^ Yes, I really think those 1955/1994 throwbacks are the most feasible (or in words the Yorks can understand: CHEAPER!) to alter into from the regular ones since all that has to be done with their regular uniforms are:
1) Helmet - can stay the same current gold ones they wear, maybe just switch the current oval logo to the 1989-95 ones (the one without the extra gold border around the red "SF" oval).
*Note: In 1994, the team continued to just use their regular gold helmets since the original 1955 helmet was a plain red helmet with a silver stripe and it would have been too much a logistical headache to order and properly fit 50+ brand new helmets for what they thought were just a couple throwback games. Other teams did this, like the Jets who wore their 1968 unis with a GREEN helmet since that was their regular helmet color in 1994 (the stripes and logo decals were changed of course, but it was a weird combo of old/wrong color stripes and stickers on a wrong color helmet!)
2) Jerseys - remove those smaller "TV" numbers that are on top of the shoulders; sew the black-bordered "shadowed" numbers in place of the normal, plain numbers on the front and back of the jerseys (note, the #'s 1, 2, 4, and 7 are in a different, simpler block numeral)
3) Pants - white pants with red-black-red stripes
4) Socks - normal, solid red (if its dubbed an alternate uni) or red sox with three white stripes (for a more throwback look)
5) Cleats - black ('cos that's what they wore in the 50's!)
I really don't see the team and equipment mangers spending the extra time (and $$) buying extra sets of silver helmets or pants and sewing white jerseys with those UCLA-type stripes on the shoulders (that 1962 uniform) just for the occasional throwback game, when the above mentioned alterations to the normal unis would be quicker and cheaper to change into (especially if its just the jerseys and pants that have to be altered, the helmet and socks can stay as they are). This could also mean the team can wear the alternates/throwbacks more often than the usual 1-2 home games a year (as they did with the 80's throwbacks from 2002-08), maybe twice at home and twice on the road for a total of 4 times a year.
[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Jan 26, 2010 at 3:14 AM ]