There are 346 users in the forums

Matt Barrows posted on Twitter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dave1003:
Exactly, trying to twist what Sing stated. CHANGE AGAIN!?! That's crazy talk. Raye is safe. Smith is safe. If Jed York said Smith will in all likelihood be the starter in 2010 unless a HOF qb becomes available, I am assuming this is true.

Jed also promised playoffs this year so he might have a change of heart
Originally posted by BigRon:
It sounded to me like Raye was the ONLY coach he was sticking too. While everyone will be evaluated this week, Raye was the only one mentioned going forward.

Manusky, Tomsula, Rathman and Hoener are the only coaches that should be totally safe, IMO.
WTF does Barrows know? Not a damn thing more than me or you when it comes to this!
I wouldn't mind getting the soon to be Axed Brown HC Mangini as our new OC
Originally posted by MadMartz:
WTF does Barrows know? Not a damn thing more than me or you when it comes to this!

WTF did Barrows do? He didn't make a predicition. He just reported that Singletary didn't commit to either one.
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
mattbarrows

Singletary not as staunchly behind Jimmy Raye and Alex Smith as expected. He left the door open for changes at both OC and QB ... 2 minutes ago from web

I HOPE HE IS RIGHT AND THERE IS CHANGE

well it is blanteley obvious the offense is what is holding this team back, so if a good OC or QB became available i don't see why not only if its gettin something more proven like a norv and another brees type.
Originally posted by sixbricks:

He's a defensive guy...
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I hope not.

Judging from Smith's comments, it appears that he assumes that he is to be the starter and that Raye is going to be the OC.

I would be on board with playcalling duties given to Johnson though.

-9fA

cosigned
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Alex will be the starter in 2010 and Raye will likely be here. It comes down to we don't have better current options.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex will be the starter in 2010 and Raye will likely be here. It comes down to we don't have better current options.

And the fact that Smith is an improved player etc.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by MadMartz:

WTF did Barrows do? He didn't make a predicition. He just reported that Singletary didn't commit to either one.

How can two reporters (Maiocco and Barrows) assuming that both were at the conference, report contradicting messages.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

And the fact that Smith is an improved player etc.

Yes.
Originally posted by luv49rs:

a thousand apologies...i thought he was the ex Patriots OC guru
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by luv49rs:

a thousand apologies...i thought he was the ex Patriots OC guru