There are 155 users in the forums

Matt Barrows posted on Twitter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
mattbarrows

Singletary not as staunchly behind Jimmy Raye and Alex Smith as expected. He left the door open for changes at both OC and QB ... 2 minutes ago from web

I HOPE HE IS RIGHT AND THERE IS CHANGE
I hope not.

Judging from Smith's comments, it appears that he assumes that he is to be the starter and that Raye is going to be the OC.

I would be on board with playcalling duties given to Johnson though.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:08 PM ]
Did he really leave the door open for a new OC? I was watching but didn't really catch that. I felt it was more like he had to talk with Raye and figure out what they were going to do offensively.

I think Sing needs to leave the offense to the coordinator. Just get the best guy you can find that will use all our guys effectively.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Did he really leave the door open for a new OC? I was watching but didn't really catch that. I felt it was more like he had to talk with Raye and figure out what they were going to do offensively.

I think Sing needs to leave the offense to the coordinator. Just get the best guy you can find that will use all our guys effectively.

Some folks like to spin the truth to make it say what they want it to. Some just lack basic comprehension skills in general.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Some folks like to spin the truth to make it say what they want it to. Some just lack basic comprehension skills in general.

yeah im not knockin the guy that posted, but i didnt get that feelin either?

I think niner talk leans towards the latter.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
YES !!!

THERE IS A GOD !!!
Originally posted by susweel:
YES !!!

THERE IS A GOD !!!

LOL...don't get your hopes up.
Exactly, trying to twist what Sing stated. CHANGE AGAIN!?! That's crazy talk. Raye is safe. Smith is safe. If Jed York said Smith will in all likelihood be the starter in 2010 unless a HOF qb becomes available, I am assuming this is true.
I hate to blow things up again but I think we will be an 8-8 team at best once again with Raye as our OC AND Alex Smith as our QB. Alex Smith is an 8-8 QB.

I am really hoping the Alex Smith project ends , or i can settle for him to starts the first couple games and if doesn't pan out we bring in the DAVIS ( i love playing with dis kid on Madden 10)

But as for Raye ( maybe we mold Jackson or johnson (Qb Coach) to take over )
[ Edited by eddy99_1999 on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM ]
It sounded to me like Raye was the ONLY coach he was sticking too. While everyone will be evaluated this week, Raye was the only one mentioned going forward.
Lol..
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:13 PM ]
Originally posted by eddy99_1999:
I am really hoping the Alex Smith project ends , or i can settle for him to starts the first couple games and if doesn't pan out we bring in the DAVIS ( i love playing with dis kid on Madden 10)

But as for Raye ( maybe we mold Jackson to take over )

That seals it...start Davis now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
YES !!!

THERE IS A GOD !!!

LOL...don't get your hopes up.

A man can always dream.
Share 49ersWebzone