There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Man, what a talent we have on our hands here...

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Have you Alex bashers forgotten how many passes he had on the money (a number for sure TD's) that were dropped...by Crabtree, Vernon, Morgan? It takes two to complete passes...the thrower and the receiver. There's room for improvement all around.

This is the best post in this thread. Something realistic and constructive. Makes a lot of sense.

It's the best post in the thread if you're looking to take some of the blame away from Alex Smith and spread it around.

VD drops balls because his hands aren't very good, but a lot of Crabtree's "drops" were due to the ball being placed in a bad spot. Watch the plays again. There weren't a whole lot of drops on easy TD catches like the post suggests. Crabtree dropped a few that he had no business dropping, but the frequency of that occurring is far lower than the frequency of Smith's passes being placed in a poor spot.

That's the way it should be, no? Because anything that goes wrong with the team, it's Smith's fault.

When Smith does ANYTHING right, It's "Smith would be nothing without Davis."

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 10, 2010 at 18:36:03 ]
Very nice
Have you Alex bashers forgotten how many passes he had on the money (a number for sure TD's) that were dropped...by Crabtree, Vernon, Morgan? It takes two to complete passes...the thrower and the receiver. There's room for improvement all around.

This is the best post in this thread. Something realistic and constructive. Makes a lot of sense.

It's the best post in the thread if you're looking to take some of the blame away from Alex Smith and spread it around.

VD drops balls because his hands aren't very good, but a lot of Crabtree's "drops" were due to the ball being placed in a bad spot. Watch the plays again. There weren't a whole lot of drops on easy TD catches like the post suggests. Crabtree dropped a few that he had no business dropping, but the frequency of that occurring is far lower than the frequency of Smith's passes being placed in a poor spot.

That's the way it should be, no? Because anything that goes wrong with the team, it's Smith's fault.

-9fA

I do agree the blame should be spread for the overall problems of the offense, but I'm talking specifically about the inaccuracy of Alex Smith's passes intended for Michael Crabtree. With that as the subject at hand, nobody is to blame except Alex Smith. It is ridiculous to blame Michael Crabtree not participating in training camp (as the guy in this thread tried to do) for the inaccuracy and lack of timing in Alex Smith's passes to him when they have had 3 months of practice together and the inaccuracy still shows in the final weeks of the season. That's what I'm talking about, and there is nobody to share the blame in those regards.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Sorry but 3 Crabtree threads is a lot

the dreaded

if 3 crabtree threads are too much, what about the 30 smith threads?

I don't see 30 Smith Highlight video threads.

you didn't say crabtree highlight threads, dood.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Jan 10, 2010 at 23:02:53 ]
Originally posted by taney71:

I agree, but at the same time, people have obviously forgotten the off-target throws that forced the receivers to adjust to make the catches when, if thrown accurately, they could have easily gone for a TD. It seems Crabtree is always having to adjust to make his catches and there are about 4 plays I can think of off the top of my head that could have been TDs or big-yardage plays had the ball been placed in an ideal spot. A good QB puts the ball where it needs to be.

The point of my whole post was to shoot down the blame on Crabtree for missing training camp when it's the QB's fault to a higher degree, especially when the throws are STILL off-target after 3 months of practicing with the WR.

Watch any Indy game and you'll see Peyton Manning's receivers making some great catches. Manning isn't always hitting his receivers in the hands.

Yeah and today Brady threw multiple picks and on one of them almost got that dude Aiken killed. No QB throws only perfect balls, and sometimes that's the only place to go and the WR has to hold on to the ball and take the hit. No QB is always perfect. The recievers have to grab any ball that's around them, that's their f**king job. They have to make plays too. THat's the difference between a guy like TO and random 2/3 WR in the NFL. TO can take a 10 yard hitch to the house after breaking a tackle, the other guy gets tackled.
it's funny, smith throws innacurate and cause his receiver's in the stat Dept.

It must of been a different QB throwing to VD, i think i'm not sure but i think VD had his best year as a pro and tied the NFL record for TD's.

Some of you guys are so close minded and rather get rid of smith and start Davis who is nowhere near ready just to say i told you so.

Smith will be good next year, same OC, same offensive for the first time in 7 years and actually has playmakers!!!!!!!

Crabtree is the shiznit

-9fA

I do agree the blame should be spread for the overall problems of the offense, but I'm talking specifically about the inaccuracy of Alex Smith's passes intended for Michael Crabtree. With that as the subject at hand, nobody is to blame except Alex Smith. It is ridiculous to blame Michael Crabtree not participating in training camp (as the guy in this thread tried to do) for the inaccuracy and lack of timing in Alex Smith's passes to him when they have had 3 months of practice together and the inaccuracy still shows in the final weeks of the season. That's what I'm talking about, and there is nobody to share the blame in those regards.

crabs had 1 less reception and 1 less TD than jerry rice did in his rookie year and didn't start till mid-way through the season

i'm not stupid enough call him the next jerry rice but that's a nice stat to see

what the hell is all this alex smith bashing about again?

i guess montana should have been benched for not getting rice the ball more in his rookie season...

Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
What a waste of his talent level. How many times does he have to slow down his route or come back to make a play ? If we keep Alex at QB, Crabs will bail ship as soon as he gets a chance....

I agree, Crabs and all the receivers always have to adjust to Smith's weak ass throws. He has the potential to be the best in the NFL. He needs a better QB

Was this a bash Smith thread??

Can't say the two don't correlate

Some of you guys will never rest. This is not even an Alex Smith thread but you have to turn it into another I hate Alex Smith thread. If you want to do that there are plenty of options available so go there. Bottom line is that there is plenty of blame and credit to go around for this offense.

There were some great passes to Crabs that took no effort to catch while others were off target. That is going to happen to the best of them. Crabs is the real deal. The kid can play and I am excited to see him continue to develop over the years regardless of who is throwing the ball.

BTW – look at how many of the so called bad throws to Crabs had Alex running for his life or getting hit. Perhaps the O line has a part to play in this as well. Perhaps the entire O should take the credit and blame for its performance. Granted some were just bad but some were bad for a reason. They will both get on the same page and rock the NFL for years to come.
We will have a talent in Crabtree if he gets to camp, stops running lazy routes, learns to fight for the ball and stop ducking. Otherwise maybe he would be better on Project Runway.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
What a waste of his talent level. How many times does he have to slow down his route or come back to make a play ? If we keep Alex at QB, Crabs will bail ship as soon as he gets a chance....
METROSEXUAL ALERT!

-9fA

I definitely agree with you there. Smith has underthrown Crabtree on more than one occasion. It's hard to pin those innaccurate throws on anybody more so than Alex. It's something that BOTH Alex and Crabtree need to work on this upcoming TC.

-9fA
Alex is going to get someone killed one fo these days.
Originally posted by 4JusticeNow:
Alex is going to get someone killed one fo these days.

Like the brady throw to watson that got him laid out and wound up as an INT? NOT EVERY THROW IS GOING TO BE PERFECT, NOT EVEN FROM THE BEST QBs. Alex isn't there yet, and he might not get there, but he did some good things. When he does something you dislike, it's all on him. When anybody else does it, it's an "excuse" for Smith or he didn't really do it right or whatever. The truth of the matter is every player has some good stuff and some bad stuff, and it's a learning experience for these guys and a chemistry type of thing, and they're still working on that. Jeez.