There are 290 users in the forums

Too many fumbles

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Too much of that clubbing and stripping to knock the ball out.

Ball carriers are trying to go down while defenders hold them up and a bunch of guys try to yank the ball out. It seems half the time that when someone fights valiantly for extra yards they just end up losing the ball.

The game is better when the carriers try to stay up and the defenders try to bring them down! This has really had a bad effect on the game.

There seem to be fewer long drives because it is impossible to hold onto the ball for a lot of consecutive carries the way the ball is now being attacked.

Nobody can hold onto the ball if he is being held up while defenders rip at the ball. Sometimes they are held up for a very long time. Nobody can hold onto the ball if someone clubs their arm into numbness.

I think clubbing across the arms (on the ball is fair) or holding players up for stripping should be illegal.

Then that's just one more item on the list of why the Refs ain't doin their damn jobs. That right there is lack of forward progress. It's a dead ball and the whistle should be sounded signaling the play is over. There were 3 times this season that I know of where the Refs just did NOT follow through.

I'm sick and tired of the amateurish officiating that we're being subjected to. It's gotten so I don't even want to watch an NFL game besides ours so I don't have to be subjected to one more minute of ineptitude.

~Ceadder

thats a whole different argument. The officiating has gone down hill as far as i'm concerned, and the way the League defends them astonishes me. The players and coaches have every right to criticize the refs when they screw the game up.

I would like the league to acknowledge the poor officiating and come up with a plan to fix the issue rather than continue adding more and more rules. I think lack of proper officiating is a real issue, not "Too many fumbles"
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Too much of that clubbing and stripping to knock the ball out.

Ball carriers are trying to go down while defenders hold them up and a bunch of guys try to yank the ball out. It seems half the time that when someone fights valiantly for extra yards they just end up losing the ball.

The game is better when the carriers try to stay up and the defenders try to bring them down! This has really had a bad effect on the game.

There seem to be fewer long drives because it is impossible to hold onto the ball for a lot of consecutive carries the way the ball is now being attacked.

Nobody can hold onto the ball if he is being held up while defenders rip at the ball. Sometimes they are held up for a very long time. Nobody can hold onto the ball if someone clubs their arm into numbness.

I think clubbing across the arms (on the ball is fair) or holding players up for stripping should be illegal.

Then that's just one more item on the list of why the Refs ain't doin their damn jobs. That right there is lack of forward progress. It's a dead ball and the whistle should be sounded signaling the play is over. There were 3 times this season that I know of where the Refs just did NOT follow through.

I'm sick and tired of the amateurish officiating that we're being subjected to. It's gotten so I don't even want to watch an NFL game besides ours so I don't have to be subjected to one more minute of ineptitude.

~Ceadder

thats a whole different argument. The officiating has gone down hill as far as i'm concerned, and the way the League defends them astonishes me. The players and coaches have every right to criticize the refs when they screw the game up.

I would like the league to acknowledge the poor officiating and come up with a plan to fix the issue rather than continue adding more and more rules. I think lack of proper officiating is a real issue, not "Too many fumbles"

That's why I went this direction with this thread.

~Ceadder
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by tohara3:
It is part of the game
too many interceptions too.
You should start watching this game.

But then again, I think it's not fair that they get to polish the ice and blow air onto the object in this game.

Peter Pan is looking for a replacement for TinkerBell...

Originally posted by Joecool:

But then again, I think it's not fair that they get to polish the ice and blow air onto the object in this game.

They can blow air onto my object any time.

~Ceadder
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Joecool:

They can blow air onto my object any time.

~Ceadder

I too agree
Share 49ersWebzone