94 season.

So, as for the Niners, they won against the Rams and Saints in September 1994 wearing red throwbacks, got BLOWN OUT by Philly Oct. 2 wearing the regular red jerseys with gold pants, then won the next two games on the road against the Lions and Falcons (Oct 9 and 16, 1994) in the all-white throwbacks.

IIRC, they got to play an extra game in red throwbacks at home against the Buccaneers (Oct. 23) after requesting permission from the league. That was the last time they wore the striped socks...

The Niners then had their BYE week...I think during that week off they got further permission to wear throwbacks the rest of the season, both cos of the win streak they were on and Coach Seifert's superstition (the players liked the design as well).

After the BYE, when they got the NFL's thumbs up, they continued to wear throwbacks, but this time with solid red socks, for the rest of the '94 season and playoffs...all the way up to the Super Bowl win against the Chargers (Jan. 29, 1995).

The top pic is from the NFC Championship Game against Dallas, January 15, 1995.

How the fk does someone know all this??
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
The bottom pic is from much earlier in the '94 season (it looks like Anaheim Stadium, so the Rams game in week 3, when Deion was used sparingly as a slot corner 'til he caught up with our defensive schemes). At the time, the Niners were only supposed to wear the throwbacks a few games (I think two at home and two on the road, or two games in red throwbacks and two games in the white throwbacks.) Other NFL teams had the same kind of throwback jersey games schedule spread throughout the first two months of the '94 season.

So, as for the Niners, they won against the Rams and Saints in September 1994 wearing red throwbacks, got BLOWN OUT by Philly Oct. 2 wearing the regular red jerseys with gold pants, then won the next two games on the road against the Lions and Falcons (Oct 9 and 16, 1994) in the all-white throwbacks.

IIRC, they got to play an extra game in red throwbacks at home against the Buccaneers (Oct. 23) after requesting permission from the league. That was the last time they wore the striped socks...

The Niners then had their BYE week...I think during that week off they got further permission to wear throwbacks the rest of the season, both cos of the win streak they were on and Coach Seifert's superstition (the players liked the design as well).

After the BYE, when they got the NFL's thumbs up, they continued to wear throwbacks, but this time with solid red socks, for the rest of the '94 season and playoffs...all the way up to the Super Bowl win against the Chargers (Jan. 29, 1995).

That's Dr_Bill, lol.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 26, 2018 at 1:08 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

That's Dr_Bill, lol.

He's got the memory of an elephant.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

That's Dr_Bill, lol.

Two elephants.

That's Dr_Bill, lol.

Two elephants.

= Paul Lukas of UniWatch.com
Damn that was like reading the wiki explanation for it lol. Thx.

Well, I did write the majority of this article...
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
Now we just need to get the 90s era jacket for Kyle to wear on the sideline for the throwback games. I wore the same one to the game in Chicago in December.

always loved that jacket.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

I have this one

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I have this one

Here was my Niner starter jacket

Mine had the Big Niners logo on back. I seem to recall there was some jackets just like mine that had the helmet on back.

Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I have this one

Here was my Niner starter jacket

Mine had the Big Niners logo on back. I seem to recall there was some jackets just like mine that had the helmet on back.

That's a sweet throwback.
Love the old school jackets. I even liked the mid 90s red, white, black scheme ones. I had one back when, and a matching pair of Deions
As a kid, I used to have a gold one with the red quinton font on the back. Then I lost it.

Decades later, still recovering.
That's a sweet throwback.

Mine is from 1993
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Love the old school jackets. I even liked the mid 90s red, white, black scheme ones. I had one back when, and a matching pair of Deions

Since the '94 throwbacks were Kyle's doing, I hope he makes the Niners permanently go back to the quentin font
Share 49ersWebzone