There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Pete Carroll comes to the NFC West...

Pete Carroll is basically Jim Mora Jr. with a great college resume. Listening to Pete's PC, he sounds like Mora Jr to, he gets all friendly with the reporters complimenting them on how great their questions are, I just don't see this guy succeeding in the NFL and now that I read that he is going to surround himself with a bunch of college coaches I am that much more certain he will fail.

He does have some things going for him, two top 20 picks and an owner who will spend a ton of money and reportedly they will throw tons of money at Julius Peppers and/or Richard Seymour but the Redskins spend money and that hasn't worked out all that well for them either.

So basically Pete Carroll, welcome to the NFC West, we are glad to have you.
Carrol will be gone after three years. This ain't Kansas Toto-the talent doesn't come to you via a yellow brick road. You have to find it and develope it. With 2 new coaches in the redskins and seahawks-do you think this will mean the QBs will be taken sooner than later? I am hoping so, so that the niners get more of the type of peope on their board. Especially since more and more are declaring for the draft because of no CBA.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Well I'll say this, he's already putting a pretty good staff, Bates as OC who learned under Shanahan, now Alex Gibbs the zone blocking guru to coach the line. He apparently learned one thing a USC, hire smart innovative teachers to work for you. Basically the opposite of what we've done.

Agreed. Bates & Gibbs will make a good team. I already have staff envy.

This actually enrages me, cause we had a shot at Gibbs, but we're sticking with the false-positive of continuity by keeping an '8-8' coaching staff on hand.

Lucky for us though, Carroll will hold the staff/players back in the end from being a challenge to us.

I'd like to take a shot at Mike Solari the guy Gibbs is replacing. He didn't do much in his two years in Seattle, but didn't have much to work with either. Solari had some great units in KC. He's also a Bay Area native . . . not that it matters.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Well I'll say this, he's already putting a pretty good staff, Bates as OC who learned under Shanahan, now Alex Gibbs the zone blocking guru to coach the line. He apparently learned one thing a USC, hire smart innovative teachers to work for you. Basically the opposite of what we've done.

Agreed. Bates & Gibbs will make a good team. I already have staff envy.

This actually enrages me, cause we had a shot at Gibbs, but we're sticking with the false-positive of continuity by keeping an '8-8' coaching staff on hand.

Lucky for us though, Carroll will hold the staff/players back in the end from being a challenge to us.

I'd like to take a shot at Mike Solari the guy Gibbs is replacing. He didn't do much in his two years in Seattle, but didn't have much to work with either. Solari had some great units in KC. He's also a Bay Area native . . . not that it matters.

Would LOVE Mike Solari as O-Line coach. He worked under Bob McKtrick here for about 4 or 5 years and did a great job as Chiefs O-Line coach for about a decade.
This does concern me a bit too. Hasslebeck or whatever his name is still has life in him and apparently he is assembling a good staff which might mean the difference in this tenure as a HC.

He wasn't a total failure with a bad team in NE he was 33-31 I believe. Not too shabby. Here to hoping he doesn't wield all that power he was granted to well because with a good draft he knows what to do with good players.

Go Niners
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Pete Carroll is basically Jim Mora Jr. with a great college resume. Listening to Pete's PC, he sounds like Mora Jr to, he gets all friendly with the reporters complimenting them on how great their questions are, I just don't see this guy succeeding in the NFL and now that I read that he is going to surround himself with a bunch of college coaches I am that much more certain he will fail.

He does have some things going for him, two top 20 picks and an owner who will spend a ton of money and reportedly they will throw tons of money at Julius Peppers and/or Richard Seymour but the Redskins spend money and that hasn't worked out all that well for them either.

So basically Pete Carroll, welcome to the NFC West, we are glad to have you.

You are so right. He is Mora. Singletary & McCloughan will chew him up and spit him out.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Mike Solari?

[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Jan 12, 2010 at 21:06:08 ]
Carroll might have an edge at finding talent in the NFL. He knows what to look for in players coming out of college. He's been surrounded by great college players so I personally think he will know exactly who he wants.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Carroll doesnt have a good track record in the NFL. Dont be fooled by his college success.

(see Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erikkson, Nick Saban......)

Carrol is a great defensive mind. He has had a lot of success in the NFL as a DC.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Carroll doesnt have a good track record in the NFL. Dont be fooled by his college success.

(see Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erikkson, Nick Saban......)

Carrol is a great defensive mind. He has had a lot of success in the NFL as a DC.

Uh, yes, as a DC. Unfortunately for him, he is not the DC. He is the HC and head of operations, which is great news for us.

LOVE this move. The hawks will bury themselves.
Carroll is following the #1 tenant for successful coaching in the NFL - hire GREAT assistants.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Carroll is following the #1 tenant for successful coaching in the NFL - hire GREAT assistants.

too bad Singletary doesn't know how to do that
Good question.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home