There are 205 users in the forums

We must resign Dre Bly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wouldn't call it a "must" I'd prefer to get a younger faster CB, but I wouldn't mind if we keep one of the vets (Harris or Bly), but at least 1 of them has to be let go.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 10, 2010 at 13:27:33 ]
Yes, sign Bly. I liked his performances better than Clements'. Bly makes more plays. He's a playmaker. Clements does not make plays and gets beat just as often or even more than Bly. Probably more.
Originally posted by kronik:
I wouldn't call it a "must" I'd prefer to get a younger faster CB, but I wouldn't mind if we keep one of the vets (Harris or Bly), but at least 1 of them has to be let go.

thats what im sayin
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by kronik:

thats what im sayin

Boy, after the "Dre being Dre" quote everyone wanted to cut him ON THE SPOT

Oh wait, it's Ninertalk
agreed he is still a very good 2nd cb and a great 3rd cb
I don't understand some of you guys. Bly was solid to say the least and was on fire towards the end of the year. Good CB's are hard to find, I cant see why we would sign him to a 1-2 year deal even if we draft a CB high.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Forget about Harden he wont be around at 13.

Crabs wasnt supposed to be around at 10 either...
A 2yr deal is worth the investment, so hopefully we can get it done.
I'd rather keep Clements than Bly. Bly ruined his chance of being resigned when he got stripped while showboating at midfield after an interception.
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:

Agreed.

Nothing too much at his age and he seems to gel well w/ the rest of the D. Bly can be the next Walt Harris while we groom the young guns (present and thru the Draft).

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I agree.

Dude is legit

This
Originally posted by DaysOfGlory:
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:

Agreed.

Nothing too much at his age and he seems to gel well w/ the rest of the D. Bly can be the next Walt Harris while we groom the young guns (present and thru the Draft).

When Clements is healthy, he won't start.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Forget about Harden he wont be around at 13.

Crabs wasnt supposed to be around at 10 either...

good point
Originally posted by danny_Tanner:
I'd rather keep Clements than Bly. Bly ruined his chance of being resigned when he got stripped while showboating at midfield after an interception.

Clements is under contract. He isnt going anywhere. Also, Bly more than made up for that stupid mistake by apologizing face-to-face with the media and for his play on the field after that.
I agree. He was one of the few in the secondary who made plays last year - I don't know HOW many 3rd down knock down passes he had but it sure seemed like a lot. In addition, he go to start at CB and played "OK" but more then anything, I think it confirmed that he is now best suited for the nickle spot where he can make plays and be aggressive and happy. In short, the shock of not being a starting CB and ego should be gone by now esp. after his showboat play. He seems much more content now in his new role and certainly, more humble! Sign him to a 2 year deal.
Share 49ersWebzone