LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

How Do You Feel About the 2009 Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How Do You Feel About the 2009 Season?

Massive Dissapointment to me. I felt we should have stuck with Hill and should have never released Rossum. I think those 2 moves screwed us out of the playoffs. This team is good enough to make the playoffs with the improvements that were made on defense. I am gonna be sick watching the Cardinals in the playoffs knowing we beat them twice and are better than them.
SSDY, unfortunately, and the root cause of the problem is the OL. Even Tom Brady would look useless having to run for his life out of the pocket behind that line, just like Alex. Even Chris Johnson would get stuffed time and time again behind that line, just like Frank. Jimmy Raye just calls the plays...he can't throw the blocks needed to execute them.

And don't get me wrong, I like Heitmann and Staley...good guys. Even Baas, Rachal and Snyder seem like nice people and decent players. Sure, we could use a stud RT in the draft, maybe another guard, but I reckon the real problem is with the coaching.

Time for a complete upgrade on the OL coaching staff.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I was encouraged by SLIGHT improvement in Alex Smith. Crabtree looking like he could be a legitimate #1 receiver we haven't had since T.O. left. Vernon starting to live up to his potential, and a defense that creates turnovers on a regular basis.
With all that, it still translated into letting the 1-15 Rams hang around till the 4th quarter, and an 8-8 record. I think all these improvements should have translated into more wins. I think we need a better head coach, and offensive coordinator so we aren't out coached on Sundays.
Originally posted by 9er2631:
Massive Dissapointment to me. I felt we should have stuck with Hill and should have never released Rossum. I think those 2 moves screwed us out of the playoffs. This team is good enough to make the playoffs with the improvements that were made on defense. I am gonna be sick watching the Cardinals in the playoffs knowing we beat them twice and are better than them.

I disagree. Every game hill was in, we would go 3 and out every drive except maybe 3 or 4 magical drives per game.

And I agree and disagree about rossum, we should have let spurlock, bruce, and Roman go instead of Rossum. Rossum didnt do much on his returns, but what he did goo was catch it, and not fumble.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
encouraged

This...
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Another disappointing season, and this team is still mired in mediocrity, but there is no question in my mind that we are better than we were a year ago.

Goldson, Davis, Franklin, and Crabtree emerged as quality players and should all be with us for years to come. Morgan and A. Smith showed progress... albeit maddeningly slow progress. Willis, J. Smith, and Gore continue to play at the highest level.

The 8-8 result was decidedly mediocre but I feel the team is headed in a positive direction.
Share 49ersWebzone