LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

We may win the Division by default

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Warner could possibly retire.
SEA has a coaching mess.
STL is STL

We may make the playoffs with 7 or 8 wins. LOL
if we dont go 6-0 in the division then that's pretty pathetic..our toughest division game is seattle on the road especially in december..i was there this year and it was 33 degrees at kickoff and the wind made it feel like 25 degrees. IMO we sweep the division next year PLAYOFFS 2010!!!
Yuup. I won't be happy if we're not at LEAST 12-4 if those scenarios play out.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Wow you guys are awfully confident. I wouldn't be surprised at all is Seattle is somewhat decent next season. There will always be one team to look out for
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Wow you guys are awfully confident. I wouldn't be surprised at all is Seattle is somewhat decent next season. There will always be one team to look out for

Who do you think poses a threat on their team tho? They have that young running back Forsett (spell check) and a some decent receivers (housh) but Hasselbeck hasn't been healthy for a while now and that O-Line is restructuring perhaps more so then ours...

Flip side, their D has Lofa Tatupu and Aaron Curry with an aging Patrick Kearney... Okay and maybe a solid starting secondary with Babineaux, Jennings, Wilson, and Lucas

The Cardinals are the only legitimate threat (pending any roster shake up) at this point
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Who do you think poses a threat on their team tho? They have that young running back Forsett (spell check) and a some decent receivers (housh) but Hasselbeck hasn't been healthy for a while now and that O-Line is restructuring perhaps more so then ours...

Flip side, their D has Lofa Tatupu and Aaron Curry with an aging Patrick Kearney... Okay and maybe a solid starting secondary with Babineaux, Jennings, Wilson, and Lucas

The Cardinals are the only legitimate threat (pending any roster shake up) at this point

Yet the Seahawks beat the Niners this year. Sorry but you just can't take divisional rivals lightly no matter what there roster looks like. Folks on here talking like the niners got wins in the bank. All I'm saying is let's just wait til after the draft and free agency before we just dismiss teams.

yep and that team is the 2010 San Francisco 49ers baby!!
Divisions are never won "by default".

Agreed. They were decimated by injuries.

We should wait until we see what moves these teams make before we start making proclamations.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Agreed. They were decimated by injuries.

We should wait until we see what moves these teams make before we start making proclamations.

All 3 will be making a major QB change within the next 1-3 years. If Alex proves his worth we are a MAJOR step ahead in the game.

i said the exact same thing to my friend when the playoffs started
I'm not sure AZ will be a pushover next season, even with Leinart at the helm. And who's to say McNabb won't be taking snaps for either SEA or AZ?

McNabb in AZ, scary.

What?!?!? Seattle has no talent. The fact that we lost to them is pathetic.

Alex's best game btw.
Doing well against our own division isn't our problem. We were 5-1 this year!
Our problem is the same as our entire divisions - we can't hang with the rest of the league. Only Zona posted a respectable record against non-div teams.

Here's how the NFC West faired against non-division opponents:

Niners: 3-7
Cards: 6-4
Hawks: 2-8
Rams: 1-9

Combined NFC West record against non-division opponents?
12-28

Absolutely pathetic.

[ Edited by scopur49er on Jan 13, 2010 at 10:49:28 ]
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I'm not sure AZ will be a pushover next season, even with Leinart at the helm. And who's to say McNabb won't be taking snaps for either SEA or AZ?

McNabb in AZ, scary.

Andy Reid already said that McNabb is their qb for '10. Though anything is possible.
Share 49ersWebzone