LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Let's Play predict next years record...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i too foresee an 11-5 type run...
I see 8 wins: 4 against the division, 3 against the AFC West, and 1 against the NFC South. If luck goes our way, I say 9-7 based on what I've seen from this year's niners.
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
too early....my pre-season assessment posted in the zone for this year was 8-8. But i think the team over-achieved. It is going to take some substantial development and growth to get to 8-8 next year and pick up a game to finish 9-7 because we will play a tougher schedule...we had the weakest schedule of the 8-8 teams this year to get the 13th pick.

If we get speed vertifically (WR) and horizontally (RB) and solve the OL, pass defense, and pass rush...then 9-7 becomes possible. Scott didn't do much to help Sing this year...almost nothing....almost hung him out to dry.....so lets see the ownership step it up

That is very misleading. Our schedule was actually pretty tough. When you play the Rams twice and Det once it skews the numbers significantly. They only had 3 wins combined. Our schedule was tougher than the numbers indicate! we played a boat load of playoff calibur teams this year!
Since we don' know what players they might get to improve them, I'll go with trends...

7-9 last year
8-8 this year
9-7 next year
regression on all fronts next year. 7-9 maybe even 6-10. I know we don't know who we are drafting or signing, but with SM drafting, I ain't too optimistic.

sing loses the team and the players. especially if they lose a few in a row. can't say without the final schedule.

Arizona sweeps us (if Warner returns). split with Seattle. sweep rams. that's 3 wins in the division.

I call wins against Oakland and KC. Nolan's defense gets revenge for him. Carolina should be a win as well as TB. rest are losses and maybe even bad ones-which may lead to mutiny in the locker room.

I hope I am wrong-I really do-but this team will get impatient and fed up with sing's bulls**t inspirational speeches. as they should.

remember, we don't even know what kind of identity we will have as an offense. teams that win consistently and make the playoffs are teams that have an identity and plan for improvement. we just draft BPA.

so, mark me down for 7-9 or 6-10. I really hope I am wrong and will expect people to razz me, and I hope to eat my crow. but I just have a feeling...
I remember being lambasted when I predicted 6-10 or 7-9 this year. My picks didn't include a melt down by Mr Warner at the Stick, so feel pretty confident about that.

I refuse to pick next year yet, until we see who we resign, if we pick up anyone in free agency, how we draft, and whether Mr. Warner decides to ride off into the sunset.

I will say this, if Warner retires and Leinart is the starter, I predict two wins for us.

I also think that Seattle is a train wreck of overaged, formerly productive stars. Let's see what Mora Jr et al does there. I think that the Rams will improve, but Spagnola has a rebuilding process similiar to what the 49ers are just now coming out of.

Also, no one can predict what will happen in the NFC South. If history serves, the top two teams fade and the bottom two teams come out on top.

As for the AFC West, this is San Diego's year, but next year should be interesting.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ok I will drink some kool aid and say 9-7.
10-6
The Niners need to do a better job on the road in 2010. A 2-6 road record will NOT get the club to the playoffs.

In viewing last year's schedule, it seemed pretty easy to forecast that the club could win 7-9 games, which proved to be very accurate. So I'm comfortable forecasting based on the 2010 schedule, even before FA and the draft. Some of th 2010 games may prove to be more difficult or even easier, based on scheduling details, bye weeks, short weeks, travel schedules, etc, before the inevitable injury factor also comes into play.

I'm going with 10-6, as my best guess, with a margin of error of + or - 1 game (9-7 to 11-5).

I see the club again going 6-2 at home with losses to New Orleand and Philly (in London). I see the club going 4-4 on the road with losses at Atlanta, Arizona, Green Bay, and San Diego.

The swing games will be at Carolina and at KC, both tough places to win, but counted as wins in my forecast.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by BrodieWins:
too early....my pre-season assessment posted in the zone for this year was 8-8. But i think the team over-achieved. It is going to take some substantial development and growth to get to 8-8 next year and pick up a game to finish 9-7 because we will play a tougher schedule...we had the weakest schedule of the 8-8 teams this year to get the 13th pick.

If we get speed vertifically (WR) and horizontally (RB) and solve the OL, pass defense, and pass rush...then 9-7 becomes possible. Scott didn't do much to help Sing this year...almost nothing....almost hung him out to dry.....so lets see the ownership step it up

Wait. So we need to get wide receivers and running backs to compete? You can't be serious.

1-15
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
1-15

so we don't sweep the rams? LOL! fantastic!
Originally posted by Digger25:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
1-15

so we don't sweep the rams? LOL! fantastic!

rams are gonna draft Suh. He will then play DL for them, and QB. As QB, he'll just run the ball every play and we will not be able to tackle him. We beat the raiders and are crowned Bay Area champs.
Well, if we are par for the course, we won't address any of our real needs such as safety help, team defensive speed, PR, CB, RT, guard, pass rush, developmental prototypical NT, speed at the ILB position (not Willis), soft coverage in the middle of the field, dominant starting OLB, WR, oline & OC coaching changes, etc. If we stay par for the course, we'll get an oft-injured FA RT, a couple mid-level FA's, draft another RB & QB & late-round CB and safety and some tweeners who don't fit anywhere save for ST's.

So, we will win all our home games and lose all our away games give or take +2. So, we will either be 7-9 or 9-7 and won't make the playoffs. That's as of right now!

If the aforementioned are addressed and there are no key injuries (which there always is), we have a shot at 10-6. But I will wait to see what happens in the off-season first before making my official pick.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:30 AM ]
  • thepepins
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by VA49er:
2010 Opponents
Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia
Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, San Diego, Green Bay

I'll say sweep the division. Beat TB, Beat Denver (oh how I hope we beat nolan), Beat Oakland, Beat KC. That's 10 Wins. Hooray!!!

Also Carolina and Atlanta are swing games. Maybe we win.

Arizona at home, and Away, 2 WINS
St. Louis at home and Away, 2 WINS
Seattle at Home 1 Win, Loss at Seattle

Wins versus Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland and Kansas City
Losses versus Atlanta, Carolina, San Diego, Green Bay, New Orleans

Final Record 9-7
--- Man I hope I am wrong and we are a lot better than that!
I think that Carolina, Green Bay and Atlanta are winable, but we need to show a lot of improvement at the start of games.
Share 49ersWebzone