LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree 2009 Rookie Season Video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Sick!!! Good work on the video...not just crabs but the whole offense should work their @sses off this off season and take the leap to becomin a SB contender.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I like the point about him playing out of control. I remember when i played receiver I would try to run every route as fast as i could, but that resulted in poor routes and drops. I was thinking to much and trying to hard. Once the game slows down for him and he gets under control look out. I could see us with a pro bowl TE, WR, and RB next year.

Now if the QB can get his accuracy under control. Crabs should of had 700 yds and 5tds

to be fair, we don't know if crabtree ran the route exactly as smith expected resulting in him being either ahead or behind where he should be.

Maybe on a couple of those but unless the route was stop 40 yds down field when your wide open smith needs to work on his accuracy
Thank you Marivn49!!!

By the way who was the Quarterback getting him all those balls?

I guess thats Alex can tantilize you with beautiful throws but can also bad ones.
Hopefully next year he can be more consistent.

You know watching this. I wonder why didn't they go back more often to some of those plays.
although Crabs isn't a burner Alex Smith always seems to under throw him on deep routs

GREAT VIDEO!

Video still might be processing, so give it a minute

EDITED: I took marvins version, changed it up a bit, made it a little more my style. let me know what you think. Quality not as good yet, but check it out.

Thanx.

I do have a vernon one pretty much complete, jus waiting for probowl to get a little more. so be ready for that one.

[ Edited by NinerDreamer11 on Jan 11, 2010 at 13:23:15 ]
Continue the good work Marvin49.
aver que pedo
CRABTREE VIDEO DUEL !

I actually like this one better. Nice job bro !

(no offense to Marvin's, his was awesome too)
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
CRABTREE VIDEO DUEL !

I like it, but your song ran out 90 secs to early.

Watching this video, Crabtree is going to be awesome. He is so smooth in and out of his breaks. The way he uses his shoulders to hide where he is going to go. Hopefully he works hard this offseason and continues to grow.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Hey all…

As previously promised, Michael Crabtrees 2009 season. The Vid is still being processed by Youtube, so the HD option doesn't look to be currently available.

Michael Crabtree 2009 Rookie Season Vid

For timing sake I removed 2 screen passes for loss and a short screen and fumble. I have also included one play called back on a penalty vs. Houston and the catch that was ruled NOT a catch vs. the Bears.

After spending A LOT of time looking over this video as I made it, my opinion of Crabtree is kinda incomplete.

First, the negative: It seems that he plays out of control quite a bit. I think this could very well just be a product of missing minicamp and training camp. It’s like he doesn’t really have his legs yet and he isn’t running the routes as smoothly or as crisply as he should. The game is happening fast around him and he is trying to play faster, but the result is that he ‘s trying to play faster than he knows how. He also, as advertised, is NOT a burner. He is going to make plays in his career using other methods than running by people to get open.

Now the positive: The guy isn’t very tall, but he has some of the longest arms I’ve ever seen. Lol. Even when he isn’t really open, his reach allows him to extend and go get the ball. Also, even tho he isn’t currently playing under control, I can see that he is going to be VERY good after the catch when he gets a full off-season and Training camp behind him.

Bottom Line, I think he’s gonna be REALLY good, but he isn’t nearly as good right now as he will be.

Some of you won’t be a fan of the music. To those people I have two words…Too Bad. ;-) No music I use will please 100% of the people. It cracks me up…on my Nate Davis Vid I get a bunch of messages. Half of them LOVE the music and ask me where it came from. The other half hate the music and try to find clever ways to insult me. Bottom Line, Mute it, Enjoy it….I don’t care…it is what it is. ;-)

I don't agree with your opinion on the smoothness of his routes. I think he is very smooth. I love the shoulder movement. Disguises where he is going in his breaks.

Great video and glad you put good music in it rather than the Hip Hop, rap crap. Thanks.... Crabby looks pretty good for a guy that didn't go through training camp. Already looks better than guys like B. Edwards... Smith looks pretty good in the video too. A few underthrown ball but for the most part the majority are very good passes. I can see why Sing wants to see Alex for the entire season with Crabs and the other O-Talent we have. Get the line fixed up and we may be a special offense.
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
CRABTREE VIDEO DUEL !

I like it, but your song ran out 90 secs to early.

Watching this video, Crabtree is going to be awesome. He is so smooth in and out of his breaks. The way he uses his shoulders to hide where he is going to go. Hopefully he works hard this offseason and continues to grow.

Damn man, i don't know what happened there, i gotta reupload, but thanx for the feedback.
I had to go back and watch Marvin's video of Crabtree a third time. It is clear that Crabtree, despite his NFL inexperience, brings a dimension that our other WRs might not have. Star receivers have a way of helping a QB look good. He gets open, has exceptional hands (most of the time), and an uncommon ability to shake loose for extra yards. Including Vernon's best plays in the video would have really given us something to be inspired about. Vernon is an animal, but needs to reduce his mental and hand failures.

The video represents what is possible when Alex, Crabs, VD and others play to their capability. The fact that they can do it often means they should be able to do it more consistently. That is what they must work toward during their off-season drills.
your other video is the music track from requiem for a dream. Great movie and song. Also love both your video's but are you going to make a highlight video for VD???

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 8, 2010 at 22:32:07 ]
Man think what his stats would be if Smith could hit Crabs in stride
Share 49ersWebzone