LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

The 49ers pass rush is real folks but we still need more pieces

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ya I've been saying this for a while, we need our own dominate pass rusher who can consistently create double teams. That's really our only hole on defense.
How can you bring up the Vikings as an example? When we needed pressure the most, on the very last play of the game, we didn't get the sack.
The Niners get most, if not all, of their pass rush through Manusky's scheme. The defense lacks a pure pass rusher. They need a guy that opposing teams HAVE to double team more often that not. You put a guy like that next to Justin Smith and you have a nice combo that QBs will fear.
The team has a nice group of solid role players, but nobody that I'd call a pass rushing beast. At least not yet anyway.
Haralson, Brooks, and RayMac are all capable of getting after the QB.
Haralson didn't perform as well as most fans were expecting last season. I've read that he played most of the year with a hip injury of some sort. That could explain why he looked so freaking slow last season. Alot of fans were expecting big things from ths guy after the 08 season, but he didn't perform.
Brooks was a nice surprise late in the season and I'm hoping he can continue to grow as a pass rusher and all around OLB. It seems that he has is act together and the Niners are hoping he can develop into a starting OLB.
RayMac is another guy that can get after the QB. He's only on the field when the defense has 4 down linemen, but the guy can be a force.....when he's healthy. RayMac seems to have injury issues every year and I wonder how good he could be if he can stay healthy.........or sober.

Until the Niners find that pass rushing beast this D is missing, they will continue to rely on scheme to produce sacks/QB pressures.
Share 49ersWebzone