LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Looking Back, would you rather have had Pete Carroll or Mike Nolan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bill Walsh or Mike Singletary? WTF?
Neither. Cannot win with them. Cannot play with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Neither. Cannot win with them. Cannot play with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it.

wont do it, bad boy, eh eh, eh eh
That's an apples and oranges question...Carroll had a ton more experience than Nolan did. I'll give the critics that Nolan was inexperienced...but to say he screwed up the team is wrong, IMHO. Did he make mistakes...you bet he did. Just about every first-time NFL head coach does. One thing he did do was dramatically improve the roster. I give Singletary credit for remaking our OL, which has served Harbaugh extremely well. As for Carroll, many thought he'd fall on his face in Seattle, but he hasn't. If you look at his tenure in NE and the Jets, they weren't good teams then. To his credit, he learned from those experiences and has built/coached the 'Hawks into one of the top teams in the NFL. Still don't care for the guy, but you can't argue with success.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
That's an apples and oranges question...Carroll had a ton more experience than Nolan did. I'll give the critics that Nolan was inexperienced...but to say he screwed up the team is wrong, IMHO. Did he make mistakes...you bet he did. Just about every first-time NFL head coach does. One thing he did do was dramatically improve the roster. I give Singletary credit for remaking our OL, which has served Harbaugh extremely well. As for Carroll, many thought he'd fall on his face in Seattle, but he hasn't. If you look at his tenure in NE and the Jets, they weren't good teams then. To his credit, he learned from those experiences and has built/coached the 'Hawks into one of the top teams in the NFL. Still don't care for the guy, but you can't argue with success.

I agree with this. I still think Carroll makes a better head coach than Nolan, but Carroll's first two stints weren't very successful. The Jets team he coached stunk and his New England squad actually regressed with every year.
Nolan because that led to sing which led to Harbaugh...There's no one in this league i'd want over harbaugh at the moment.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Nolan because that led to sing which led to Harbaugh...There's no one in this league i'd want over harbaugh at the moment.

Yes to that.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
NOLAN all day because if we would have gotten that cross dresser Pete it wouldn't have led to what we have now.
[ Edited by MarkD on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM ]
*Nolan voice* From a future 'standpoint... I'd say Nolan, cause the circle of life flowed, and Harbaugh came in the end.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I was always against Nolan.. the guy actually had time to worry about wearing suits than fixing the team..

.. the fact that he also didn't bother courting Drew Brees after Drew's agent personally contacted him for a workout..

.. and i will never forgive him for choosing Alex Smith over Aaron Rogers after basing it on a Jump Rope...

.. i'm not sure if any of you remembers how he asked both guys during their interview to do jump rope, and when Rogers asked him what was it for, Nolan came to the conclussion that Aaron would be a much harder QB to coach..

.. and who can forget about his idiotic comment after the draft, "Aaron may just be the better QB, but I'll win with my guy"...

.. damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by frankie:
Sing opened the door to harbaugh! So no, the path we took id rather have harbaugh! He's an awesome n great coach :)
Forgot bout this thread!

why the f**k did you bump this thread?

f**k pete carroll

Sorry donnie i lol'd just now when seen it was still going! Wow we came along way. Yes i know many other threads that coulda been said in. And yes f**k pete carroll lol the enemy!!!
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
How did this get bumped?
holy ****, I'm laughing so hard at this post. LOL! Such a good question.

I did too! Lmao sadly i did :( lmao
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I liked Carroll when he was with us..actually wanted him to replace seifert instead Steve "soft" mooch

I hated we got rid of seifert. Tho when we ended up getting the mooch i was stoked. Sure was a qb coach, tho was of the walsh tree, holmgren, mooch wco roots! Loved it...
Share 49ersWebzone