There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Man, what a talent we have on our hands here...

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by jgorich:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
What a waste of his talent level. How many times does he have to slow down his route or come back to make a play ? If we keep Alex at QB, Crabs will bail ship as soon as he gets a chance....

I agree, Crabs and all the receivers always have to adjust to Smith's weak ass throws. He has the potential to be the best in the NFL. He needs a better QB

Was this a bash Smith thread??

Can't say the two don't correlate

Why don't the both of you punks go suck a big one, Alex Smith has had absolutely no stability to learn under. Not to mention butting heads with his head coach and a busted shoulder for two years to boot.

Now if Bradford is still available at 13 I say take him, but Alex looked good and showed a lot of arm strength in the second half of 2009. If we can acquire one a top shelf OL (preferably guard) with #13 & a very good DL at #16 we'll be looking good. Not to mention free agency Def players hitting the market this year (Peppers, A.Thomas,Briggs). I say keep Alex, draft players/positions that contribute during there rookie year and we'll be a top 6-8 team next year.

If we go looking to trade up to draft one of the top two Qb's it'll just set us back another 2-4 years before we get to the playoffs. Also, good free agent Qb's are too expensive and hard to come by (once a decade), and Drew Brees already leads the Saints!

First of all your choice of words for your first post are inappropriate. Second, which is more expensive a quality free agent or other QB or being a perennial loser? I think being a loser cost much more in the long run.

Third...ALex's Smith's shortcomings are his own. He is a man and to be a QB in the NFL it takes more of a man than Smith has shown to be. He isn't even a quality leader. Peace.

No offense nf918, not that I agree with his choice of words, but you two inspire alot of the negativity that comes your way.

We can see with our own eyes the issues involved are not as cut and dry as you two make them out to be.

You KNOW these issues.

Are they ALL the fault of Alex Smith?

If you say yes then you deserve the negativity that you inspire.

If you can admit that it's equally the fault of all involved then alot of people wouldn't be so quick to criticize you.

~Ceadder
Take a look at the film.

I calculated a total of 4 "bad" throws. One throw was while Smith was pressured. One throw was fit into coverage. Less than 8.3% of MC receptions were Smith's fault. How can Smith improve on that? To what, 4%? On two throws Smith had to move out of the pocket. How many straight drops did MC have. 16 drops out of 64 passes is 25%. Not a great arguement that Smith is the problem here.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Take a look at the film.

I calculated a total of 4 "bad" throws. One throw was while Smith was pressured. One throw was fit into coverage. Less than 8.3% of MC receptions were Smith's fault. How can Smith improve on that? To what, 4%? On two throws Smith had to move out of the pocket. How many straight drops did MC have. 16 drops out of 64 passes is 25%. Not a great arguement that Smith is the problem here.

yeah some of those throws are timing, i remember(and saw them again on the clip lol) if alex had just threw put a little more air on the lions deep pass to crabtree boom TD, same with the lions on that deep slant just a little to the right of crabtree and he gets him in stride, its all a timing thing. Next year they will be solid :) cant wait!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by jgorich:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
What a waste of his talent level. How many times does he have to slow down his route or come back to make a play ? If we keep Alex at QB, Crabs will bail ship as soon as he gets a chance....

I agree, Crabs and all the receivers always have to adjust to Smith's weak ass throws. He has the potential to be the best in the NFL. He needs a better QB

Was this a bash Smith thread??

Can't say the two don't correlate

Why don't the both of you punks go suck a big one, Alex Smith has had absolutely no stability to learn under. Not to mention butting heads with his head coach and a busted shoulder for two years to boot.

Now if Bradford is still available at 13 I say take him, but Alex looked good and showed a lot of arm strength in the second half of 2009. If we can acquire one a top shelf OL (preferably guard) with #13 & a very good DL at #16 we'll be looking good. Not to mention free agency Def players hitting the market this year (Peppers, A.Thomas,Briggs). I say keep Alex, draft players/positions that contribute during there rookie year and we'll be a top 6-8 team next year.

If we go looking to trade up to draft one of the top two Qb's it'll just set us back another 2-4 years before we get to the playoffs. Also, good free agent Qb's are too expensive and hard to come by (once a decade), and Drew Brees already leads the Saints!

First of all your choice of words for your first post are inappropriate. Second, which is more expensive a quality free agent or other QB or being a perennial loser? I think being a loser cost much more in the long run.

Third...ALex's Smith's shortcomings are his own. He is a man and to be a QB in the NFL it takes more of a man than Smith has shown to be. He isn't even a quality leader. Peace.

No offense nf918, not that I agree with his choice of words, but you two inspire alot of the negativity that comes your way.

We can see with our own eyes the issues involved are not as cut and dry as you two make them out to be.

You KNOW these issues.

Are they ALL the fault of Alex Smith?

If you say yes then you deserve the negativity that you inspire.

If you can admit that it's equally the fault of all involved then alot of people wouldn't be so quick to criticize you.

~Ceadder

I love how we're complaining about Alex Smith's bad throws when the variables in the equation are a rookie receiver that missed all of training camp and 4 games, and a QB that played only half of this season, and none of the previous one.

Real smart guys. And you wonder why everyone gets mad at you.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Nametaken49:
yeah hes a stud what i love about that clip is how many times he has to stop or turn around and come back to the ball lol damn alex if he didnt have to slow down or stop for every catch he might have had a few more TD's

And if he had gotten his ass into camp on time his timing with the QB's might be better.

It wasn't that he needs a better quaterback throwing the ball to him like Mcnabb!
Contrary to what the perps are saying,Alex actually made some nice throws to Crabtree when he had the protection and although he had some drops this year Crabs is an excellent pass catcher and has nice route running ability.
This guy is a big talent and is only gonna get better.

Crabtree and the rest of the offense will benefit from going into tc day 1 and developing chemistry,continuity and consistency.
This offense should be much improved next season.

Go Niners