There are 234 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by cciowa:
does anyone have a 1991 picture of eddie displaying the new 49er logo on the helmet?? the fans went insane but i loved it.lol

You were literally the only 49ers fan on earth who liked it.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind this attempt at a branding change?
Money
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Garce:
does anyone have a 1991 picture of eddie displaying the new 49er logo on the helmet?? the fans went insane but i loved it.lol

Does anyone know the reasoning behind this attempt at a branding change?
Money

It was such bad timing when they came out with those. The 3-peat has just been thwarted by the Giants, Joe got hurt, Craig fumbled the game away, Lott and Craig were about to be left unprotected in plan B. Closest thing to a meltdown among Niners fans pre-Internet days when all this happened in early 1991 and that helmet was just the tipping point lol
Originally posted by JD81:
Did I miss something? Are the 49ers bringing out a new alternate? Was it announced?

don't worry about it.

did they actually ever wear these?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

did they actually ever wear these?

I believe they scrapped the idea the next day.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, those helmets were hideous.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

wow.. 99, you are a hero to the fatherland.. does it shock you that i am the only one who likes it. that is so early 90's.. lol
The Craig fumble clearly made them drink a lot. A gifted preschool kid could do better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
It was such bad timing when they came out with those. The 3-peat has just been thwarted by the Giants, Joe got hurt, Craig fumbled the game away, Lott and Craig were about to be left unprotected in plan B. Closest thing to a meltdown among Niners fans pre-Internet days when all this happened in early 1991 and that helmet was just the tipping point lol

craig leaving was fine. he had nothing left, lott leaving was dumb, i loved this helmet!! i think they calmed down the masses a bit when they got mcdonald to replace lott. if i have the years right
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, those helmets were hideous.

you are so mean

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
I believe they scrapped the idea the next day.

they were. bunch of haters
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
The Craig fumble clearly made them drink a lot. A gifted preschool kid could do better.

we usually see eye to eye. this makes me sad
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

we usually see eye to eye. this makes me sad

lol its cool man everyone has different tastes.

The problem to me is that it is such a far departure from the logo and not creative at all.
I don't think the black Jerseys are going anywhere. It's one of their biggest sellers and to be real thats what drives all this.

What I can see them doing tho is going with an all white uniform if they play a thursday night game on the road.

As for whether the team was any good in the black...they actually HAVE been good in the black uniforms.

2015: 20-3 Win vs Vikings
2016: 28-0 Win vs Rams
2017: 41-39: Loss to Rams

Prior to Jimmy G taking over the 49ers had won a total of 8 games in 3 years.

2 of those 8 were in Black uniforms.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 20, 2018 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I don't think the black Jerseys are going anywhere. It's one of their biggest sellers and to be real thats what drives all this.

What I can see them doing tho is going with an all white uniform if they play a thursday night game on the road.

As for whether the team was any good in the black...they actually HAVE been good in the black uniforms.

2015: 20-3 Win vs Vikings
2016: 28-0 Win vs Rams
2017: 41-39: Loss to Rams

Prior to Jimmy G taking over the 49ers had won a total of 8 games in 3 years.

2 of those 8 were in Black uniforms.

They need to add one thing to make those black jerseys complete. Some gold trim on the sleeve/pants stripes or gold shadowing on the numbers would make those jerseys look just fine. As is, they suck.
Share 49ersWebzone