There are 212 users in the forums

Chris Foerster Being Retained..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
This just in... "Niners will be retaining the whole offensive line in hopes of instilling continuity"

Are we going to see another messed up draft where our needs aren't addressed, because Sing somehow thinks that the light with some of these players will suddenly just click on? It wouldn't shock me...

I hope to f**k not, no team deserves Adam Snyder at the RT spot.

Adam Snyder is going where he belongs....TO THE BENCH!
Originally posted by btwagner:
IF NOT Foerrster than who??????????everyones complaining but noone is offering ideas on replacements........

"If not then who" I hear that all the time, it is a weak argument, are you saying that since I lack an encyclopedic knowledge of all football coaches, pro and collegiate, Gregg Forrester should keep his job?

If you are going to defend the job Forrester has done please site some fact, observation, or statistic.

If you were on a sinking ship and everyone was jumping over and swimming for it would you go down with the ship saying "If not this ship then what ship"?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
IF NOT Foerrster than who??????????everyones complaining but noone is offering ideas on replacements........

"If not then who" I hear that all the time, it is a weak argument, are you saying that since I lack an encyclopedic knowledge of all football coaches, pro and collegiate, Gregg Forrester should keep his job?

If you are going to defend the job Forrester has done please site some fact, observation, or statistic.

If you were on a sinking ship and everyone was jumping over and swimming for it would you go down with the ship saying "If not this ship then what ship"?

Mike Solari would be a good choice. He's worked with Raye in the past and developed pro-bowl players along the O-line.

He's currently the O-Line coach in Seattle, but I'd think Carrol is going to bring his own staff.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Mike Solari would be a good choice. He's worked with Raye in the past and developed pro-bowl players along the O-line.

He's currently the O-Line coach in Seattle, but I'd think Carrol is going to bring his own staff.

No way Carroll gets rid of Solari, one of the best O-Line coaches in the NFL. Carroll may want a lot of his own guys, but he is not stupid enough to get rid of a good, proven NFL O-line coach.

I wonder if Ken Norton will join Carroll's staff as LB's coach.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Well the thing is we keep saying we need continuity on offense and that is why we should keep Raye well if we keep Raye and fire the O-Line coach you are going to have a lot of the same problems, new blocking scheme, its going to take the O-Line time to learn that scheme and jell so if your going to keep Raye you might as well keep Forester, IMO. Im not saying it is a great thing or it will work out but if Singletary wants to have continuity, I can understand why he is going to keep Forester around.

Now lets go out and get a quality vetran OG or C and hopefully draft Bryan Bulaga

I was really looking for a new o-line coach, but I believe in Singletary & really hope this move works for the 49ers.
In regards to the starting offensive line, this is what I would do...

LT: Joe Staley, Barry Sims
LG: David Baas, Adam Snyder
C: Eric Heimann, Cody Wallace
RG: Chilo Rachal, DRAFT PICK (John Jerry)
RT: DRAFT PICK (Anthony Davis) , Tony Pashos

As you can see I've moved moved Snyder to a backup OG, kept Sims as the backup LT, and have Pashos as the backup RT. As for starting RT, I would prefer someone like Iowa's Bryan Bulaga, but I'm not sure if he has declared for the draft? So I chose Anthony Davis from Rutgers. I also chose to draft an OG, John Jerry from Ole Miss. I figure that he and Chilo Rachal can can fight it out for starting RG. Also, don't rule out the 49ers signing a veteran OG to compete at both spots!

NOTE: I think Tony Wragge will be the odd man out.

[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 10, 2010 at 23:03:11 ]
No doubt the Oline play was very poor at times, but IMO the biggest problem was the unimaginative and predictable play calling. I dont care if you're talking about Dallas' line of the 1990's, you can't "impose your will" on any professional NFL team if they know where the ball is going. It's like we only had 3 run plays. Game planning against the Niners O must of been a DC's dream.

As a serious question though, is it really possible that the 49erswebzone members are all so well informed and the Niners coaching staff who has more years in the NFL (not to mention coaching period) than some of us have been alive are completly clueless? Seriously? It's hard for me to fathom that. Why can't they see what we see? Or why cant we see what they see?

Coach Sing has more to lose than any of us if the Niners fail (Assuming none of you are hardcore gamblers and owe debts to the mob). He himself has stated he will do whatever it takes to win. I assume that would mean firing coaches that don't know how to coach. He has eat and breathed football probably since he was 10 and now he is a head coach. I can't imagine he wouldn't study every aspect of every position on his team. You dont think that the first time the Oline turned in it's first stink bomb performance he wasn't in the film room pooring over tape with staff and players? He does not strike me as a sloathful man.

I know coach isn't perfect, but I also don't think he is a complete idiot. And if most of what people on this board are saying is true, he would have to be an idiot. That's why I have to believe that there is something that we are all missing. As much as some of you like to record the game and rewatch it I can tell you two things. First, it's not the coach's film and the angles you are watching are diffrent than what the staff watches. Second, in general you have no idea what each individuals assignment is. I'm not saying you can't get general impressions, but it's like your listening to half a conversation. So as frustrated as I am about Foerster and Raye being retained, I'm just going to trust Sing's judgement is a little better than mine.

Of course the flip side is maybe both Raye and Foerster get canned in Febuary.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 11, 2010 at 00:04:26 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

No way Carroll gets rid of Solari, one of the best O-Line coaches in the NFL. Carroll may want a lot of his own guys, but he is not stupid enough to get rid of a good, proven NFL O-line coach.

Read some of the articles about it. He wants to bring Pat Ruel, current OL coach of the Trojans, into the coaching staff in Seattle to replace Solari.

Link

Quote:
Carroll's next challenge will be to assemble his pro staff. Offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates is expected to join him in Seattle, as is linebackers coach/assistant head coach-defense Ken Norton, Jr. Reports also indicate that USC offensive line coach Pat Ruel will most likely join Carroll's new staff.

Read some of the articles about it. He wants to bring Pat Ruel, current OL coach of the Trojans, into the coaching staff in Seattle to replace Solari.

Link

Quote:
Carroll's next challenge will be to assemble his pro staff. Offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates is expected to join him in Seattle, as is linebackers coach/assistant head coach-defense Ken Norton, Jr. Reports also indicate that USC offensive line coach Pat Ruel will most likely join Carroll's new staff.

Even if Solari becomes available we're not gonna get him CAUSE WE HIT EM IN DA MOUF! I DON'T CARE BOUT THE O-LINE, WE GONNA HIT 'EM IN DAM MOUF WITH AN F!

2011 8-8 - WE'LL HIT 'EM IN DA MOUF NEXT YEAR, FOERESTER IS DA BEST!
2012 7-9 - WE DIDN'T HIT EM IN DA MOUF BUT I LUV OUR STAFF!
2013 -FIRED- WELL AT LEAST I TOLD EM TO HIT EM IN DA MOUF!
  • Pedro61
  • Info N/A
Tulini, good call, but Rachal.......surely he's worse than Snyder!

Also Wragge when he has played is better than both.

Ever wish we'd signed smiley and kosier to new deals? Both anchoring great run gams at G.

Originally posted by susweel:
Its not his fault he has crappy linemen to work with.

The blame goes on McClueless for drafting stiffs like Baas, Snyder, and Rachal.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Imma wait & see on this one. But my niner sense is telling me...he is the reason why the O-line can't buy our QB 3 f--ing seconds.
The OL was improving last season and did better once we went to the "Ray-Gun"

What does this mean? Terrible scheme. I think Raye has a terrible scheme in his I-Form or base packages. How can an OL pass block better under Martz and whenever we are in higher passing situations with more receivers and less blockers but cannot do it under base formations under Raye?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
The OL was improving last season and did better once we went to the "Ray-Gun"

What does this mean? Terrible scheme. I think Raye has a terrible scheme in his I-Form or base packages. How can an OL pass block better under Martz and whenever we are in higher passing situations with more receivers and less blockers but cannot do it under base formations under Raye?

I think it's not all on Foerster. But he is a factor for sure. It's a combo of Foerster, lack of talent at OL and Raye's predictable offense. Seemed like the Rams in week 17 were able to blitz the right guy at the right time and the right side of the line to attack.

Hopefully in year 2 of the Raye offense he can mix it up and actually be somewhat creative knowing the offense has a good grasp of the offense. Hopefully we can add much more talent to the O-Line. That should help a lot. Assuming we can do those things
My bad I thought the title was "Chris Forester being retarded"!

Opps, I thought perhaps we had found a reason why given a lot of top shelf talent we can't seem to run block the most simple of plays!

I hope it was just a "Vote of confidence"
Share 49ersWebzone