There are 219 users in the forums

Chris Foerster Being Retained..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Maybe they know somethin about this guy that NOBODY else sees.
Maybe its one of those Singletary visions again. Foerster better fix these Oline problems ASAP for next year because instead of bein physical with an "F" this year they got punked. If he doesnt address this in 2010 we're gonna be sucked with a "F".
Originally posted by Dreskee:
Maybe they know somethin about this guy that NOBODY else sees.
Maybe its one of those Singletary visions again. Foerster better fix these Oline problems ASAP for next year because instead of bein physical with an "F" this year they got punked. If he doesnt address this in 2010 we're gonna be sucked with a "F".

A head coach is often only as good as the assistants that he surrounds himself with. Sing needs great assistants. Sing has not done a good job in this department.... his inability to judge coaching talent is worrisome.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Continuity
  • Pedro61
  • Info N/A
Gollita camper......

What top shelf talent are you refering to? Bass? Snyder? Rachal? Simms?

Stayley was hurt all year, so the Only decent OL we've had who coul dbe described as near top shelf, is Heitman.....god help us if he'd gone down.
I think Foerster lacks the one thing that ALL personnel coaches need to have.

The ability to identify when a player is playing out of their natural position.

He lucked into Sims at LT due to injury.

Sims being injured forced Staley back to LT as well.

Coordinators hardly do this anymore. They have to rely on their assistants to give them the best personnel packages. Foerster sucks.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Pedro61:
Gollita camper......

What top shelf talent are you refering to? Bass? Snyder? Rachal? Simms?

Stayley was hurt all year, so the Only decent OL we've had who coul dbe described as near top shelf, is Heitman.....god help us if he'd gone down.

Look at the size, weight, speed, and were in the draft our O-line corps was taken. These guys are physically not as bad as there records, They are simply poorly coached.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Seahawks will grab Alex Gibbs as OL coach. So Bates OC and Gibbs OL. Solari is a former McKittrick student currently available.

This is why you can't "declare" anyone without at least waiting to see if there's someone else available who could come in and help upgrade your staff.

GREAT point and another ROOKIE mistake by Singletary?

Seahawks will grab Alex Gibbs as OL coach. So Bates OC and Gibbs OL. Solari is a former McKittrick student currently available.

This is why you can't "declare" anyone without at least waiting to see if there's someone else available who could come in and help upgrade your staff.

Agreed . . . this non-move really has me worried about 2010.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Mike Solari might be available...

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Odd that Singletary seems stuck on Foerster and his deplorable record over the years as an NFL OL coach, when he (Singletary) constantly professes to be searching for every opportunity to improve the ball club.

All of the following suggestions, noted at various points in this and other threads, would seem to deserve a look from Singletary, as a possible upgrade for OL Coach:

Mike Solari - Bobb McKittrick disciple, a no-brainer candidate to interview.
Tom Cable - should be available any day now. Excellent OL coach, who would be even better after big picture experience as HC.
The recently deposed Buffalo Bills OL Coach (developed Jason Peters - All Pro OT).
The recently deposed Chicago Bears OL Coach.
The Stanford Univ OL Coach, who was correctly described as "having freshman play like NFL veterans".

Maybe Singletary should spend less time on the motivational banquet circuit, and more time on his day job, Niners HC.

Can Singletary please get both Bobby April and Mike Solari signed by Friday?!!!!!

[ Edited by jimbagg on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:38:59 ]

Originally posted by jimbagg:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Odd that Singletary seems stuck on Foerster and his deplorable record over the years as an NFL OL coach, when he (Singletary) constantly professes to be searching for every opportunity to improve the ball club.

All of the following suggestions, noted at various points in this and other threads, would seem to deserve a look from Singletary, as a possible upgrade for OL Coach:

Mike Solari - Bobb McKittrick disciple, a no-brainer candidate to interview.
Tom Cable - should be available any day now. Excellent OL coach, who would be even better after big picture experience as HC.
The recently deposed Buffalo Bills OL Coach (developed Jason Peters - All Pro OT).
The recently deposed Chicago Bears OL Coach.
The Stanford Univ OL Coach, who was correctly described as "having freshman play like NFL veterans".

Maybe Singletary should spend less time on the motivational banquet circuit, and more time on his day job, Niners HC.

Can Singletary please get both Bobby April and Mike Solari signed by Friday?!!!!!

Are you serious?

Still no trust in Singletary as HC, huh you guys?

Are we going to a "Zone Blocking" scheme? It seems that what he specializes in? Yes, he is a great OL coach, but the assumption that Singletary doesn't evaluate his coaches and would simply "blow off" opportunities to improve his squad is simply ludicrous.

Again, most underestimate what Singletary brings. He's very thorough and doesn't make rash decisions. He didn't renew Everest's contract and is going after April. There is a reason for that as there is a reason why he hasn't jumped on Solari.

Now, we blast him to where we think he's simply doesn't get it because he let Gibbs slip by his fingers and is not even moving toward interviewing Solari?

But he's ok going after April?

I don't doubt Singletary's sincerity. I do question the Niners persistent practice of making a coaching change without an upgrade already being lined-up. I am concerned about a sense of urgency and being decisive in the highly competitive NFL. Good coaching talent gets snapped-up quickly. The dregs like Foerster are always available.

Singletary had to know, before the end of the season, that he was going to let Everest go. Why wasn't an upgraded replacement already negotiated and lined-up? That would seem to be best practices management. For example, don't you believe that Pete Carroll had Alex Gibbs' commitment in his hip pocket, BEFORE Carroll the Seattle HC job?

I admit to being frustrated that Singletary seems to be satisfied with Foerster's performance. Foerster's track record is not impressive. At most every stop for Foerster, the OL improved dranmatically, as soon as he left that team. I was willing to give Foerster a shot because Warhop was a dismal failure at developing young OL talent. Singletary also saw Warhop's limitations and immediately fired him upon becoming HC. I am passionate about winning now, and I just think that there are many choices where the club can do better at the OL coaching position.

Heck, Jimmy Raye with all his OC experience, must be able to convey that thought to Singletary, plus give Singletary some OL coaching recommendations. Why that isn't happening is puzzling.

Maybe Singletary has found warts with all these available OL coaches. Maybe he is waiting for someone to become available (Cable?). But maybe he is also not even looking to upgrade in this area.

But when the Niner QB is getting 3-4 passes per game getting knocked down by the DL, why isn't the Niner OL being coached like the Philly OL. where the OL cuts guys down on these short QB dropsMcNabb's passes are very rarely blocked. . That's a coaching deficiency, not a player talent issue. Niner OL coaching is lacking. I've got to believe that short yardage and pass protection coaching is equally deficient.

Is Singletary cutting Foerster slack because he (Singletary) diminished Baas' abilities with his nutcracker drill and because he (Singletary) granted Snyder his request to be placed at one position? I know that I'm reaching, but retaining Foerster just makes no sense to me.
Did you know???????

Quote:
49ers drive: The 49ers continue with their 1-receiver run formation and are getting nothing. The offensive line is getting pushed back, and they can't protect. Worst game of the year by the offensive line, according KNBR, Singletary yelled at Chris Foerster the offensive line coach and pointed at Tony Wragge and backup tackle Patrick apparently wanting them in the game if things don't improve.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/category?blogid=45&cat=1444#ixzz0cXcakuXU

I knew I didn't imagine this! I recall this exchange. I've also seen Singletary blow up at Rachal and other OL guys after they would fail to get 1 yard on 3rd and 1/2 foot.

So I'm wondering why? Was it because Singletary didn't feel other options were available?

Thoughts?

Hopefully that's the reason and as better options become available we make it happen
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Did you know???????

Quote:
49ers drive: The 49ers continue with their 1-receiver run formation and are getting nothing. The offensive line is getting pushed back, and they can't protect. Worst game of the year by the offensive line, according KNBR, Singletary yelled at Chris Foerster the offensive line coach and pointed at Tony Wragge and backup tackle Patrick apparently wanting them in the game if things don't improve.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/category?blogid=45&cat=1444#ixzz0cXcakuXU

I knew I didn't imagine this! I recall this exchange. I've also seen Singletary blow up at Rachal and other OL guys after they would fail to get 1 yard on 3rd and 1/2 foot.

So I'm wondering why? Was it because Singletary didn't feel other options were available?

Thoughts?

Hopefully that's the reason and as better options become available we make it happen

I hope Singletary makes the right calls & gets this taken care of.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Did you know???????

Quote:

Thoughts?

I hope Singletary makes the right calls & gets this taken care of.

Exactly. I mean he has no reason not to fire Foerster as long as someone better is out there. He put out a crappy OLine out there, so he should go. We've spent some high draft picks on our line and so he has some talent to work with but I have no confidence he'll know what to do if we get a guy like Iupati or Bulaga. He doesn't develop OL at all. He can only coach guys who already can play. If Solari or someone is out there, as he has more options, I'm still hopeful he makes a move.
Share 49ersWebzone