LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

If Pete Carroll comes to the NFC West...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by boast:
i agree with what i heard yesterday.....

there is a difference between coaching rich 25 year olds and coaching poor 19 year olds.
"I actually believe Spagnola can bring the Rams back eventually."

Man, that is a big job!
Originally posted by crzy:
Singletary is the best coach in the NFC West.

That is sarcasm, right? If not, please pass that stuff around.
...it won't matter, because he has already proven (twice!) that he is a sh*tty coach at the NFL level.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
pete carroll is a loser in the nfl..some coaches just belong in college(saban,spurrier)

Dennis Erickson...

who else???
Originally posted by lions319:
i am not afraid of carrol, especially with him coach and also in charge of personnel decisions. if warner retires, and bolden leaves, how can we not be the favorite to win the nfc west? have u seen matt leinart play? not impressive

have you seen breaston and Doucet play? there's a reason why Boldin is becoming an afterthought in Zona, they are stacked.

I do agree with Leinart though. Hopefully the cards dont realize he sucks and draft another player
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tommyncal:

No it's not.

The Cardinals have SO MUCH more talent than the Niners.

Wisenhunt couldn't lead this 49er team to more victories than Singletary.

Spagnoloa hasn't done s**t.

Carroll is overrated and mediocre.
Last time I checked NFL teams are built through the draft, not recruiting. Carroll sucks.
"California Pete" they called him in New York and New England, and it wasn't a compliment. I don't see how the third time becomes the charm for him in Seattle. If he didn't learn enough from his first HC job in the NFL to be a good HC the second time around, what could being the USC head coach have taught him about being an NFL head coach?

Carroll succeeded at USC because he knows a lot of football (that's how he got 2 head coaching jobs in the NFL) but mostly because his personality was perfect for recruiting to USC.

I think Carroll must be running away from USC because he suspects major sanctions coming down the road. No other reason he'd leave with such a promising QB in place (Matt Barkley) and the boatload of talent.

Seattle is making this hire on hype IMO.
  • lions319
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
i am not afraid of carrol, especially with him coach and also in charge of personnel decisions. if warner retires, and bolden leaves, how can we not be the favorite to win the nfc west? have u seen matt leinart play? not impressive

have you seen breaston and Doucet play? there's a reason why Boldin is becoming an afterthought in Zona, they are stacked.

I do agree with Leinart though. Hopefully the cards dont realize he sucks and draft another player

doucet had one big game today? look at his numbers this season. If i remember correcly he was not even active for most games. You cannot put boldin and doucett on the same level. There is no way that you can think they will be as good next year if they do not have boldin. Yes it may not be as big a dropoff as some think, but still a subsantial drop off. IMO Boldin is one of the best wr in the game

[ Edited by lions319 on Jan 10, 2010 at 21:30:05 ]

• lions319
  • Info N/A

also, how is boldin an afterthought?
Originally posted by tommyncal:

No it's not.

The Cardinals have SO MUCH more talent than the Niners.

Wisenhunt couldn't lead this 49er team to more victories than Singletary.

Spagnoloa hasn't done s**t.

Carroll is overrated and mediocre.

Cards do have more talent, and they were in the SB last year. This year, we'll wait and see. I have no opinion on Spagnola yet, he hasn't had enough time yet. Carroll will get another chance like Belichick did. Time will tell. But Ken Whisenhunt has such a far better track record than Singletary and other than win the SB what else do you want him to do? I would trade the niners whole coaching staff for Whisenhunt alone, plus throw in A Smith!
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
pete carroll is a loser in the nfl..some coaches just belong in college(saban,spurrier)

also, how is boldin an afterthought?

he is expendable dude. They have other areas of need that Wr, i dont know how you cant see that. Sure, he is sick...but when he goes he wont have nearly the same impact he did in Zona. Houshmandzadeh comes to mind, although Q is a much better receiver, its the same idea. Goes from a highly potent passing offense with many other weapons to take the focus off of him to a mediocre squad with not many other options.

They just scored 51 points without him...he's expendable, especially if they can grab a 1st round pick to work on that defense.
doesn't Carroll have like a 500 NFL record? THats not that bad.
Share 49ersWebzone