LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

NEW ALT. UNIFORMS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Whats funny is, since the main reason these uniforms look terrible is that they dont go with the helmet, the best way to fix things would be to use our 1996-2008 helmets.

If we used decals to change the middle helmet stripe to red, and the side stripes to black, and swapped out to red facemasks, it would make the uniform as a whole a lot better aesthetically.

Black should never have been on the table as a 49er uniform color, but if theyre going to do it, at least alter the helmets for those games to make the uniform decent.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 3, 2015 at 4:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Whats funny is, since the main reason these uniforms look terrible is that they dont go with the helmet, the best way to fix things would be to use our 1996-2008 helmets.

If we used decals to change the middle helmet stripe to red, and the side stripes to black, and swapped out to red facemasks, it would make the uniform as a whole a lot better aesthetically.

Black should never have been on the table as a 49er uniform color, but if theyre going to do it, at least alter the helmets for those games to make the uniform decent.

I don't think we're allowed to f**k with the helmets.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

I think the contrast of the gold helmet and black jersey is sweet and looks great. On game day is going to look clean on the field.

I'm also going to shell out the bucks for a Bowman.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Im fkn done. I cant take Jed anymore

Were not the f**king Raiders

No respect for tradition, these awful, 90's looking unis are crap, unimaginative, uninspiring, and offensive to the eye, team history, and any respectables sense of style! Who came up with this, some stoner in his moms basement? A garbage look, for a team with a garbage coaching staff, and its way to a garbage season! I have been a fan for a long time, and been through some bad seasons, and a couple of pitiful decades, I will stick this out, root for my team, but I will never, ever, not for one second spend a dime on this uniform! What the f**k is next, will we call our fan section the "Black hole"?

Players designed it....and give the no respect bs a rest...remember we used to look like Florida state not too long ago

LOL, players designed it! well that sounds about right, what a joke! I hope they all went out for pizza afterwards!

They probably did, and ?
Have we ever had gold tops and bottoms? I think all gold uniforms with stylish red and black trim would have been magnificent.
mean machine - mean machine - mean machine
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
mean machine - mean machine - mean machine

Almost!

Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Youre allowed to alter, you just cant order a seperate set of different helmets. The Rams lay yellow horn decals over their current helmets for their throwback games.

I dont think itd be an issue to use decals on the helmet stripes. Also, I think the actual helmets are the only part that cant change, so red facemasks could be put on.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 3, 2015 at 12:56 PM ]
For those interested, I think Fanatics.com screwed up and have included the new Colin Kaepernick "Limited" black jersey as part of their current sale. Its the only black jersey that is discounted. The price dropped to $127.00 instead of $150.00. All sizes available.

Makes no sense, since theyre still on backorder. Not sure when or if theyll change it back.
I notice that Vernon and Bow are sporting some pretty kick ass SF ballcaps in alot of the new uni posters and advertisings. They are black with a red SF logo, can't find these hats anywhere! Can somone help me find em?

Originally posted by prime21:
I notice that Vernon and Bow are sporting some pretty kick ass SF ballcaps in alot of the new uni posters and advertisings. They are black with a red SF logo, can't find these hats anywhere! Can somone help me find em?

I dont think theyve been released yet.
Hey 99, for somebody that dislikes the alternates as much as you do, I think it's pretty cool of you to hook up others with info on how to get one on sale. Just sayin.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I think you dudes weren't gonna be happy with anything unless it was exactly what you wanted. lol

How about....no alternate? That works.

This.
from a fan perspective there was just no reason so have an alt uni.

I can see you guys fit in the "my opinion is the only opinion" group. If you hadn't noticed, some people like these jerseys. Some people have been wearing the knockoff version for years. Those people are actually fans. lol

I get your point Stoney.

for the record i didn't say they were bad or ugly.

what i am saying is i see no reason to have ALT unis.

i like classic and tradition.

at the end of the day uniforms don't win/lose games

tell that to seifert
It's the 50th year of the nfl. The golden year...let's go all black and look like the Raiders...SMH...
If aldon signs an extension and stays clean, that 99 problems jersey in black and red might be to hard to pass up. I'll wait a year to see what i think of them under the lights.
Share 49ersWebzone