LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 133 users in the forums

Damn it hurts...........

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
You took the words right outta my mouth!

Aarron Rodgers
Desean Jackson

Cal Products, right?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by BigRon:
If Alex had the luxury to sit under the same O system on the bench for 3 years before he took his first snap.............

he needed it too considering the sytem he ran in college. One of Nolan's many mistakes.

Don't matter. Aaron Rodgers is farrrrrrr more talented.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Ughh, I'm staying positive, but I won't hold my breath with the ignorant attitude our staff has towards our o-line.

Unfortunately, our front brass has no commitment to winning. Not that I have anything against Singletary, but take a look at the viable candidates that we miss out on this season. Shanahan, Holmgren, possibly Cowher and Dungy. For a guy (Singletary) that is more loyal to his coaches than the team itself. And if and when this team fails (what makes you think Sing is committed to major changes this season eg FA, when he cant even make obvious changes eg coaches), we'll end up looking for a has-been during the offseason 2010.

This is why teams like Dallas, NY, and Pittsburgh turn teams around in years instead of decades. Accountability.......

Dallas has the same number of playoff wins that the Yorks had (1, albeit under Garcia :P)

NY, well I'm not going to take away the masterful run that Eli had that year. It is what it is.

Pitt has done a better job of transitions. Before Big Ben and Betts, Kordell (Slash) Stewart almost won another SB. Pitt easily could be at #7.

Pitt was dead in the 80s. They turned it around in the 90s. They turned it on in the 00s.

I believe in my heart of hearts that Jed's heart is in the right place. I think he is more Eddie (when it comes to football) than John. If John and Denise gave him the team like Eddie Sr. did with Eddie Jr. I think you would see the true Jed. When you think of Eddie D, you think of 49ers and you think of Championships. Jed wants that, needs that.

The Rooneys went through a dark period.
Originally posted by Chico:

Aarron Rodgers
Desean Jackson

Cal Products, right?

EXACTLYYY!
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by Chico:

Aarron Rodgers
Desean Jackson

Cal Products, right?

EXACTLYYY!

TBC
Andre Carter
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by taney71:
As I watch the Green Bay Packers duke it out with the Cardinals in the Wild Card matchup, I cant help it but think that this could be us..........US........playing the Packers at Candlestick, reviving an old rivalry that was all but dead for the past decade. But, as usual.......we botched when it counted.....and another season goes in the dust. Of course, that doesnt stop the faithful from claiming SUCCESS on a season where we went 8-8.......you know, cause 1 extra win from a dismal 7-9 record from before means oodles for a franchise that hasnt won a playoff game since 2002, not to mention has the least playoff appearances in the division in that span.

And to add insult to injury, Im watching Aaron Rodgers........yes the same Aaron Rodgers we passed on for Alex Smith..........light up the Arizona Cardinals in their own stadium. Now consider this........this is a team (Cardinals) that our defense manhandled on both occasions this season, but despite that........our QBs could barely muster up enough offense to claim victory.

And what on earth do people see in Alex Smith baffles me. Take a look at Rodgers and his dreadful offensive line. He's still making the plays, in AND out of the pocket. Something Smith cant do. He's pump faking, threading the balls to his receivers in coverage, and making the checkdowns when it counts. Things Alex cant do.

s**t.........I wish we could go back to 2005. How this team couldve been different. And this could have been us......the San Francisco 49ers led by Aaron Rodgers......duking it out with the Packers at Candlestick. Alex Smith wouldve already been out of this league.

Life sucks.........oh well, next year is our year, right ?

I think Rodgers would be in the same position as Smith. Rodgers has had the benefit of learning and studying the same offensive system for 5 years. Alex Smith has been under 4 different offensive systems.

Well if that's the case why scout anybody? Just plug them into a certain system and bam, all pro. Talent has nothing to do with it.

Thank you. People who think everything is based on nature are clueless. All QBs are not created equal when they get to the NFL. Some are just more suited for being good vs. others.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by BigRon:
If Alex had the luxury to sit under the same O system on the bench for 3 years before he took his first snap.............

he needed it too considering the sytem he ran in college. One of Nolan's many mistakes.

Don't matter. Aaron Rodgers is farrrrrrr more talented.

True, because he runs to the right beter
As I watch the Green Bay Packers duke it out with the Cardinals in the Wild Card matchup, I cant help it but think that this could be us..........US........playing the Packers at Candlestick, reviving an old rivalry that was all but dead for the past decade. But, as usual.......we botched when it counted.....and another season goes in the dust. Of course, that doesnt stop the faithful from claiming SUCCESS on a season where we went 8-8.......you know, cause 1 extra win from a dismal 7-9 record from before means oodles for a franchise that hasnt won a playoff game since 2002, not to mention has the least playoff appearances in the division in that span.

And to add insult to injury, Im watching Aaron Rodgers........yes the same Aaron Rodgers we passed on for Alex Smith..........light up the Arizona Cardinals in their own stadium. Now consider this........this is a team (Cardinals) that our defense manhandled on both occasions this season, but despite that........our QBs could barely muster up enough offense to claim victory.

And what on earth do people see in Alex Smith baffles me. Take a look at Rodgers and his dreadful offensive line. He's still making the plays, in AND out of the pocket. Something Smith cant do. He's pump faking, threading the balls to his receivers in coverage, and making the checkdowns when it counts. Things Alex cant do.

s**t.........I wish we could go back to 2005. How this team couldve been different. And this could have been us......the San Francisco 49ers led by Aaron Rodgers......duking it out with the Packers at Candlestick. Alex Smith wouldve already been out of this league.

I think Rodgers would be in the same position as Smith. Rodgers has had the benefit of learning and studying the same offensive system for 5 years. Alex Smith has been under 4 different offensive systems.

Well if that's the case why scout anybody? Just plug them into a certain system and bam, all pro. Talent has nothing to do with it.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. All I said was that Rodgers has been a completely different situation than Smith. The 49ers have been a horrible organization completely unable to develop a young QB. The Packers were able to let a young QB sit and watch while learning. Pretty easy to see that Smith would be doing much better with the Packers and Rodgers would be doing a lot worse with the 9ers.

Just saying Rodgers is a better QB. Better Arm, Better Accuracy, Better feel for the game. It's impossible to prove but i feel even, if they switched spots, Rodgers would be better. Rodgers just has better touch, better accuracy, and i don't think it's all because of his system.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. All I said was that Rodgers has been a completely different situation than Smith. The 49ers have been a horrible organization completely unable to develop a young QB. The Packers were able to let a young QB sit and watch while learning. Pretty easy to see that Smith would be doing much better with the Packers and Rodgers would be doing a lot worse with the 9ers.

Just saying Rodgers is a better QB. Better Arm, Better Accuracy, Better feel for the game. It's impossible to prove but i feel even, if they switched spots, Rodgers would be better. Rodgers just has better touch, better accuracy, and i don't think it's all because of his system.

Ok. Perhaps you are right. As you said it is impossible to prove. Everyone knows that I'm an Alex Smith supporter. However, if we drafted Rodgers I'd be a Rodgers supporter right now. Smith is our QB. There is no would of, could of, should of. Smith plays for the 9ers and I'll cheer and support him to do well.

[ Edited by taney71 on Jan 10, 2010 at 17:01:49 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Aaron Rodgers has small hands too apparently!

[ Edited by krizay on Jan 10, 2010 at 17:02:57 ]

Maybe yes

Maybe no

Who Knows

We do know that Rodgers lasted till the 20s. That means a LOT of NFL GMs / HCs did not feel that way. Otherwise, they would not have let him slip that far in the draft. Look at the last draft. Stafford goes #1, Sanchez #7. Leinart slips to #10. A true franchise QB doesn't last till the 20s in a 2 QB draft (Rodgers was #2). Marino was an anomaly --- Elway, Blackledge, Eason, Kelly, etc.
Your boy must have smaller hands than alex though. He just lost the playoff game.
Originally posted by krizay:
Aaron Rodgers has small hands too aparently!

Very small. Ouch.

Now the Cardinals play New Orleans. Can't wait to watch them get blown out.
Alex wouldn't have kicked the ball in the air like that.
All im sayin
Who cares how you feel about what could have been?
Share 49ersWebzone