There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We may win the Division by default

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I'm not sure AZ will be a pushover next season, even with Leinart at the helm. And who's to say McNabb won't be taking snaps for either SEA or AZ?

McNabb in AZ, scary.

Andy Reid already said that McNabb is their qb for '10. Though anything is possible.
Missed that, thanks for the heads up and...."phewwwwww!"
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Wow you guys are awfully confident. I wouldn't be surprised at all is Seattle is somewhat decent next season. There will always be one team to look out for

Agreed. They were decimated by injuries.

We should wait until we see what moves these teams make before we start making proclamations.

All 3 will be making a major QB change within the next 1-3 years. If Alex proves his worth we are a MAJOR step ahead in the game.

I hope Smith does prove his worth. Otherwise we'll be added to that list of making a QB change w/ Davis next.
I often remind myself that each year the season ends on a sad, frustrating note for the fans of 31 of the teams. Only the fans of the SB winner end up delighted. Think how the GB and NE fans must feel after losing last week. What a short, temporary joy it would be for our team to make it to the playoffs next year, then lose the first playoff game.

The goal is to build such a strong team from top to bottom that it can win in the playoffs, even if it is having a bad day. After many years of following NFL football. I observed the folly of placing too much reliance on a great QB. If he has a bad game in the playoffs, you lose. Romo and McNabb, and even P. Manning have suffered from this. So far, this year, it was Brady. Next week, it could be Brees or Warner.

We must build strength throughout our roster, from defense to special teams. You never know what you may need to win a playoff game.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I'm not sure AZ will be a pushover next season, even with Leinart at the helm. And who's to say McNabb won't be taking snaps for either SEA or AZ?

McNabb in AZ, scary.

I agree with you here. Whisenhunt was able to coach an offense in Pittsburgh that was completely different than what he runs in AZ. If anything, it shows he can adapt. I hate the Cardinals more than anyone, and even though they will be worse without Warner, they will still be a good football team. When their defense is good, its really good.

All that said, I am hoping they lose Warner and give Leinart the shot.....oh and trade Boldin.
I dont know why people aren't more scared of Beanie Wells, he is gonna be a FORCE in arizona.

and we justttttt lost to seattle.

and we still have Jimmy Raye.
People seem to be forgetting that Seattle has two high first round picks. They could really upgrade their squad with those picks. I would not be surprised to see them come away with a top LT and RB. With those additions, a healthy Hasslebeck (you never know with that one), Housh, and a decent D they could be a good team again. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

And who knows, Warner might not retire.

The Rams, I will admit, are probably not going to be any good.
Seatle was a mess this year and they stole a game from us. Speculating about Warner's retirement won't make them lose. They will still have plenty of weapons and good coaches even if Warner does retire. Lineart isn't exactly a disaster at QB. This is the NFL and you need to win games. I don't think any team with a record worse than 9-7 has ever made the playoffs. Plus last time I checked this is pro football and you don't get anything by "default". You can say that the NYJ backed in this year but they had to get a 9-7 record to do it. 8 of those games were on their own so they had to earn that much. There is always some luck involved for the bubble teams but we won't make it with 8 wins. Count on it. We need to focus on getting 10 wins.
Warner won't retire unless they win the SB. He has too much Farve in him. Wait, that didn't come out right
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
People seem to be forgetting that Seattle has two high first round picks. They could really upgrade their squad with those picks. I would not be surprised to see them come away with a top LT and RB. With those additions, a healthy Hasslebeck (you never know with that one), Housh, and a decent D they could be a good team again. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

And who knows, Warner might not retire.

The Rams, I will admit, are probably not going to be any good.

Yup, I don't think our division is going to be any cakewalk at all. Division games are always tough to win and can usually swing either way.

-9fA
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warner could possibly retire.
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

We may make the playoffs with 7 or 8 wins. LOL

Yes if warner calls it quits then i think your right, matt is not even close to warners level of play and may never be... come on warner retire and lets not play the brett farve game...
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Doing well against our own division isn't our problem. We were 5-1 this year!
Our problem is the same as our entire divisions - we can't hang with the rest of the league. Only Zona posted a respectable record against non-div teams.

Here's how the NFC West faired against non-division opponents:

Niners: 3-7
Cards: 6-4
Hawks: 2-8
Rams: 1-9

Combined NFC West record against non-division opponents?
12-28

Absolutely pathetic.

We have to get better outside of our division for sure. We gotta learn to close out games!
Another thing worth considering, we'll be facing a very focused, very angry Cardinals team next season. They'll be gunning for us in a big way.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
lol. We won't when sh*t by "default".

I doubt Warner will retire unless he wins the SB, SEA beat us and we still gotta figure out how to beat teams out of our division. So nah..there will be no default winning.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Warner could possibly retire.
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

We may make the playoffs with 7 or 8 wins. LOL

Dont be so confident Joe... An injury-plagued Seattle team kicked our ass and we just barely won the Cardinals with 7 turnovers!

Seattle will get their act together next year and the Cardinals will be as good as their QB so let's hope Warner retires.