LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 356 users in the forums

If Pete Carroll comes to the NFC West...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sixbricks:
Pete will FAIL like he did during his HC NFL days. I'm more concern about Warner playing another year instead of retiring

Problem is he didn't fail. He went to the playoffs in 99.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Technically, Walsh can go under Al Davis. Davis was one of the pioneers of passing to the RB/FB.

Technically, Davis could go under Sid Gilman the father of the deep passing game.

But Davis was the pioneers of using the RB/FB in the passing game.

No actually the Bungles were. But se la vie.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
what ifs, QB scenarios...

what if PC tries to pick Leinart from the Tards. what if Warner retires. what if Hasselbeck ends up with the Tards. and worse, what if Hasselbeck ends up with us, and Alex gets shipped off to AZ.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Pete will FAIL like he did during his HC NFL days. I'm more concern about Warner playing another year instead of retiring

Problem is he didn't fail. He went to the playoffs in 99.

You've done your HW, well done lad
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Well I'll say this, he's already putting a pretty good staff, Bates as OC who learned under Shanahan, now Alex Gibbs the zone blocking guru to coach the line. He apparently learned one thing a USC, hire smart innovative teachers to work for you. Basically the opposite of what we've done.

why? we swept them this year with two different quarterbacks.

[ Edited by WestCoast on Jan 12, 2010 at 11:42:48 ]
Originally posted by TX9R:
Well I'll say this, he's already putting a pretty good staff, Bates as OC who learned under Shanahan, now Alex Gibbs the zone blocking guru to coach the line. He apparently learned one thing a USC, hire smart innovative teachers to work for you. Basically the opposite of what we've done.

Cool, they have no talent.

Agreed. Bates & Gibbs will make a good team. I already have staff envy.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
With the Seahawks I am more concerned about an uncapped year and Paul Allen's fat wallet. As for Warner, in spite of his Hall of Fame credentials we own the Cardinals.
the hell with carroll and the hawks. its damn warner im worried about, once this damn guy decides to retire the division is ours. think about it , the cards go as warner goes. their d isnt anything special and can be scored on and even if they have weapons on o without warner they wont do s**t. unfortunately i see warner at least reaching the nfc championship gm again and giving him more reason to come back

Mike Sando rips the Seahawks . . .

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/12855/seahawks-facing-credibility-crisis

Quote:
The pattern is clear. People at nearly every level of Seahawks management will tell you whatever suits them at the time. The team's efforts to cast itself as a model franchise appear fraudulent.

This organization has very little credibility.

The word "dysfunction" seems inadequate.

Ouch . . . this from a former Seahawk beat writer . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Agreed. Bates & Gibbs will make a good team. I already have staff envy.

This actually enrages me, cause we had a shot at Gibbs, but we're sticking with the false-positive of continuity by keeping an '8-8' coaching staff on hand.

Lucky for us though, Carroll will hold the staff/players back in the end from being a challenge to us.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Do you think Sing and his coaching staff can keep up with Whisenhunt and Carroll? I think Carroll can turn the Seahawks around, I just don't know how quickly. Whis already has the Cardinals in the playoffs. Say what you want, but whisenhunt is a good coach. I actually believe Spagnola can bring the Rams back eventually.

Carroll will only help the 49ers out in the long run , I'm not sold on him at all .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Mike Sando rips the Seahawks . . .

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/12855/seahawks-facing-credibility-crisis

Quote:
The pattern is clear. People at nearly every level of Seahawks management will tell you whatever suits them at the time. The team's efforts to cast itself as a model franchise appear fraudulent.

This organization has very little credibility.

The word "dysfunction" seems inadequate.

Ouch . . . this from a former Seahawk beat writer . . .

Good stuff. And I thought we were the only dysfunctional team in the NFC West.
Pete Carroll is basically Jim Mora Jr. with a great college resume. Listening to Pete's PC, he sounds like Mora Jr to, he gets all friendly with the reporters complimenting them on how great their questions are, I just don't see this guy succeeding in the NFL and now that I read that he is going to surround himself with a bunch of college coaches I am that much more certain he will fail.

He does have some things going for him, two top 20 picks and an owner who will spend a ton of money and reportedly they will throw tons of money at Julius Peppers and/or Richard Seymour but the Redskins spend money and that hasn't worked out all that well for them either.

So basically Pete Carroll, welcome to the NFC West, we are glad to have you.
Share 49ersWebzone