LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Let's Play predict next years record...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thepepins:
Originally posted by VA49er:
2010 Opponents
Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia
Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, San Diego, Green Bay

I'll say sweep the division. Beat TB, Beat Denver (oh how I hope we beat nolan), Beat Oakland, Beat KC. That's 10 Wins. Hooray!!!

Also Carolina and Atlanta are swing games. Maybe we win.

Arizona at home, and Away, 2 WINS
St. Louis at home and Away, 2 WINS
Seattle at Home 1 Win, Loss at Seattle

Wins versus Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland and Kansas City
Losses versus Atlanta, Carolina, San Diego, Green Bay, New Orleans

Final Record 9-7
--- Man I hope I am wrong and we are a lot better than that!
I think that Carolina, Green Bay and Atlanta are winable, but we need to show a lot of improvement at the start of games.

at first glance, your name looks like "THEPENIS".
10-6
10-6 if no major roster upgrades at the RT , OG and OLB

if we get two good FA and Draft two starters back ups !

12-4 !

love to dream but as long as Alex our QB and not consistant we are 8-8 !
10-6! Playoffs baby!
16-0.
are we going to shoot ourselves in the foot on a weekly basis? i'll decide after the draft and FA signings
Originally posted by Digger25:
Originally posted by thepepins:
2010 Opponents
Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia
Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, San Diego, Green Bay

I'll say sweep the division. Beat TB, Beat Denver (oh how I hope we beat nolan), Beat Oakland, Beat KC. That's 10 Wins. Hooray!!!

Arizona at home, and Away, 2 WINS
St. Louis at home and Away, 2 WINS
Seattle at Home 1 Win, Loss at Seattle

Wins versus Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland and Kansas City
Losses versus Atlanta, Carolina, San Diego, Green Bay, New Orleans

Final Record 9-7
--- Man I hope I am wrong and we are a lot better than that!
I think that Carolina, Green Bay and Atlanta are winable, but we need to show a lot of improvement at the start of games.

at first glance, your name looks like "THEPENIS".

lol
[quote=MadMartz
That is very misleading. Our schedule was actually pretty tough. When you play the Rams twice and Det once it skews the numbers significantly. They only had 3 wins combined. Our schedule was tougher than the numbers indicate! we played a boat load of playoff calibur teams this year!
It is not my opinion...The NFL slotted us 13th pick in the draft because our schedule was the weakest of the 8-8 teams. Yes we played the Rams twice and Detriot...that shoud have meant we finished better that 8-8 but we didn't because we were weak against the rest of the conference. We are built to win in the west but we have to win in the other divisions to make the playoffs.
[ Edited by BrodieWins on Jan 5, 2010 at 4:54 PM ]
[quote=VA49er
Wait. So we need to get wide receivers and running backs to compete? You can't be serious.

Let me clarify...we need more at RB that Gore/Coffee/Robinson. None have the speed necessary to get to and turn the edge. All of the Walsh teams had that.
Defenses load up on us because we can't run wide on them. If we add a fast HB that can also do the Punt Returns that would be a big win. FA or draft don't care...just a need.

Also we need more speed at WR. Do you remember the Ravens comment that they were surprised we didn't play Ashlie Lelie the year before? That kind of speed at WR stretches the field vertically. Combined with Vernon Davis that woud force safeties out of the box to handle the speed. Brandon Jones may be the answer here but this is a definite need to open the field up.

Both of these needs fall behind the OL and pass defense/pass rush.

I remember after the 1981 Championship game Tom Landry was asked how the 49ers could beat the Cowboys. He said the 49ers team speed was more that his team could keep up with and it lasted all 4 quarters.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
As I look at it, the only "guaranteed" losses are NO and SD, but even that depends on what time of year we play them.

After this year, I feel like this 49er team can play with ANYBODY.

I think that the 11-5 prediction is a good one. 10-6 to 11-5.

Originally posted by MadMartz:
Not till the draft and FA signings are complete!

+1
9-7

5-1 in division
4-6 outside it
2010 Opponents

Definitely too early, but I am intrigued by this

I was reviewing the schedule a few days ago, and kept counting 7 games that as everything stands now, we should win next year (2x Seattle and St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Oakland, KC). I see 5 tossups (2x Arizona, Atlanta, Carolina and Denver, although I feel the Denver game is one we should win). And if Kurt Warner retires, I feel like we could move at least the home game against Arizona into the win column.

Essentially, I see 9 wins (7 + Ari @ home, Denver) before we even try the heavyweights on the schedule. I say we sneak up on the Eagles or Packers, and get to 10. If Carolina or Atlanta struggle again, maybe 11.

Final guess, 9-7 at the minimum. 10-6 more likely.
I know they don't mean much, but if we base it on the final 2009 regular season power rankings, we would be:

Home:
Arizona- L
St. Louis- W
Seattle- W
New Orleans- L
Tampa Bay- W
Denver- W
Oakland- W
Philadelphia- L

Away:
Arizona- L
St. Louis- W