Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Vick.

-9fA

Marcus

-9fA
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd rather build a nice supporting cast this year for Smith, if Smith sucks and we suck next year then draft a QB high. That rookie will at least have a chance to come in and be successful and gain confidence. Pretty much the opposite of what we did for Smith.
I look at it this way. We do whatever we can to beef up the OL in the offseason and Alex gets his last chance in '10. If he fails, then draft Jake Locker in the following draft. Sound good?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
While not impressed with Smith I believe the draft picks should be used to shore up the O-line, find a quick db, and a return man. Fix those first, and see what happens, than evaluate the QB spot after 2010.
Please let me know the moment we sign Vick so that I can cancel my season tickets immediately.
I would sign Jason Campbell as a backup QB for a very reasonable price. Jason's situation is very similar to Alex’s; they both have had a number of offensive coordinators. If and only if Alex screw up or get hurt then and only then Jason will get a shot to be the starting QB. I don't think Jason will be any worse than Shaun Hill.
Who are the FA quarterbacks to choose from? I bet there are no good ones on the list. Teams keep good QBs unless they already have two or there is an injury or old age.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Mike Vike
Jason Campbell
Jimmy Clausen if he's available when we pick.

Should all be considered.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I look at it this way. We do whatever we can to beef up the OL in the offseason and Alex gets his last chance in '10. If he fails, then draft Jake Locker in the following draft. Sound good?

i like. but locker will go top 5. and though i predict a 7-9/6-10 season for 2010, that will put us too far back in the draft to even get locker.
Garcia or vick and just let nate davis sit for a couple more years

Originally posted by susweel:
Mike Vike
Jason Campbell

Campbell? Why? Smith is clearly better than that guy. It would be a downgrade at QB if we picked him up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by susweel:
Mike Vike
Jason Campbell

Campbell? Why? Smith is clearly better than that guy. It would be a downgrade at QB if we picked him up.

Campbell has more skills. Like better accuracy on the deep passes.
Here's my two options: I don't like anybody in free agency. Good QBs don't hit the free agent market. Drew Brees was an exception which actually proves the rule. So no to Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, etc...

1) Trade for a QB, specifically Donovan McNabb. Word out of Philly that this next Dallas game might be his last because Kolb is apparently ready to take over and wants a starting job. Philly has always been disappointed with Donovan and he might need a change of scenary. 33 isn't old in QB years these days either. If Farve can play till he's 40 and Warner till his late 30s, then McNabb can give us at least 3 good years until we develop his replacement (Nate Davis or another draft pick)

Also if Marshall Faulk and Randy Moss and can be traded for 2nd rd pick and a 2nd day pick, I would do it for McNabb.

2) Trade up in the draft. If that means packaging our two 1st rd picks, then do it. I obviously have one QB in mind: Jimmy Claussen who reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

My preference would be option 1 mainly because McNabb can help us win next season and I like Nate Davis.

And for more dream scenarios (to go along with the McNabb deal), I would trade our second 1st rd pick to Denver for Brandon Marshall, fire Jimmy Raye, hire Jim Zorn to install the WCO (seamless transition for McNabb and Marshall), and draft the best OT with #13.

Discuss
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Here's my two options: I don't like anybody in free agency. Good QBs don't hit the free agent market. Drew Brees was an exception which actually proves the rule. So no to Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, etc...

1) Trade for a QB, specifically Donovan McNabb. Word out of Philly that this next Dallas game might be his last because Kolb is apparently ready to take over and wants a starting job. Philly has always been disappointed with Donovan and he might need a change of scenary. 33 isn't old in QB years these days either. If Farve can play till he's 40 and Warner till his late 30s, then McNabb can give us at least 3 good years until we develop his replacement (Nate Davis or another draft pick)

Also if Marshall Faulk and Randy Moss and can be traded for 2nd rd pick and a 2nd day pick, I would do it for McNabb.

2) Trade up in the draft. If that means packaging our two 1st rd picks, then do it. I obviously have one QB in mind: Jimmy Claussen who reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

My preference would be option 1 mainly because McNabb can help us win next season and I like Nate Davis.

And for more dream scenarios (to go along with the McNabb deal), I would trade our second 1st rd pick to Denver for Brandon Marshall, fire Jimmy Raye, hire Jim Zorn to install the WCO (seamless transition for McNabb and Marshall), and draft the best OT with #13.

Discuss

sessy options! but highly unlikely. remember who is running things at 4949 centennial road.
i had a thread about this a while ago. Mine ended up getting locked

Link
Share 49ersWebzone