LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 129 users in the forums

Kinda tired of

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
There's always gonna be the talk of what if this or what if that. Bottom line is we have who we have Im sure other teams who passed on some of our players are kickin themselves in the @ss too. I think we got a nice squad that is raw right now still learnin and puttin it all together. Alex say what u want is doin sooooo much better than what weve become used to seein, he's gonna get better. Coach Sing said this was gonna be a special year and I think it was. We are starting to see players reach there potential, players steppin up, and guys startin to mature before our eyes. We're gonna look back at this "09-10" season and realize that its gonna be the springboard for great things to come for the faithful.
use periods
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Faceless:
I must admit I've caught myself saying what if we had a 'franchise qb, what if we he a awesome O-line, what if he had a play making strong saftey' but u know what? It doesn't work that way... If we woulda drafted Aaron Rodgers we would have probably never gotten frank gore who was drafted in the 3rd round that year we probably would have had better or worse records definately not identical records so our draft positions would have been different and we probably would not have been able to draft players like Vernon,Manny, P-willy etc etc... So yea we could say what if blah blah but our times coming where fans of other teams will be saying man I wish we drafted VD or pwilly or frank gore... Of course our GM isn't perfect but no one is ......yes he needs to realize when teams r basically giving players or draft picks away for dirt(happens every year i.e Cleveland this year) while yet still keep our core players and future players in tact but I do think we r on the right track... If any of u were fans when we won 2 games back on 04' you would think we r light years ahead now . Go Niners.

how would drafting Rodgers have meant no Gore? Smith probably just falls to the Packers and they take him instead.

but i agree, the people who whine about why we didnt take Rodgers are not only monday morning QB's, but they just assume Rodgers is awesome and Smith sucks, when in reality it was their situations.

we had a poor situation for a young QB, the packers had a great situation for one. either guy we drafted wouldve gone through the same mismanaged development.
there no point in looking back and saying "what if??"

just think about SD. theyre so good, yet all the bad decisions...if they kept Brees, they dont draft Rivers, they take Larry Fitzgerald instead, and they let go of LT instead of Turner.

they wouldve had an offense of Drew Brees, Michael Turner, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson. THAT would make me cringe if i was a Chargers fan.

I hate this argument. Anyone with a brain could tell that Rodgers was the more polished QB and Alex was supposed to be the raw talent guy. Rodgers would have faired better than Alex if we drafted him that first year. I am sure he would have struggled but he would be well ahead of the curve now compared to Alex. Also do u really think being the backup to Favre was a good learning experience. All the stories I have heard are quite the opposite. Favre wouldn't even talk to Aaron. And how would u like to fill Favre's shoes after he leaves amid all that drama. Aaron is tough mentally and physically.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I must admit I've caught myself saying what if we had a 'franchise qb, what if we he a awesome O-line, what if he had a play making strong saftey' but u know what? It doesn't work that way... If we woulda drafted Aaron Rodgers we would have probably never gotten frank gore who was drafted in the 3rd round that year we probably would have had better or worse records definately not identical records so our draft positions would have been different and we probably would not have been able to draft players like Vernon,Manny, P-willy etc etc... So yea we could say what if blah blah but our times coming where fans of other teams will be saying man I wish we drafted VD or pwilly or frank gore... Of course our GM isn't perfect but no one is ......yes he needs to realize when teams r basically giving players or draft picks away for dirt(happens every year i.e Cleveland this year) while yet still keep our core players and future players in tact but I do think we r on the right track... If any of u were fans when we won 2 games back on 04' you would think we r light years ahead now . Go Niners.

how would drafting Rodgers have meant no Gore? Smith probably just falls to the Packers and they take him instead.

1. but i agree, the people who whine about why we didnt take Rodgers are not only monday morning QB's, but they just assume Rodgers is awesome and Smith sucks, when in reality it was their situations.

2. we had a poor situation for a young QB, the packers had a great situation for one. either guy we drafted wouldve gone through the same mismanaged development.

3. just think about SD. theyre so good, yet all the bad decisions...if they kept Brees, they dont draft Rivers, they take Larry Fitzgerald instead, and they let go of LT instead of Turner.

they wouldve had an offense of Drew Brees, Michael Turner, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson. THAT would make me cringe if i was a Chargers fan.

There's a difference between making a bad pick but using it the correct way and making the wrong pick AND using him incorrectly.

1. We drafted a project QB yet started him year one...should have drafted the more NFL ready. Or we should have developed the project in the correct way.

2. Being in a great or bad situation doesn't mean a QB can or can't use instincts to show NFL ability. Look at Matt Lienart: in a great situation with immense talent around him yet he doesn't have Rodgers' abilities and can't do what Rodgers is able to do. I think the difference between Leinart and Rodgers is Rodgers has a better work ethic. I honestly do not think Leinart gives a f**k.

3. SD didn't have bad drafts. Trading Vick's rights for LT and Breese was awesome. Trading Manning for Rivers was another plus. Acquiring Merryman, Phillips, Cromartie. They had more talent stacked up at similar positions and they worked it well.They have had a few good drafts in a row, lucky b*****ds.

[ Edited by Memphis9er on Jan 11, 2010 at 16:31:27 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by BobS:
What I am tired of is getting ripped for expecting more out of this team. 5 years to get back to 8-8 from 2-14 is nothing to get excited about, teams go from 5-11 to 11-5 in back to back years all the time. The 49ers won 10 games or more 17 years in a row. I guess we should be excited, with the current front office people and coaching staff in place, seven to nine wins are probably the limit.

Don't you know? "Realistic" expectations is getting to 8 wins in 5 years. Even more realistic is to improve to 7 wins, then go back to 5 wins, then to 7 wins, and now 8 wins.

In this era, it's just too unrealistic for a team to go from 4 wins to the playoffs. [sarcasm meter on high]

If you are being realistic regarding to the talent, then 9 wins should be what we get. We are losing games because of coaching and people who thought coaching was going to screw up a couple of wins are talking out of their ass and claiming realistic.

Realistic is not expecting wins when you are changing offensive systems every year for 7 years. Unrealistic expectations are why you get all the whining, pissing and moaning from. A rookie head coach with a new OC and an unstable QB situation on a team with gaping holes in key positions, that is a recipe for playoffs every time.

but i agree, the people who whine about why we didnt take Rodgers are not only monday morning QB's, but they just assume Rodgers is awesome and Smith sucks, when in reality it was their situations.

we had a poor situation for a young QB, the packers had a great situation for one. either guy we drafted wouldve gone through the same mismanaged development.

just think about SD. theyre so good, yet all the bad decisions...if they kept Brees, they dont draft Rivers, they take Larry Fitzgerald instead, and they let go of LT instead of Turner.

People don't whine about not taking Rodgers. They whine at the fact that Alex should NEVER have been the #1 Overall pick. Any GM with half a brain would have traded down. And don't give me this crap about no opposing team wanting to do it because somehow other teams trade down all the time.
  • Bourbon
  • Info N/A
Maybe he's just a slow starter... :)
Share 49ersWebzone