LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Chris Foerster Being Retained..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • flow
  • Veteran
I don't understand this move at all, but whatever. No playoffs and we all start over.

-9fA
Well lets see what Forester can do with some better O-Lineman, at least a good RT. Im not a big Forester fan but I don't think he is a bum either, Tony Dungy swears by the guy, he was Dungy's O-Line coach for 6 years in Tampa where they ran the ball really well and Dungy took him to Indy with him. Brian Billick thought so highly of him he named him O-Line coach and assistant head coach in Baltimore. I think we could do worse (George Warhop) and I don't think Singletary would be able to hire anyone better so I think it is for the best that we do keep Forester, keep some continuity and if it doesen't work next year we can blow things up.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Well lets see what Forester can do with some better O-Lineman, at least a good RT. Im not a big Forester fan but I don't think he is a bum either, Tony Dungy swears by the guy, he was Dungy's O-Line coach for 6 years in Tampa where they ran the ball really well and Dungy took him to Indy with him. Brian Billick thought so highly of him he named him O-Line coach and assistant head coach in Baltimore. I think we could do worse (George Warhop) and I don't think Singletary would be able to hire anyone better so I think it is for the best that we do keep Forester, keep some continuity and if it doesen't work next year we can blow things up.

One thing in particular that I fault Foerster for is that he couldn't teach the linemen how to properly push the defensive lineman in order to stop them from batting down Smith's passes. I feel that this one example is a microcosm of everything that has been wrong with Foerster. No adjustments at all.

-9fA
Great...bc we were so consistant since hesbeen here.
I have to say that this seems to be the one topic on which the Webzone universally agrees upon.

-9fA
  • aiiyiiyiii
  • Info N/A
Instead of depending on having a good veteran line in place, it seems to me a good O line coach should bring out the best in the players he's got, while finding a way to compensate for weaknesses. A good O line coach CREATES his O line, doesn't just take over one that's already in place.

The Niners seem to operate in reverse, losing players (Kosier, Smiley, even Dahl) who were considered expendable here, but end up contributing to the success of other teams.

On top of that, you have Singletary promising we will "impose our will" on opponents, and "hit them in the mouth" on offense, without even fielding a competitive O line. Um, it doesn't work.

But after the season, he keeps the current coaches in place. What am I missing?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Continuity

Continuity is that big lie that the 49ers are trying to sell to everyone...This isn't the 80's...teams change every year, teams go from nothing to the playoffs in just one off season and coaching change. I right now am not going to hole my breath for the playoffs next year.

To think the jets are in the 2nd round of the playoffs with a rookie QB and a Rookie HC...
Why Mr Anderson....Why..Why do you persist. The friggin one thing I was hoping for this off season. How can this coach b***h about the OL play this season and then do nothing. playoffs.........you have got tbfkm
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Continuity

Continuity is that big lie that the 49ers are trying to sell to everyone...This isn't the 80's...teams change every year, teams go from nothing to the playoffs in just one off season and coaching change. I right now am not going to hole my breath for the playoffs next year.

To think the jets are in the 2nd round of the playoffs with a rookie QB and a Rookie HC...

jets have a much better team than the niners had when they changed coaches. And I wouldnt say continuity doesnt mean anything. All the top teams have the same systems in place for years and have good players. Thats why when they do change coaches, they have enough established players and leadership that the new coaches don't have to change much.

This team has been bare for a long time and they are finally within striking distance. They didn't become good overnight but really, who expected that anyway?

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
One retarded decision after another. When will it end? Go away, Singletary.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
One retarded decision after another. When will it end? Go away, Singletary.

want dennis erickson again?

I'm not arguing the silly decisions, there have been a bunch of those. But he is also a rookie coach in his first season.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Jan 9, 2010 at 20:26:52 ]
Originally posted by luis1985:
Losing faith in Sing. He should have been fired. Horrible OL coach and his history shows that he has always been terrible. Alex is gonna be running for his life again next year.

Yep 8-8 at best again...
Originally posted by Afrikan:

like rehiring mac duff. why let him go if he was so good at his job to start with. personally i like mac duff, and i also like al and think highly of both men.
Share 49ersWebzone