LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Does anybody think that Balmer has the potential to do....anything?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
To be honest with you, I am not expecting much from him.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
What did Franklin do his first few years in the league? Now look at him.

So before writing Balmer off as a bust maybe we should keep in mind what the 'experts' said when we drafted him that he would be a project just like most 3-4 lineman.

Agree! It's taken Alex until his fourth year to show flashes. It might take Balmer 3-4 years as well.
Unpopular position. Not enough snaps
Originally posted by rapid4:
Another WTF pick. Just like Cody Wallace.

Right, and many of you said that Franklin was a bust in FA. I think that was before this year when he played at an All-Pro level, but hey what do I know.
Whether or not Balmer will be a total bust I have no idea. I do know however, if I was a GM I would NEVER EVER EVER draft a player that had one good year.

With that said Franklin's been around for 7 years and just started playing at a high level and Soap has been around for 5 and is just began playing as a true starter.
I used to think Aubrayo Franklin was just a pile of s**t so I guess I have to at least have some hope in Kentwan Balmer.
He did force an intentional grounding. That is pretty much a sack.
Remember... he's this guy:

Yes. He's a force to be reckoned with on kickoff returns. Dude's a beast with the ball in his hands!!!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Yes. He's a force to be reckoned with on kickoff returns. Dude's a beast with the ball in his hands!!!

Who needs Spiller, we got Balmer!

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Really have little to no hope of Balmer doing anything. If he does hey thats great, but he will always be the guy we passed on DeSean Jackson for
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Really have little to no hope of Balmer doing anything. If he does hey thats great, but he will always be the guy we passed on DeSean Jackson for
I hated the Balmer pick then and nothing has happened yet to change my mind.

I seriously doubt this guy ever has a ten sack year, or numbers worthy of the pick considering who was left on the board, but I've been wrong many times.
Originally posted by miked1978:
What did Franklin do his first few years in the league? Now look at him.

So before writing Balmer off as a bust maybe we should keep in mind what the 'experts' said when we drafted him that he would be a project just like most 3-4 lineman.

An even better example of a slow starter is Ted Washington. We drafted him in 1991 and after 3 seasons, either traded, released or didn't resign him ( I don't remember)..

Ted Washington went on to become a 4 time pro-bowl NT and member of the NE Patriots Super Bowl Championship team..

So for those of you calling Balmer a bust.

I say NOT SO FAST..

Balmer was pretty raw when we picked him, we didn't know it then, but 49er brass did.

Hopefully Balmer is a classic late bloomer and he'll turn out just fine. But we can't call him a bust after just 1 1/2 seasons.
please how many of these project guys with tons of upside really ever pan out? im sooo over the guys with potential/upside....do u hear me scot? i want guys who produced in college on a regular basis and didnt just show some flashes of good play and have a good body.
Share 49ersWebzone