LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

We may win the Division by default

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Doing well against our own division isn't our problem. We were 5-1 this year!
Our problem is the same as our entire divisions - we can't hang with the rest of the league. Only Zona posted a respectable record against non-div teams.

Here's how the NFC West faired against non-division opponents:

Niners: 3-7
Cards: 6-4
Hawks: 2-8
Rams: 1-9

Combined NFC West record against non-division opponents?
12-28

Absolutely pathetic.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That bad

• dwett
  • Veteran
I agree that Seattle will be better next year but I think the main thing we need to happen is for Warner to retire. We must all pray that God tells Warner that his time in the NFL is over.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Wow you guys are awfully confident. I wouldn't be surprised at all is Seattle is somewhat decent next season. There will always be one team to look out for

Who do you think poses a threat on their team tho? They have that young running back Forsett (spell check) and a some decent receivers (housh) but Hasselbeck hasn't been healthy for a while now and that O-Line is restructuring perhaps more so then ours...

Flip side, their D has Lofa Tatupu and Aaron Curry with an aging Patrick Kearney... Okay and maybe a solid starting secondary with Babineaux, Jennings, Wilson, and Lucas

The Cardinals are the only legitimate threat (pending any roster shake up) at this point

Plus the Seahawks have the 6th overall pick and like 14th or something like that. 2 high picks for sure
Warner wont hang it up if he feels he can get back to the SB again. Only way he calls it quits is if he wins the SB this year. Then he can ride off into the sunset!
Wow you guys are awfully confident. I wouldn't be surprised at all is Seattle is somewhat decent next season. There will always be one team to look out for

that team to look out for in the NFC West if anyone is US
You all really think SEA will be better with their second HC in their second year? Teams don't get better in these situations. They are also full of #2 WRs and no #1 along with an aging QB.

ARI is the only real threat but I have a feeling Warner is less motivated every year he gets closer to retirement, especially with the new contract.

I'm not being serious about winning the division by default but we are in the best position to control this division in the long run...unless the other teams pick up a Franchise QB.
well the seahawks got that gift from our qb mess from 2003 on and so did the cards the past 2 years so now we can if warner retires.....but then again we already beat their asses WITH Warner
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Agreed. They were decimated by injuries.

We should wait until we see what moves these teams make before we start making proclamations.

We were decimated by injuries as well 2 count them 2 starting OT's Clement Gore for a few games....so we had some as well that cost us the division
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warner could possibly retire.
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

We may make the playoffs with 7 or 8 wins. LOL

Dont be so confident Joe... An injury-plagued Seattle team kicked our ass and we just barely won the Cardinals with 7 turnovers!

Seattle will get their act together next year and the Cardinals will be as good as their QB so let's hope Warner retires.

ARE YOU JOKING?? Sea did NOT kick our ass.....did they kick it during a non forced turnover on a punt return??????? Did they kick it when DAVIS dropped a sure td?????? Did they kick it when the refs missed a few big calls especially the goal line PI ca,, when WALKER was TACKLED???? resulting in 7 points lost?????

No don't think so.

Wow people really forget a lot of things
YES SURELY i do...camp is a little different then REAL GAME play....i expect you to know that b/c a lot of us did as well as the coaches....that's why he was named the STARTER a few games into the season. Very simple.

Originally posted by elguapo:
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

Dont be so confident Joe... An injury-plagued Seattle team kicked our ass and we just barely won the Cardinals with 7 turnovers!

Seattle will get their act together next year and the Cardinals will be as good as their QB so let's hope Warner retires.

ARE YOU JOKING?? Sea did NOT kick our ass.....did they kick it during a non forced turnover on a punt return??????? Did they kick it when DAVIS dropped a sure td?????? Did they kick it when the refs missed a few big calls especially the goal line PI ca,, when WALKER was TACKLED???? resulting in 7 points lost?????

No don't think so.

Who won the game??

So who GOT THEIR ASS KICKED?!?! In fact, you can keep making excuses all day long and it still wouldn't negate the fact that THEY WERE THE REASON WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

I don't believe in excuses because at the end of the day, all teams have some bad plays, play calls, performances, etc. It all comes down to who got the W!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
if we dont go 6-0 in the division then that's pretty pathetic..our toughest division game is seattle on the road especially in december..i was there this year and it was 33 degrees at kickoff and the wind made it feel like 25 degrees. IMO we sweep the division next year PLAYOFFS 2010!!!

Pathetic as in how we lost to Seattle this year, when we still had a shot to make the playoffs? Let's calm ourselves! We're still an inconsistent football team.
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

No don't think so.

Who won the game??

So who GOT THEIR ASS KICKED?!?! In fact, you can keep making excuses all day long and it still wouldn't negate the fact that THEY WERE THE REASON WE DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!

I don't believe in excuses because at the end of the day, all teams have some bad plays, play calls, performances, etc. It all comes down to who got the W!

i'm pretty positive 9-7 wouldn't have put us in the playoffs and 3 points isn't an ass-kicking
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

No don't think so.

Who won the game??

i'm pretty positive 9-7 wouldn't have put us in the playoffs and 3 points isn't an ass-kicking

Yeah the worst teams that got into the NFC playoffs were 10-6, so were the tards even after we beat them twice. 3 points isn't an ass kicking. We should've won that game.
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

No don't think so.

Who won the game??

WOW! Did you go to school? Maybe high school but i can't believe any community college. For you to 1) have no logic and 2) Be so narrow minded is amazing.

According to we we got our ass kicked even though our own coach, seahawk fans and many others agreed that it was one of "the worst officiating games" in a very long time. NOT AN EXCUSE....A FACT. Can you grasp this concept and this truth? Prove to me you can and agree because it is the truth. Also, we should of won the game and to say the Seahawks KICKED THEIR ASSES is beyond me. we were ahead for quite some time and they only won by 3 points.

Seek help. You are one of those people who would tell NE fans that when Brady was gone for the year and they missed the playoffs b/c of that NO EXCUSES BLAH blah......sorry to break you the news but it is a fact they would of won the division and made the playoffs......AGAIN NOT EXCUSES....FACTS.

Amazing
Share 49ersWebzone