LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

John Clayton gives 2009 Niners season a B

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers: GRADE: B

Mike Singletary made an impact in several areas, developing a hard-hitting defense that wouldn't back down and getting great seasons from Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin and others. Alex Smith salvaged his young career by completing 60.5 percent of his passes and worked well out of the shotgun, which gives him a future.

He obviously feel we did a lot better than the majority around here. I think it's a good assessment of our season. What say you?

Link to story
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers: GRADE: B

Mike Singletary made an impact in several areas, developing a hard-hitting defense that wouldn't back down and getting great seasons from Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Aubrayo Franklin and others. Alex Smith salvaged his young career by completing 60.5 percent of his passes and worked well out of the shotgun, which gives him a future.

He obviously feel we did a lot better than the majority around here. I think it's a good assessment of our season. What say you?

Link to story

Doing better is all about perspective. 8-8 season wasn't the goal we thought this team would achieve.

That only depends on what his prediction prior to the season was. I'm sure we were more positive than he was prior to the season. If we met above expectations for him, then he obviously had us with a crappy record and we probably got 1 or 2 more wins than he expected us to.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
wouldn't 8-8 be a C grade...............
Originally posted by susweel:

50% is a F.
I agree with this, I thought we'd win between 7-9 games. I would have liked it better if the o line had played better, the front 7 was a pleasant surprise. We finally have a QB that can get the ball to the wideouts, Frank Gore sets team and NFL records, and VD becomes a pro bowler (wonder what Krizay thinks of that?).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

50% is a F.

Its graded on the curve.

Would it be a C grade if the Lions went 8-8 this year from going 0-16 last year? The grade is for how we did compared to the last several years. In the last 7 years, we had losing seasons. This year we didn't, with a rookie head coach, a new system and a QB change, as well as many injuries and a horrible offensive line. I'd say a B or a C+ is a good call.
So out of 16 teams...

25% got A's
25% got B's
6% got C's
25% got D's
19% got F's

Where did this guy learn to give grades?
C- / D.
C

Originally posted by blunt_probe:

50% is a F.

No it's not in the new world of academia. Possibly several of those defeats were like having two right answers. Another was the wrong answer but the team would have hurt their feelings, hence the loss wasn't counted to improve their overall self esteem.

Therefore, the final grade was a B.

F+.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I agree with this, I thought we'd win between 7-9 games. I would have liked it better if the o line had played better, the front 7 was a pleasant surprise. We finally have a QB that can get the ball to the wideouts, Frank Gore sets team and NFL records, and VD becomes a pro bowler (wonder what Krizay thinks of that?).

This. Was an average season, looking for bigger things next season.
Nobody said "I" for Incomplete. That was the grade that got you grounded all summer, as a kid.
Offense= D
Defense= A
Special Teams = C

Overall C
Share 49ersWebzone