LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

A problem for which we currently have no answer...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I think it's pretty safe to say that one thing we will go into next season with is options at KR/PR. McCloughan will make sure of it.

We better have a couple options after this offseason!
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit after reading that
Originally posted by AKfanster:
What really pissed me off about this whole punt return thing was...........

WE HAD SPURLOCK and NEVER USED HIM AT PUNT RETURNER.
Instead, the powers that be thought he could run the wildcat!?!? What the hell were the coaches thinking???

For the life of me, I couldn't understand why Spurlock wasn't used at either PR or KR...especially considering that was his focus in TB. That really had me scratching my head, especially when Battle NEVER SAW THE FIELD as a WR.
Originally posted by momoney925:
Originally posted by 9erred:
What irked me is today they discussed delanie walker had an ankle injury all season. If the coach's knew this why in gods name was he returning kicks?

Everytime I saw Michael Robinson or Delanie Walker returning kicks I wanted to puke, you can add Battle in their also.

Reggie Smith returned kicks in college.

Jason Hill 4.39 speed, not being used as a WR, why not return man.

Brandon Jones, see above.

Kory Sheets, Opps, tongue in cheek.

fixed.

and i always wanted reggie to return them..i saw some college highlights of him and he was lighting it up
[/b]

Maybe it's because he couldn't stay out of the training room. You can hate Battle all you want, and he probably won't be back in SF, but who else did we have that was healthy?
The big thing was getting rid of the ST coach.

Instead, the powers that be thought he could run the wildcat!?!? What the hell were the coaches thinking???

I felt the same way, Spurlock could've been used in that role. The answer is...the coaches weren't thinking, that's the problem. It will be addressed in the draft, not FA...we'll see.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

I felt the same way, Spurlock could've been used in that role. The answer is...the coaches weren't thinking, that's the problem. It will be addressed in the draft, not FA...we'll see.

How much of that thinking was related to Everest?
As if the poor returns were not bad enough, it was the ST penalties that rankled me. How many times were we flagged for holding or blocking in the back, sometimes negating a decent return and backing us up against our own endzone. In most cases, these guys have played football for 15 or more years, and they should have been told somewhere along the line that holding and blocking in the back were against the rules. So why do they go ahead and do it anyway? Are they rockheads?

There must not be sufficient accountabilty for transgressors. If I were coach, it would be 50 lashes for every offense! That should clean it up. So who do we blame? The players? The ST coach? The head coach?
Originally posted by BigRon:

In the Wildcat? None. In giving HC/OC a strong recommendation for Spurlock to take over PR duties? Probably some responsibility...but who knows, maybe he didn't have much say in the matter vs. Singletary and Raye.
Not really a legit site, but I concur. We also have no answer at the right tackle position.

An over-expectant, under educated, overly vocal, spoiled rotten fan base?
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
An over-expectant, under educated, overly vocal, spoiled rotten fan base?

Ok besides the obvious...
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I hate how people think PR/KR can just be found like that.

We need to draft one and a good one if that means using a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a great returner than so be it

THANK YOU!!! i'm sick of ppl dismissing that as a major need everytime i bring it up by saying, "those can be found in the later rounds."
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I hate how people think PR/KR can just be found like that.

We need to draft one and a good one if that means using a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a great returner than so be it

THANK YOU!!! i'm sick of ppl dismissing that as a major need everytime i bring it up by saying, "those can be found in the later rounds."

Exactly. We need both a speedy WR and depth at CB anyways. Who cares what round it's in.
Originally posted by BigRon:

In the Wildcat? None. In giving HC/OC a strong recommendation for Spurlock to take over PR duties? Probably some responsibility...but who knows, maybe he didn't have much say in the matter vs. Singletary and Raye.

Sorry, should have deleted the wildcat portion. I was talking about special teams and punt returns. What was it that Everest must of seen that denied Spurlock a chance to compete for PR/KR. Or did Spurlock say NO to the idea.
Share 49ersWebzone