There are 188 users in the forums

Kinda tired of

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I must admit I've caught myself saying what if we had a 'franchise qb, what if we he a awesome O-line, what if he had a play making strong saftey' but u know what? It doesn't work that way... If we woulda drafted Aaron Rodgers we would have probably never gotten frank gore who was drafted in the 3rd round that year we probably would have had better or worse records definately not identical records so our draft positions would have been different and we probably would not have been able to draft players like Vernon,Manny, P-willy etc etc... So yea we could say what if blah blah but our times coming where fans of other teams will be saying man I wish we drafted VD or pwilly or frank gore... Of course our GM isn't perfect but no one is ......yes he needs to realize when teams r basically giving players or draft picks away for dirt(happens every year i.e Cleveland this year) while yet still keep our core players and future players in tact but I do think we r on the right track... If any of u were fans when we won 2 games back on 04' you would think we r light years ahead now . Go Niners.
Yeah. Other teams have terrible drafts. We are somewhere in the middle.
Nice post man.

GO 9ers !
Originally posted by Faceless:
I must admit I've caught myself saying what if we had a 'franchise qb, what if we he a awesome O-line, what if he had a play making strong saftey' but u know what? It doesn't work that way... If we woulda drafted Aaron Rodgers we would have probably never gotten frank gore who was drafted in the 3rd round that year we probably would have had better or worse records definately not identical records so our draft positions would have been different and we probably would not have been able to draft players like Vernon,Manny, P-willy etc etc... So yea we could say what if blah blah but our times coming where fans of other teams will be saying man I wish we drafted VD or pwilly or frank gore... Of course our GM isn't perfect but no one is ......yes he needs to realize when teams r basically giving players or draft picks away for dirt(happens every year i.e Cleveland this year) while yet still keep our core players and future players in tact but I do think we r on the right track... If any of u were fans when we won 2 games back on 04' you would think we r light years ahead now . Go Niners.

how would drafting Rodgers have meant no Gore? Smith probably just falls to the Packers and they take him instead.

but i agree, the people who whine about why we didnt take Rodgers are not only monday morning QB's, but they just assume Rodgers is awesome and Smith sucks, when in reality it was their situations.

we had a poor situation for a young QB, the packers had a great situation for one. either guy we drafted wouldve gone through the same mismanaged development.

there no point in looking back and saying "what if??"

just think about SD. theyre so good, yet all the bad decisions...if they kept Brees, they dont draft Rivers, they take Larry Fitzgerald instead, and they let go of LT instead of Turner.

they wouldve had an offense of Drew Brees, Michael Turner, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson. THAT would make me cringe if i was a Chargers fan.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 11, 2010 at 01:56:33 ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

how would drafting Rodgers have meant no Gore? Smith probably just falls to the Packers and they take him instead.

but i agree, the people who whine about why we didnt take Rodgers are not only monday morning QB's, but they just assume Rodgers is awesome and Smith sucks, when in reality it was their situations.

we had a poor situation for a young QB, the packers had a great situation for one. either guy we drafted wouldve gone through the same mismanaged development.

just think about SD. theyre so good, yet all the bad decisions...if they kept Brees, they dont draft Rivers, they take Larry Fitzgerald instead, and they let go of LT instead of Turner.

they wouldve had an offense of Drew Brees, Michael Turner, Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson. THAT would make me cringe if i was a Chargers fan.

lol oh yea
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Nice post man.

GO 9ers !
  • Pedro61
  • Info N/A
I think, the valid point is, that instead of envying everyone else, people will now begin to envy some of the talent we have on our roster....

Who wouldnt want Gore, crab, VD, #52, smith, franklin, but now also some others we have developed, morgan, goldstone, Sapoaga etc.........It's looking good.

What I am tired of though is woes on the O line........It all starts up front, and we have not had a dominant OL since Deese, Fiore, J New, Stone, and Gragg......

Look at the state of our OL this year?! And look at the OL we let go.....Smiley, and Kosier both key men on two of the best rushing teams in the league. If we'd kept them, we could of drafter another young OT instead of Rachal or Bass, and we'd have one of the best guard pairings in the league. We had the money to sign them, neither of them wanted to go......so why?!?!

And Nate clements, was an attempt at salvage by Nolan.....he was never going to last. For similar money we could have picked up a tackle.......
Sometimes you have to look around the league. We were a basement dweller for a few years there. no more. We have real talent on Offense and defense and an improved 8-8 record to show for it. We should continue to improve as our players and coaches gel and mature. There is finally more cause for optimism than pessimism on this team. We all know it could be a lot better but we should also all know that it could be a lot worse. The only game that truly leaves me pissed off all said and done was the Seahawks loss. We just have to take the next step and win some of those tough games next season and take care of all the deadbeats. With the exception of seattle we took care of the dead beats this year. We just need to find a way to beat the mid tier teams and upset a couple big timers.

I'd like to add Ryan Leaf

1. but i agree, the people who whine about why we didnt take Rodgers are not only monday morning QB's, but they just assume Rodgers is awesome and Smith sucks, when in reality it was their situations.

2. we had a poor situation for a young QB, the packers had a great situation for one. either guy we drafted wouldve gone through the same mismanaged development.

3. just think about SD. theyre so good, yet all the bad decisions...if they kept Brees, they dont draft Rivers, they take Larry Fitzgerald instead, and they let go of LT instead of Turner.

There's a difference between making a bad pick but using it the correct way and making the wrong pick AND using him incorrectly.

1. We drafted a project QB yet started him year one...should have drafted the more NFL ready.

2. Being in a great or bad situation doesn't mean a QB can or can't use instincts to show NFL ability. Look at Matt Lienart: in a great situation with immense talent around him yet he doesn't have Rodgers' abilities and can't do what Rodgers is able to do.

3. SD didn't have bad drafts. Trading Vick's rights for LT and Breese was awesome. Trading Manning for Rivers was another plus. Acquiring Merryman, Phillips, Cromartie. They had more talent stacked up at similar positions and they worked it well.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
What I am tired of is getting ripped for expecting more out of this team. 5 years to get back to 8-8 from 2-14 is nothing to get excited about, teams go from 5-11 to 11-5 in back to back years all the time. The 49ers won 10 games or more 17 years in a row. I guess we should be excited, with the current front office people and coaching staff in place, seven to nine wins are probably the limit.
im kinda tired of people without faces
Originally posted by valrod33:
im kinda tired of people without faces

I'm kinda tired of people full of feces.
Originally posted by BobS:
What I am tired of is getting ripped for expecting more out of this team. 5 years to get back to 8-8 from 2-14 is nothing to get excited about, teams go from 5-11 to 11-5 in back to back years all the time. The 49ers won 10 games or more 17 years in a row. I guess we should be excited, with the current front office people and coaching staff in place, seven to nine wins are probably the limit.

Don't you know? "Realistic" expectations is getting to 8 wins in 5 years. Even more realistic is to improve to 7 wins, then go back to 5 wins, then to 7 wins, and now 8 wins.

In this era, it's just too unrealistic for a team to go from 4 wins to the playoffs. [sarcasm meter on high]

If you are being realistic regarding to the talent, then 9 wins should be what we get. We are losing games because of coaching and people who thought coaching was going to screw up a couple of wins are talking out of their ass and claiming realistic.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 11, 2010 at 12:02:47 ]
Share 49ersWebzone