LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

CAN BUST FINALLY BE REMOVED?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

CAN BUST FINALLY BE REMOVED?

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

So Alex what do you think of when we say Bust!?!

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

So Alex what do you think of when we say Bust!?!

From lookin at his wife, he's prolly saying, " I be bustin her ass every night. " lol
Wasn't Bill just suggesting that Alex doesn't have accuracy? That was all I got from that...
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Allx9er:
its going to turn into an alex thread anyway

Nostradamus is that you?
No offense meant Jersey but each of those players should have their own poll. Right?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
No offense meant Jersey but each of those players should have their own poll. Right?

~Ceadder

Oh no offense intended. And to be honest, i just didnt feel the need to make a separate post for every player.

Honestly because over the past two years, when talkin about these 3, their have been other threads created by myself, as well as others that pertain to these 3 and bust status.

So to be honest no, because most people did catch on to the fact that you can pick one, and then write about all three. If you look at the results, over 1000 people voted, and VD leads to remove the bust label by 55%. So i think people caught on and it's not a big deal.

In choosing you just choose the main one you feel strongly that it can be removed, or is officially a bust, then like i said you can explain, and give your two cents on all three, or just one.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Feb 2, 2010 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well like i said some in here b***hed about the post itself, and im sorry i cant have a sub a. or b.

I used those 3 because for the past 2 years, these have been the main 3 talked about.

And with the Bust label i mean in regards for the return on why they were drafted.

1. Alex to be Franchise QB

2. Manny to be that pass rushing 10 + sack a year LB

3. VD the freakish TE in the league (for mainly catching, not blocking).

So i feel

1. After this year if no playoff run he's gone, so then yes in regards to the 49ers he'd be a bust. Now if he went somewhere and flourishes, that would be some s**t.

2. Manny is ok in press coverage, but still 6.5 sacks (and most when playing the final 3 games, and the worst teams)

3. VD, well i say this, he has to produce the same next year, or better then officially not a bust.

Consistency i feel is the word on all three of these men for next year. But if Manny doesnt get at least 10 +, VD does worse than this year, and Smith doesnt pass for over 18TD's and 12int's, then all three in my opinion are busts in regards to where and why we drafted them.

1. If Alex has another solid season(this last one was pretty solid to be completely honest about it.) he's not going anywhere. I know people here will disagree but 10 TDs' to Davis really helped Davis succeed. Not too many FA players out there that would take the kind of money Smith will either.

2. Dude please, 10 sacks from Manny? That's not what he was drafted for. Run Stopper and Pass disruptor first. Sacks are the icing on that cake. Our Run Defense is SCARY good. Our Pass Defense has it's moments. Manny funnels the Ball Carrier right to the Middle on Run support and in Passing Downs he's in there mixing it up. Whats scarier still is he's now going to be two years removed from that achilles injury. If he performs like he did this year he's not going anywhere unless another team wants to pay for his services.

3. Davis, I agree he needs to put another solid season together to make people feel better about him. But he's no longer a bust.

Busts do nothing. Hence the term for a player picked at their respective positions.

Alex is the closest as you said but, I can't see where the "Bust" stamp is on that guy. He sure could have let his Line dictate his play. Half the time they did. They played like crap. Couldn't keep a toddler pulling a Red Flyer Wagon behind him, out of our backfield. Then other times they did just enough to keep Alex upright long enough to deliver the ball. Even then he was getting pummeled.

So maybe instead of Bust, Alex should wear a sign saying "Busted Up". At least until the Line gets their Sh!t together.

I don't think any of these guys should wear the bust tag though.

If Alex can remain upright Davis can do something. If not both of them stand little chance.

~Ceadder
  • Remmaps
  • Info N/A
Alex is a bust.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well like i said some in here b***hed about the post itself, and im sorry i cant have a sub a. or b.

I used those 3 because for the past 2 years, these have been the main 3 talked about.

And with the Bust label i mean in regards for the return on why they were drafted.

1. Alex to be Franchise QB

2. Manny to be that pass rushing 10 + sack a year LB

3. VD the freakish TE in the league (for mainly catching, not blocking).

So i feel

1. After this year if no playoff run he's gone, so then yes in regards to the 49ers he'd be a bust. Now if he went somewhere and flourishes, that would be some s**t.

2. Manny is ok in press coverage, but still 6.5 sacks (and most when playing the final 3 games, and the worst teams)

3. VD, well i say this, he has to produce the same next year, or better then officially not a bust.

Consistency i feel is the word on all three of these men for next year. But if Manny doesnt get at least 10 +, VD does worse than this year, and Smith doesnt pass for over 18TD's and 12int's, then all three in my opinion are busts in regards to where and why we drafted them.

1. If Alex has another solid season(this last one was pretty solid to be completely honest about it.) he's not going anywhere. I know people here will disagree but 10 TDs' to Davis really helped Davis succeed. Not too many FA players out there that would take the kind of money Smith will either.

2. Dude please, 10 sacks from Manny? That's not what he was drafted for. Run Stopper and Pass disruptor first. Sacks are the icing on that cake. Our Run Defense is SCARY good. Our Pass Defense has it's moments. Manny funnels the Ball Carrier right to the Middle on Run support and in Passing Downs he's in there mixing it up. Whats scarier still is he's now going to be two years removed from that achilles injury. If he performs like he did this year he's not going anywhere unless another team wants to pay for his services.

3. Davis, I agree he needs to put another solid season together to make people feel better about him. But he's no longer a bust.

Busts do nothing. Hence the term for a player picked at their respective positions.

Alex is the closest as you said but, I can't see where the "Bust" stamp is on that guy. He sure could have let his Line dictate his play. Half the time they did. They played like crap. Couldn't keep a toddler pulling a Red Flyer Wagon behind him, out of our backfield. Then other times they did just enough to keep Alex upright long enough to deliver the ball. Even then he was getting pummeled.

So maybe instead of Bust, Alex should wear a sign saying "Busted Up". At least until the Line gets their Sh!t together.

I don't think any of these guys should wear the bust tag though.

If Alex can remain upright Davis can do something. If not both of them stand little chance.

~Ceadder

Good post!

Alex proved that he was not a bust last year. Up until then we couldn't truly say either way (we just didn't have enough info). Now we need him to prove he was worth the # 1 overall pick we've invested in him. I have my doubts; but, here's to hoping that I'm wrong.
Uh from VD duh. From Alex huh?

Remove the bust tag off of all of them
Originally posted by Remmaps:
Alex is a bust.

YES!!! it's another alex smith hate thread..i haven't seen one of those before..
Share 49ersWebzone