LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Can We End Dble Standards in 2010?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can We End Dble Standards in 2010?

Originally posted by Youngone:
How about ending the double standards of Smith playing horribly but its ok because the oline is terrible or the playcalling is grossly inadequate?

What some people really want is all of us to hold hands & sing kumbaya under a rainbow, and never discuss any flaws with mediocre or poor performing players on the team.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It will never stop. I've come to the conclusion that nothing will satisfy the anti-Smith crowd. If Smith had performed as Rodgers yesterday, there would be a billion "Smith sucks" threads.

-9fA

this

This. "Wins are all that matters."**

**Except for people still crying about Aaron Rodgers > Alex Smith.
1st double standard is very true. I keep saying folks need to settle down getting over hyped about a pass rush that killed the Rams, Detroit, and Arizona. as for the second part I don't even care enough about Flacco or Sanchez to be praising them. The thing is what are below Alex Smith standards? the guy hasn't been consistent enough to establish any kind of standards.
Originally posted by GEEK:
49erswebzone = sports fan forum.

fan = fanatics

fanatics does not equal rationality.

lol, you mean fanaticism is an excuse for irrationality
Originally posted by Youngone:
How about ending the double standards of Smith playing horribly but its ok because the oline is terrible or the playcalling is grossly inadequate?

Where's the double standard? If it was one or two plays, fine.

But we're talking whole QUARTERS where the QB is on his back.

That's the Line's job to protect the QB. Correct?

Show me the double standard there and I will stop having it.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by krizay:
So this is just another pro Alex Smith thread dressed up like a pep rally thread!
How about ending the double standard that it's not fair if Smith is predominantly in the I-Formation, which is the reason why he doesn't play well, yet it is perfectly fair if Hill is predominantly in the I-Formation.

Remember, when predominantly in a passing offense, Hill performed better than Smith.
The double standards will probably never end, because in everyone's own mind, they are not double standards...
And just to clarify for those that may not understand, dbl standard means.

Our QB throws 200yds, 2td's 1 int, it's not enough, cuz he should score more.

Another QB can win a playoff game with less than this, but is accepted.

Our WR's can drop tons of passes, but negated, because it's the QB who f**ked up.

Other Teams WR's can make unbelievable catches, and catch any ball thats near them or touches their hands 99% of the time and some of us look and go ahhhh, damn that was a good catch, not talking about how bad the ball was thrown.

Or the best one I like. Smith produced against sorry teams in the last 3 games. We say yeah he did good, but it's against sorry teams. Our defense plays almost lights out the last 3 games with tons of sacks and qb pressures, but some of us lose the fact that, dont forget, this is still a sorry team, so their production is on the same level as the QB's no different. Playing lights out against sorry teams.

I just say we look like tons of other teams on any given week. Why do we knock our team if we produce not soo much one week and win. But another team produces even less, they win, and you praise em.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jan 11, 2010 at 12:44:57 ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
And just to clarify for those that may not understand, dbl standard means.

Our QB throws 200yds, 2td's 1 int, it's not enough, cuz he should score more.

1. Another QB can win a playoff game with less than this, but is accepted.

Our WR's can drop tons of passes, but negated, because it's the QB who f**ked up.

2. Other Teams WR's can make unbelievable catches, and catch any ball thats near them or touches their hands 99% of the time and some of us look and go ahhhh, damn that was a good catch, not talking about how bad the ball was thrown.

3. Or the best one I like. Smith produced against sorry teams in the last 3 games. We say yeah he did good, but it's against sorry teams. Our defense plays almost lights out the last 3 games with tons of sacks and qb pressures, but some of us lose the fact that, dont forget, this is still a sorry team, so their production is on the same level as the QB's no different. Playing lights out against sorry teams.

I just say we look like tons of other teams on any given week. Why do we knock our team if we produce not soo much one week and win. But another team produces even less, they win, and you praise em.

1. We are talking about a double standard with comparing a ROOKIE QB to a 5th year guy? I'm sorry, but if one is a rookie and the other has been here 5 years, it MUST be a double standard no different than Alex's rookie year and everyone making excuses that he's a rookie/age/...

2. There is a huge difference than throwing to a covered WR, throwing the ball where only he can catching (throwing him open) and the WR making the difficult catch than a QB throwing to a wide open WR and making a wide open throw difficult. The WR expects one to be easy, so it is more of an "oh s**t" moment, whereas a difficult situation, the WR is aware it's going to be tight and isn't surprised.

However, yes, our guys have drops easy balls also, but every team has this, we just don't see those teams enough to notice.

3. If you think the talent on this team is still sorry, then we should only be winning 5 games.

So this is just another pro Alex Smith thread dressed up like a pep rally thread!

They are sneaky! Those nut huggers!
The greater question is: Can we end talking about Alex Smith until the 2010 season begins?

The bottom line is that he is the starter going into next season, no matter how many people whine/cry/complain/or post 500 anti-Smith threads on this board. Like him or not, this is the reality, and the sooner that people embrace this reality, the sooner we can discuss any one of 1000 other issues that surround the team.

In other words, the constant drumbeat by the anti-Smith and pro-Smith crowds are old, stale.... and in addition, old and stale. Old and stale. And, also, old and stale. And, in conclusion, it is old and stale.

Just move on to other topics.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The greater question is: Can we end talking about Alex Smith until the 2010 season begins?

The bottom line is that he is the starter going into next season, no matter how many people whine/cry/complain/or post 500 anti-Smith threads on this board. Like him or not, this is the reality, and the sooner that people embrace this reality, the sooner we can discuss any one of 1000 other issues that surround the team.

In other words, the constant drumbeat by the anti-Smith and pro-Smith crowds are old, stale.... and in addition, old and stale. Old and stale. And, also, old and stale. And, in conclusion, it is old and stale.

Just move on to other topics.

You know the endless debate is going to remain endless until someone takes this position to a higher level of play at a consistent level. QB has been, & remains the most interesting topic about the 49ers because of how important it is & how bad it has been with this team for the last several years. Actually I think because no stamp of conclusion has been put on this for so many years, it will most likely continue even if Smith plays really well. It is hard to shake a poor image that developed over several years.
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Until the team starts winnin SB's again it will NEVER stop. Fans will be fans...when you're winnin the lil things dont matter. Start losin and get your umbrella ready cuz the sh*t storm is comin, and its been pretty sh*tty around here for 7 years now.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

They are sneaky! Those nut huggers!

Ok.... This was very funny!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone