LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

So if not Smith then who?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nate Davis Baby!!!! That's who......LOL....
The only guy who might be out there is McNabb, but to be honest after seeing how he plays without protection it was very Smithesque lol. He's getting up there in age and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be coming to a new system with a worse offensive line and less quick passes than he's ever had in his career. The guy has played in a WCO his whole career, he's never played in a coryell offense. At this point after seeing the flashes Smith showed this season, I think I'd prefer rolling with him at QB rather than spending one of our 1sts on McNabb, and that's what it WILL take. This draft is so talented we have a chance to pull another Willis/Staley type of draft.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The only guy who might be out there is McNabb, but to be honest after seeing how he plays without protection it was very Smithesque lol. He's getting up there in age and I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be coming to a new system with a worse offensive line and less quick passes than he's ever had in his career. The guy has played in a WCO his whole career, he's never played in a coryell offense. At this point after seeing the flashes Smith showed this season, I think I'd prefer rolling with him at QB rather than spending one of our 1sts on McNabb, and that's what it WILL take. This draft is so talented we have a chance to pull another Willis/Staley type of draft.

Agreed with McNabb. Basically the guy played his way out of any team wanting to trade for him. Plus he's old and I wouldn't give a 3rd round pick for him now (said I'd give a 2nd round pick for him yesterday).

Staley is an ok OT but not the great player we all thought we got during that draft. I still hope we can grade an offensive tackle in the first round and perhaps a kick returner. I would also like the team to draft a guard to replace Baas. If we can do those three things and fill in some other pieces I believe the Smith and the team will be much improved next season.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Trade the 16th for Mcnabb if he's available.

Did you watch Mcnabb. I wouldn't trade 7th for Him. Why bother getting and old almost done overrated Qb. Outside of Jay Cutler McNabb is the second most overrated Qb. He chokes when the pressure is on.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
MCNABB MCNABB MCNABB
Originally posted by crzy:
MCNABB MCNABB MCNABB

We need a QB of the future not the past, let Alex hold down the fort for another season or two while we develop a high round draft pick, McNabb MIGHT help for a season but he is old and he is done!
yak, yak, yak if you build a line the qb will work. Look at Aikman his 1st 2 years. He was a tackling dummy until the line got good.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Si, Si Senior
Share 49ersWebzone