LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Chris Foerster Being Retained..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Also another problem is who would Singletary get to replace Forester? He has no NFL coaching connections and would probably end up hiring some old Bears O-Lineman he played with who has no coaching experince to coach the O-Line.
why? why? i just dont understand? i mean the only reason i can see that there keeping him is because maybe if the line is intact for a complete year it will be better? i mean thats the only reason i see....
Yeah blame the OL coach for having sorry ass linemen lol
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Well the thing is we keep saying we need continuity on offense and that is why we should keep Raye well if we keep Raye and fire the O-Line coach you are going to have a lot of the same problems, new blocking scheme, its going to take the O-Line time to learn that scheme and jell so if your going to keep Raye you might as well keep Forester, IMO. Im not saying it is a great thing or it will work out but if Singletary wants to have continuity, I can understand why he is going to keep Forester around.

Now lets go out and get a quality vetran OG or C and hopefully draft Bryan Bulaga

I don't agree w/ it, but I see your reasoning. In that case, if we miss the playoffs yet again, I guess Singletary, Raye and Foerster will all get fired...package deal.

Edit: I'm calling it now. Manusky for HC, Johnson promoted to OC and Tomsula promoted to DC!

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jan 9, 2010 at 13:20:56 ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

I blame the coach for the players having piss poor technique and footwork.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Well the thing is we keep saying we need continuity on offense and that is why we should keep Raye well if we keep Raye and fire the O-Line coach you are going to have a lot of the same problems, new blocking scheme, its going to take the O-Line time to learn that scheme and jell so if your going to keep Raye you might as well keep Forester, IMO. Im not saying it is a great thing or it will work out but if Singletary wants to have continuity, I can understand why he is going to keep Forester around.

Now lets go out and get a quality vetran OG or C and hopefully draft Bryan Bulaga

I don't agree w/ it, but I see your reasoning. In that case, if we miss the playoffs yet again, I guess Singletary, Raye and Foerster will all get fired...package deal.

Edit: I'm calling it now. Manusky for HC, Johnson promoted to OC and Tomsula promoted to DC!

I don't know about Manusky as HC, but in the long-run... Johnson will be the OC, which I like. I keep hearing good things about the guy.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

McCloughan, Singletary, Raye, Alex Smith, Forester, they are all going to sink or swim together, IMO
is there anyone out there available better than forrester? if not you retain him...if so make a change
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

I blame the coach for the players having piss poor technique and footwork.

Yea we need a couple new linemen....but I think the O-line Has a couple of good runs when they pull the gaurd. We definitly need some improvement on our pass protection if we hope to win any games.
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by teeohh:
singletary will be gone next year when this team misses the playoffs again, what a dumb ass

Originally posted by DesiDez:
Continuity

Continuity, it's fantastic! ($arcasm) When you look at decisions like this, it's no wonder that the Niners struggle year after year. Good players and good coaches make good teams. The Oline is the last place where you can afford to be weak.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jan 9, 2010 at 14:33:06 ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Wouldn't the GM have the final say and not the head coach?

Agreed. I don't think the problem's as big as everyone makes it out to be. Staley learned quick, Smiley learned quick, Heitmann learned quick, etc..

Our problem was switching our o-lineman around which f**ks over their adjusting to the NFL. Don't expect to develop all 3rd rounders into studs. Maybe Baas and Snyder just suck ass like Kwame did. Chilo has hope
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
FFUUUCCCKKKKKK
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Agreed. I don't think the problem's as big as everyone makes it out to be. Staley learned quick, Smiley learned quick, Heitmann learned quick, etc..

Our problem was switching our o-lineman around which f**ks over their adjusting to the NFL. Don't expect to develop all 3rd rounders into studs. Maybe Baas and Snyder just suck ass like Kwame did. Chilo has hope

Where is NinerGM when you need him...
Share 49ersWebzone