LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

Looking Back, would you rather have had Pete Carroll or Mike Nolan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mike Nolan was too much of a control freak. I like some players we got from him as well as coaches (ala Munusky). Who knows...but I know for a fact lots of people on here were like, "Hell no" to Carroll bc of his track record in the NFL. Whatever...I just want to get to the draft already and get this thing rolling for next year. Eff whoever else.....SING IS OUR COACH and I think he can get us to the playoffs!!!!!
I'd take Sing over both of them...
I give him a year and a half, and he will be on a college campus some where trying to move back in with a college student! That's the only way he left usc. When charlie weiss let the cat out of the bag on pete carroll then pete took off running and the only team stupid enough to give him a job was the sea-chickens. Thank GOD!
Pete Carroll would have taken the QB who grew up in Cali and whos dream was to be a San Francisco 49er; Aaron Rodgers. Pete Carroll would have listened to Jerry Rice when he said "Draft this receiver. He is special." - Deshaun Jackson. But instead, we got Kentwan Balmer. Who?
Originally posted by susweel:
I would take Pete Carrol because Nolan really screwed up this team.

this team was already screwed b4 Nolan. I don't see how he made it worse
Originally posted by jreff22:
Nolan brought Sing, next year Sing will bring the playoffs.

Sing opened the door to harbaugh! So no, the path we took id rather have harbaugh! He's an awesome n great coach :)
Forgot bout this thread!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
bringing to life a three year old thread?
carroll is much better than Nowin lol. but thats not saying much

and carroll is mediocre as f**k
Originally posted by cciowa:
bringing to life a three year old thread?

Lol my bad! Was just curious n checked the archives ha ha wont happen again..........tho cciowa nice to see how far we have come i must say. Few players on team still here from the nolan days. Gore, willis, brown, staley, lee, davis, ray mac, snyders back, craziness the turnover of players and coachs since :) glad to see all our guys having great success. Especially the guys at one point looked like they'd die on a not so great team
This thread can go back to archives lol
[ Edited by nc49erfan on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM ]

Still tRollin with Nolan!
Originally posted by Squidp:
Still tRollin with Nolan!

I used to get flamed for not rollin, i wanted success. Nolan helped get us some great players so forever thanked. Tho head coach wasnt crazy bout em
Originally posted by frankie:
I used to get flamed for not rollin, i wanted success. Nolan helped get us some great players so forever thanked. Tho head coach wasnt crazy bout em

Fact.

The turn around started with him and Scot McCloughan
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by frankie:

Fact.

The turn around started with him and Scot McCloughan

Yes it is the truth, tho as a head coach nolan didnt seem to have it. He was quick to throw players under the bus. His last season explains it to me. Played scared, relied on the big nickle, we got toasted weekly. Sing came in put lawson back on field, went back to our base. We became the stingiest 2nd half of season defense. Nolan was happy playing lawson on sp teams. Which he proved was better then that as our d lock up the opposition. We lost i believe 1 game under sings intermship.
Mike Nolan put this team together! well most of it...so i'd take him over cheat carroll any day
Share 49ersWebzone