LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

We must resign Dre Bly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He gives us great depth at Cb and helped us out when CLements got hurt.

Harris will be let go so it looks like

Clements Bly Rookie Draft pick

Spencer Brown Hudson
The shutdown nickel ...yeah we need to resign him for a couple more years.
Originally posted by jones49:

and if we somehow got Joe Haden we would be set for the next 7 yrs
  • lions319
  • Info N/A

couple more years? i would sign him to another one year deal at a decent price, nothing more. I think his return will depend on what the team believes the chances are that harris can come back healthy. IMO both will not be on the team
Be a good move to re-sign Bly even if they were to draft Joe Haden. You can never have too many CBs, especially when you have them return punts, right Coach?
Forget about Harden he wont be around at 13.
We'd be stupid not to bring Bly back with the uncertainty at cb. He can cover the slot WR's better than anyone else we have. The lack of speed on this team is unreal.
I agree.

Dude is legit
Dre's the only niners CB i've seen over the last decade that's dove for balls and put his body on the line like a WR. One of my favorite 9ers last season, we gotta keep him.
Bly still has gas in the tank, he played the second corner well when called to do it. As a the third corner he'll do great.

bly has been awesome for us. his only true weakness is against pure speed guys (see the eagles game). aside from that he has arguably been our best cb (although i would still give it to shawnte)
Originally posted by lions319:

couple more years? i would sign him to another one year deal at a decent price, nothing more. I think his return will depend on what the team believes the chances are that harris can come back healthy. IMO both will not be on the team

i heard Bly will be the 49ers top priority to retain, over both Clements and Harris.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Dre's the only niners CB i've seen over the last decade that's dove for balls and put his body on the line like a WR. One of my favorite 9ers last season, we gotta keep him.

He needs to work on catching the ball this offseason, he would have made some game changing plays hadn't not been for him dropping them. Imagine if he would have made them interceptions against the colts and against the vikings, both would have been for a pick six and we would have won them games. We would than be sitting at 10-6 atleast.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

He needs to work on catching the ball this offseason, he would have made some game changing plays hadn't not been for him dropping them. Imagine if he would have made them interceptions against the colts and against the vikings, both would have been for a pick six and we would have won them games. We would than be sitting at 10-6 atleast.

we can't blame him for jumping routes and making plays in the 1st place. He wasn't standing still and had the balls thrown directly to him. I agree though, we could've been 10-6 had he caught those.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by lions319:

i heard Bly will be the 49ers top priority to retain, over both Clements and Harris.

Clements is still under contract.
Share 49ersWebzone