There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Looking Back, would you rather have had Pete Carroll or Mike Nolan?

Carroll is a master at going 8-8, 7-9, 9-7, and fielding a very soft squad. He probably would have handled Alex Smith better than Nolan, but the result would not have made anyone happy.

As for how he handles talent, when Carroll was in NE he managed to almost destroy the career of Ted Bruschi.

There is really no reason to like Carroll as an NFL coach. College - yes. NFL? Proven softie.
Originally posted by susweel:
I would take Pete Carrol because Nolan really screwed up this team.

Like it wasnt screwed when he got hired....
Originally posted by RichnSanRamon:
Carroll is a master at going 8-8, 7-9, 9-7, and fielding a very soft squad. He probably would have handled Alex Smith better than Nolan, but the result would not have made anyone happy.

As for how he handles talent, when Carroll was in NE he managed to almost destroy the career of Ted Bruschi.

There is really no reason to like Carroll as an NFL coach. College - yes. NFL? Proven softie.

Yeah, Carroll was pretty much playing with Parcells' previous talent (during his first year with NE), and could have possibly been the worst coach of the 'Kraft-era' if he had stuck around. -Heck, isn't Carroll on that NFL Network list of "college coaches that never cut it in the NFL"?

It's hard to really see where this is going, but the turnover rate for a successful college HC entering the NFL is rather high (Nick Saban, Patrino), and Carroll's 'cheerleader' attitude with 'sugarcoated dishonesty' will have his players carving him up by year 2.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
When Coach Nolan ditched the WCO after just one year, he lost the winning tradition built by BW, and doomed his future as a head coach. Hindsight says Pete Carroll.
Do we even need to ask that question? Nolan sucked. No other way to put it. Half a decade wasted.
Would Carroll have drafted P. Willis?
neither, Nolan too "my way or highway Carroll, too easy going
  • elaments
  • Info N/A
I'm not sure if anyone has touched on this yet or not but if Carroll did indeed come her in 05 then Leinart more than likely would've came out instead of staying that extra year and we would've selected him #1 overall. I think we were f**ked either way, Alex seems to have the better future still IMO.
Originally posted by CSRKing21:

wtf r u talking about its because of Nolan this team is close to the playoffs

VD willis lawson nate clement justin smith frank gore staley. Yeah nolan sure sucked... the only thing nolan did that was bad was not give his franchise qb anything, threw him under the bus and gave him a new cord every year and glass man jonas but other wise i say nolan took the worst talented team ever in nfl and got it some talent.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Maybe if we get Carroll, we get Leinart too?

I was wondering this too. If Carroll became the 49ers head coach in 2005, Leinart might have entered that year's draft instead of staying at USC for an extra year.

• crzy
  • Veteran
Nolan > Carroll
Nolan built our team and I give him a lot of credit for that. He just couldn't get it done on game days.

retarded post of the day
I hope we beat the s**t out of denver next year! Seattle too! Screw'em both!
Playoffs 2010!!
Pete Carroll.