There are 193 users in the forums

Chris Foerster Being Retained..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Esco:
Wouldn't the GM have the final say and not the head coach?

I believe Sing has control over his coaching staff.
Just wait until the post-season is over, and some hungry position coaches will be looking to move up in the food chains on other teams.

-I doubt we'd go fishing for extensive-offensive personnel right now, but encase it doesn't fall through we can't come out and fire Chris encase we can't obtain anybody else (it's just unprofessional/tactless).
f**k this bulls**t
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by teeohh:
singletary will be gone next year when this team misses the playoffs again, what a dumb ass
I consider myself an optimist....but this is definitely a head scratcher. I definitely do NOT like this move, but I support my team.

Hopefully Forester will far much better once we bring in some additional lineman.
I really hope it's one of those "keep him while we look around to see if anyone better is available"

Wouldn't be the first time a coach was "retained" only to be fired a week or so later.

If we actually don't bring in another coach I'm going to be very pissed off. The guy has talented players and their technique is awful.
I can only trust that Sing poored over the film and determined Foerester isn't the problem..

or

He didn't think they could get someone better..

Either way I have decided to roll with it because clearly I have no idea about the background details nor do I have 1/8th of the football knowledge.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 9, 2010 at 14:28:15 ]
Here's to missing the playoffs again.
Originally posted by luis1985:
singletary will be gone next year when this team misses the playoffs again, what a dumb ass

• flow
  • Veteran
Gruden 2011
"Continuity of Incompetence and Mediocrity" is the 49ers motto for 2010.
2010 "The most talented team to finish 8-8"

Coaching Staff + Players = Head Coach!

Dumping Everest + keeping Forrester= Failure

A head coach is only as good as his staff and his player personnel, Singletary retains clowns like Forrester and Sulivan at his own expense, he should ask Nolan about it!
[email protected] Is the Email for fan requests, you know what to do!
Share 49ersWebzone