There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Pete Carroll comes to the NFC West...

• lions319
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by lions319:
i am not afraid of carrol, especially with him coach and also in charge of personnel decisions. if warner retires, and bolden leaves, how can we not be the favorite to win the nfc west? have u seen matt leinart play? not impressive

have you seen breaston and Doucet play? there's a reason why Boldin is becoming an afterthought in Zona, they are stacked.

I do agree with Leinart though. Hopefully the cards dont realize he sucks and draft another player

also, how is boldin an afterthought?

he is expendable dude. They have other areas of need that Wr, i dont know how you cant see that. Sure, he is sick...but when he goes he wont have nearly the same impact he did in Zona. Houshmandzadeh comes to mind, although Q is a much better receiver, its the same idea. Goes from a highly potent passing offense with many other weapons to take the focus off of him to a mediocre squad with not many other options.

They just scored 51 points without him...he's expendable, especially if they can grab a 1st round pick to work on that defense.

My argument from the start was that without warner and boldin arizona wont be nearly as good. See how good Doucett and breaston will look without Warner throwing them the ball. If Arizona loses Boldin and Warner, they are not as scary as a team.
i am not afraid of carrol, especially with him coach and also in charge of personnel decisions. if warner retires, and bolden leaves, how can we not be the favorite to win the nfc west? have u seen matt leinart play? not impressive

have you seen breaston and Doucet play? there's a reason why Boldin is becoming an afterthought in Zona, they are stacked.

I do agree with Leinart though. Hopefully the cards dont realize he sucks and draft another player

also, how is boldin an afterthought?

he is expendable dude. They have other areas of need that Wr, i dont know how you cant see that. Sure, he is sick...but when he goes he wont have nearly the same impact he did in Zona. Houshmandzadeh comes to mind, although Q is a much better receiver, its the same idea. Goes from a highly potent passing offense with many other weapons to take the focus off of him to a mediocre squad with not many other options.

They just scored 51 points without him...he's expendable, especially if they can grab a 1st round pick to work on that defense.

My argument from the start was that without warner and boldin arizona wont be nearly as good. See how good Doucett and breaston will look without Warner throwing them the ball. If Arizona loses Boldin and Warner, they are not as scary as a team.

Of course they wont be as good without them. nevermind, i dont think you know the meaning of expendable. Without Warner, not 51 points. Without Anquan, 51 points. i'll just agree to disagree
i think whisenhunt did an excellent job with the cardinals but we'll see how good they are with leinert under center. these last two seasons of dominance were because of Kurt Warner. possibly losing Boldin will hurt too but they are still stacked at receiver. i think a lot of their receivers' flourished under warner because he is very smart with the ball. leinert is not even close to being warner so i think they will decline next year on offense, defensively they are very good. as far as caroll, i dont think anyone expects caroll to walk in and turn seattle into the powerhouse that he had in USC. he is a good coach in college but in the pros he was a middle of the pack kind of coach. they will improve i think because he is a better coach than mora but they still have a ways to go, especially with the age and condition of their team, a full rebuild like the one the rams need and we are still in the process of, will probably need to happen for them to be relevant again. that being said, the 49ers cannot sit by and assume that transitioning teams will be beneath them, we still need help on offense and special teams and a player or two on defense. i think leaving raye is the right thing to do, the guy was boring at first but when we switched to smith and opened up, we showed some flashes a year tailoring this team to a more pass oriented offense will pay off big. we need one more speedy player on offense, be it a speedy receiver or a pass catching speedster running back like spiller or jahvid best and our offense is legit. if we get a guy like spiller or best or anyone like that our special teams problem will be solved as well. we are not far off, but sleeping on other teams because of transitions they are going through would be stupid
Screw Carrol. The man is just as bad as Bellicheat. That's okay apparently Shattle has decided to be a crap team. I have no problem with that.

This was happening 3 years out only Holmgren stuck with them for a year too long. They finished up with a losing season Holmgren left and Junior was left hanging out to dry.

Paul Allen was setting him up for one season. Win and he's re-signed. Lose and phhhtttt off with his head. I feel bad for Mora. The guy didn't deserve to be stabbed in the back. If Holmgren had signed on with them then Mora would have been safe.

Just another reason why if it came right down to brass tacks I do not EVER want Holmgren back. First sign of a losing season and he's gone. Yeah he said it was cause his wife gave him an ultimatum. But I think that was just a little TOO convenient.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by danimal:
doesn't Carroll have like a 500 NFL record? THats not that bad.

hes like 33-31 or something with two post-season appearances in 3 seasons. It's not that bad at all really.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Jan 10, 2010 at 23:05:09 ]
I'm not worried about Carrol and Wizenhunt will look average after Warner retires and Russ Grimm gets a HC gig. The guy we'll need to worry about is Spagnuolo in St. Louis IMO. It may not look like it today but within two more seasons I expect the Rams to contend for the NFC West.
What if Pete Carroll brings Ken Norton Jr. with him to Seattle? Ken is/was Carroll's Assistant HC of Defense/LBs.
  • OHHWHAT
  • Info N/A
Carroll sucks as an NFL coach. I ain't trippin'
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Do you think Sing and his coaching staff can keep up with Whisenhunt and Carroll? I think Carroll can turn the Seahawks around, I just don't know how quickly. Whis already has the Cardinals in the playoffs. Say what you want, but whisenhunt is a good coach. I actually believe Spagnola can bring the Rams back eventually.

lol youre giving carroll way too much credit. he was never a good NFL coach. and Spags didnt improve the Rams even one bit. if anything they got worse. also, we have the Cards number. i wouldnt worry about our division too much. we had alot of flaws this year and nearly swept it. shouldve swept it.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 10, 2010 at 23:55:29 ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
What if Pete Carroll brings Ken Norton Jr. with him to Seattle? Ken is/was Carroll's Assistant HC of Defense/LBs.

This answers my own question...

Source: Carroll to Bring Bates, Norton with him (ESPN)

Ken Norton a seab****? I'm gonna vomit then cry
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah I already said this in a different thread. What the f**k is up with b*****d rivals always stealing our former coaches/players. Seahags take Norton, Fudgepackers took Holmgren, Beagles took the WCO, Donkeys took Shanahan, now the Redskins took Shanahan, Tards taking Billy Davis, Fudgepackers taking McCarthy, Seahags take Holmgren, Seahags take JP, etc. Everywhere I look it seems like someone is stealing from us or our past. f**k the rest of the NFL, get your own stuff!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah I already said this in a different thread. What the f**k is up with b*****d rivals always stealing our former coaches/players. Seahags take Norton, Fudgepackers took Holmgren, Beagles took the WCO, Donkeys took Shanahan, now the Redskins took Shanahan, Tards taking Billy Davis, Fudgepackers taking McCarthy, Seahags take Holmgren, Seahags take JP, etc. Everywhere I look it seems like someone is stealing from us or our past. f**k the rest of the NFL, get your own stuff!

consider it flattery. we produce quality product.

its no secret that the Bill Walsh coaching tree, and WCO system revolutionized the entire NFL. think of how many of the greatest coaches of this era came from Walsh's tree. the majority. Walsh's coaching tree members:

Mike Holmgren
Jim Fassel
George Seifert
Dennis Green
Sam Wyche
Paul Hackett
Steve Mariucci
Andy Reid
Mike Sherman
Ray Rhodes
John Fox
Mike McCarthy
Jon Gruden
Bill Callahan
Mike Mularky
Bruce Coslet
Mike Shanahan
Jeff Fisher
Gary Kubiak
Brian Billick
Mike Tice
Jack Del Rio
Scott Linehan
Tony Dungy
Lovie Smith
Mike Tomlin
Rod Marinelli

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 11, 2010 at 02:11:08 ]
You have to think Carroll learned from his past experience in the NFL and will be better prepared this time. They have a good owner who doesn't meddle and isn't cheap. The fan base seems good, nice facilities.

Players are generally pretty young. They will like his personality and it will probably go off at least as well as motivational speeches.

USC, though, wow! They are screwed for awhile, even if they get a great coach like Riley. Hard to succeed with sanctions and players bailing to other schools.
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Last time I checked NFL teams are built through the draft, not recruiting. Carroll sucks.

I wouldn't go as far to say he sucks but pretty much this