LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Question about Mark Sanchez vs Alex Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i know it may turn into a smith thread, bashing or not. i have a question, i'm not a football nut like some are or claim to be. is it me or does n-e-1 else think somethings wrong that mark sanchez a ROOKIE qb with a ROOKIE h.c. got the jets to the playoffs but a. smith couldn't. m. sanchez is a rookie in the system(kinda like smith except the system has been in place before), has a rookie h.c.(like smith), has a good d & a running game(like smith). yet smith had 4 years before this year & sanchez found some way to get it done & the jets in the playoffs & to the next round in a road game while this being his ROOKIE season.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
i know it may turn into a smith thread, bashing or not. i have a question, i'm not a football nut like some are or claim to be. is it me or does n-e-1 else think somethings wrong that mark sanchez a ROOKIE qb with a ROOKIE h.c. got the jets to the playoffs but a. smith couldn't. m. sanchez is a rookie in the system(kinda like smith except the system has been in place before), has a rookie h.c.(like smith), has a good d & a running game(like smith). yet smith had 4 years before this year & sanchez found some way to get it done & the jets in the playoffs & to the next round in a road game while this being his ROOKIE season.

Its called the best defense in the league and a great running game and O-line. #1 rushing team in league #1 total defense and #1 scoring Defense only allowing 14.8 points per game.

Sanchez 53.3 percent for 2444 yards with 12 td's and 20 ints 63.0 passer rating

Not really very good stats.

[ Edited by leakyfausett on Jan 10, 2010 at 15:52:47 ]
Sanchez did a good job yesterday but during the season he struggled. His rating was 63% with 20 interceptions to only 12 T.D.s. He benefitted from the Jets having the league's top running game and defense. There are three pro-bowlers on the Jet's offensive line. So, he had a lot of help.

[ Edited by BHulman on Jan 10, 2010 at 15:54:03 ]
dont worry guys Alex showed alot of improve ment ... besides the fact that before coming in this year he hadnt played a snap in over 2 years.. what does he do when he comes back??? he throws 18 td's in 10 games TRUST IN ALEX!!!! 2010!!!
coo i was starting to get worried that a rookie is out performing him
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
dont worry guys Alex showed alot of improve ment ... besides the fact that before coming in this year he hadnt played a snap in over 2 years.. what does he do when he comes back??? he throws 18 td's in 10 games TRUST IN ALEX!!!! 2010!!!

don't know bout trust but i do have a lil faith GO NINERS!!! IN 2010

this is what i have been trying to get these guys to see, when you got it you've got it. Alex Smith can't throw the deep ball, he has small hands, he can't feel the pressure in the pocket, he doesn't have a natural feel for football, he does not see the whole field, and he doesn't make everybody around him better.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:

this is what i have been trying to get these guys to see, when you got it you've got it. Alex Smith can't throw the deep ball, he has small hands, he can't feel the pressure in the pocket, he doesn't have a natural feel for football, he does not see the whole field, and he doesn't make everybody around him better.

Wow. You brought a lot of new stuff to the table. Going to take awhile to assimilate all of that.
You also have to take into consideration that the AFC is a mediocre dump right now, and that if we were in the AFC we'd probably own their (exact) wildcard spot at this very moment.

Put almost any QB on the Jets and they make the playoffs. I think if Alex Smith was on that team the Jets would have won a few more games.

Share 49ersWebzone