LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Has Seattle become atougher divisonal foe?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has Carroll lost his mind? That USC gig--aside from being is SoCal--is pretty hard to beat.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Coaches don't play, players play.

If you don't have the horses you only get so far.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Why cant we fire our head coach after 1 year?

You wanna end up below .500 again?

I would take Carroll in a heart beat over Sing. In a f**king heart beat

good for you.
Originally posted by susweel:

apparently to some if we had some legend HC our players would somehow be elite and we'd be in the SB
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
With Pete Carroll ? Hell no, he won't make it in the NFL. He's an idiot because he's going to fail miserably with the Hawks and he won't be able to become a Trojans head coach again. He should stay where he's at right now.

Pete Carroll is no Steve Spurrier or Bobby (Night flight) Petrino. The guy can coach.

However, what would entice a guy to leave the 2nd largest market in the US, where he doesn't have to put in 18 hour/6 day weeks. He's the king of Southern California in the fall, and has many assistant coaches to do the "hours". I think the coach of USC is probably one of the best coaching positions in the US. The weathers great, plenty of time for enjoying life, and alot of recognition and good things as long as you win.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Has Carroll lost his mind? That USC gig--aside from being is SoCal--is pretty hard to beat.

4.4 a year plus bennies and all the SC....NVM
  • Mex49

good for you.

I didnt mean to hurt your feelings, i just think that if York had the opportunity to find a real proven HC of Carroll's caliber, Sing's one year wouldn't be worth keeping him.

That's all
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
pete carroll sucks in the NFL as a head coach, if anything this makes them worse

True, all he is, is a great recruiter and good at keeping his kids out of trouble while they are in school. A master at hiding improper payments to players and keeping their grades up by whatever means necessary. He wins with superior athletes, not by his mastery of x's and o's.
We are a dynasty team right now, not only owning the NFC west, NFC has been ours to lose. Seattle ain't worthy to be mentioned.

Well I'm sure your reputation among NFL executives is impeccable.

good for you.

I didnt mean to hurt your feelings, i just think that if York had the opportunity to find a real proven HC of Carroll's caliber, Sing's one year wouldn't be worth keeping him.

That's all

Yea you cut me deep. Lmao
  • Mex49

apparently to some if we had some legend HC our players would somehow be elite and we'd be in the SB

Our coaching staff cost us games this year
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
It's been ten years since the last time he was in the league so we'll have to wait and see if Carroll's has better results this time around. I think he'll be better this time around.

Me too I think he takes the job b/c he wants to try to succeed where he's failed. nothing wrong with that. no need to stay at USC go for you goals fail or succeed. Can't be scared fo failure in life.

I think he might be bored at SC and want to take up another challenge, like you said succeed where he's failed.
Ah, just head speculation that Carroll may be tring to get out from underneath pending sanctions for recruiting violations. I hope that isn't the case, I thought Carroll was classier than that.

Our coaching staff cost us games this year

Yea that was it.

Take away Sing and VD would not of had the year he had, he'd still be the VD from the past.

We'd probably still have JTO as our starting QB

We'd end up 7-9 again or worst.
Share 49ersWebzone