There are 206 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree 2009 Rookie Season Video

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Some of you won’t be a fan of the music. To those people I have two words…Too Bad. ;-) No music I use will please 100% of the people. It cracks me up…on my Nate Davis Vid I get a bunch of messages. Half of them LOVE the music and ask me where it came from. The other half hate the music and try to find clever ways to insult me. Bottom Line, Mute it, Enjoy it….I don’t care…it is what it is. ;-)

Fine with me! Of course, I like metallica anyway
OK...looks like its finished processing. The High Quality version is now available. ;-)
  • g0t0
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

some of those piss me off. If the ball is placed a little differently on a few of those, crabs has at least 3 more TD"s.

i was thinking the same thing
Good video, I enjoyed it very much. It seemed like as Crabs was getting used to the speed of play he was getting more and more seperation, longer routes, and more yards. I thought he did well. I am really really happy that he has good hands. I think as he and Smith get used to each other the "artistry" portion will develop and they will work together better. I think he was a very good draft pick. I also saw a lot of double teaming on him. That is great for it opens the doors for our other players. So doubling VD, and Crabtree leaves a lot of mistmatches for Morgan and Walker and Gore. I see it coming, a quality offense.

When are we going to see a video of V. Davis?

[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Jan 8, 2010 at 14:59:37 ]
Crabtree makes me giddy.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Good video, I enjoyed it very much. It seemed like as Crabs was getting used to the speed of play he was getting more and more seperation, longer routes, and more yards. I thought he did well. I am really really happy that he has good hands. I think as he and Smith get used to each other the "artistry" portion will develop and they will work together better. I think he was a very good draft pick. I also saw a lot of double teaming on him. That is great for it opens the doors for our other players. So doubling VD, and Crabtree leaves a lot of mistmatches for Morgan and Walker and Gore. I see it coming, a quality offense.

When are we going to see a video of V. Davis?

LOL....it'll be awhile. ;-)

I plan on one for Davis, one for Gore, and one for Willis...but it took me a long time to put this one together....I may pull the clips for all three players at once...so Its gonna take some time.
there are 2 under thrown deep passes to crabs that would have gone for scores.

alex needs to built chemistry with crabs and company.
Originally posted by g0t0:

some of those piss me off. If the ball is placed a little differently on a few of those, crabs has at least 3 more TD"s.

i was thinking the same thing

just to name a couple of the not so obvious ones. At 3:12 crabs had an easy TD had smith not under thrown the ball. At 4:08, if he throws the ball more towards the sideline, he's gone. There was no one out there.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Jan 8, 2010 at 15:21:40 ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Hey all…

As previously promised, Michael Crabtrees 2009 season. The Vid is still being processed by Youtube, so the HD option doesn't look to be currently available.

Michael Crabtree 2009 Rookie Season Vid

For timing sake I removed 2 screen passes for loss and a short screen and fumble. I have also included one play called back on a penalty vs. Houston and the catch that was ruled NOT a catch vs. the Bears.

After spending A LOT of time looking over this video as I made it, my opinion of Crabtree is kinda incomplete.

First, the negative: It seems that he plays out of control quite a bit. I think this could very well just be a product of missing minicamp and training camp. It’s like he doesn’t really have his legs yet and he isn’t running the routes as smoothly or as crisply as he should. The game is happening fast around him and he is trying to play faster, but the result is that he ‘s trying to play faster than he knows how. He also, as advertised, is NOT a burner. He is going to make plays in his career using other methods than running by people to get open.

Now the positive: The guy isn’t very tall, but he has some of the longest arms I’ve ever seen. Lol. Even when he isn’t really open, his reach allows him to extend and go get the ball. Also, even tho he isn’t currently playing under control, I can see that he is going to be VERY good after the catch when he gets a full off-season and Training camp behind him.

Bottom Line, I think he’s gonna be REALLY good, but he isn’t nearly as good right now as he will be.

Some of you won’t be a fan of the music. To those people I have two words…Too Bad. ;-) No music I use will please 100% of the people. It cracks me up…on my Nate Davis Vid I get a bunch of messages. Half of them LOVE the music and ask me where it came from. The other half hate the music and try to find clever ways to insult me. Bottom Line, Mute it, Enjoy it….I don’t care…it is what it is. ;-)

Great job with the vid. Thanks!
thanks for the awesome video.....you did a kick ass job. He is great as a yac wr and will get open a lot, i would rather have a wr that can get open a lot then one who is a burner and can't get open Darrius Heyward.

His one arm catch vs the bears while being PI'd was great and he is great at yac. I think he is just like boldin in size speed yac and ability to get open

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Cheers for the vid.

-9fA

Originally posted by elguapo:
thanks for the awesome video.....you did a kick ass job. He is great as a yac wr and will get open a lot, i would rather have a wr that can get open a lot then one who is a burner and can't get open Darrius Heyward.

His one arm catch vs the bears while being PI'd was great and he is great at yac. I think he is just like boldin in size speed yac and ability to get open

Boldin: 6'1" 217 LBS

Crabs: 6'1" 214 LBS

Damn! I could of sworn Boldin was much bigger. Probably all that buffness.
so glad we drafted this guy...and as expected that whole holdout thing is all but forgotten...cant wait to see what a full offseason of building chemistry will do for this guy's production.

also just wanted to embed the vid in here, i dont like leaving the site to watch vids :)

[ Edited by Sinsation on Jan 8, 2010 at 15:41:51 ]
i think one of the things that impresses me the most is his awareness and feet. look at ALL his catches.. he ALWAYS gets his feet down.. hes ALWAYS balancing on the sidelines.. he just seems to always have a REAL good feel for where he is. and that is something that nearly all rookies lack. thats usually a vet type of thing. to be that aware of 1st down markers and sidelines, always getting your feet down, ect.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Boldin: 6'1" 217 LBS

Crabs: 6'1" 214 LBS

Damn! I could of sworn Boldin was much bigger. Probably all that buffness.

and Crabs arm length> Boldin's length

and Boldin isn't a burner either

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 8, 2010 at 15:45:03 ]
Share 49ersWebzone