CAN BUST FINALLY BE REMOVED?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

CAN BUST FINALLY BE REMOVED?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by danimal:
Vernon - YES
Manny - YES
Alex - Its complicated, and still debatable

Only in NinerTalk would a ProBowl player who tied a record be described as a bust.

Credibility: zero

hey, take a look at the thread title again. "can bust finally be removed" from these players names.

Vernon- YES
Manny- YES

which indicates "YES" bust can be removed from their names now.
Alex is not a bust because he is a decent QB. He is not worthy of being the 1st overall pick, but I dont consider that being a bust, if u do then I guess he's a bust.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
i wish you could vote more than once, i would say ALEX SMITH IS A BUST, AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

It looks like he's our guy next year so I really hope your wrong about him being a bust. If our D and gore play good next year and alexs f***s it up im going to go crazy.

if i were u, i would go look for the nearest mental institution in town, ur ganna need one....

I guess I'm lucky I have one so close by.
VD yes !

Lawson mybe !

Alex ! first pick in the first round 22 mill signing bounuce hell NO !
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Alex was number one overall he should at least quit staring down his receivers by now I think the jury is still out on him. VD is playing lights out and Manny has earned a spot on this team however I still think if a monster passrusher is on the board we need that to solidify our D.

I agree VD is playing some good football , but only when he quits dropping passes can we say that he is playing lights out.
I don't agree with this thread. I never PLACED the term bust on any of these people, so it is hard to remove something that was never there.
But what if we want to vote for vd and manny
  • BobS
  • Veteran
When it comes to evaluating a bust just ask yourself where a player like Alex Smith would have been drafted if we knew what we knew about him today. I think he is fifth round or worse, that equals BUST as far as I am concerned.
Originally posted by BobS:
When it comes to evaluating a bust just ask yourself where a player like Alex Smith would have been drafted if we knew what we knew about him today. I think he is fifth round or worse, that equals BUST as far as I am concerned.

eggs actly. That to me has always been the very best way to define a bust. Just redo the whole draft based on what you now know. The further any player drops is what will determine if they are a bust or not. Technically, you can have a Bust in the 3rd round, if later it proves out that he should not have been drafted at all.

Vernon - though I don't like using a #6 pick on him, I don't think he would fall to round 2 in a redo draft. Not even close to a bust.

Manny - maybe he would fall to the 2nd or 3rd in a redo. Not a bust.

Alex - this guy would be a project pick, 5th rounder or so. from 1.1 to 5th round. Very Bust-esque
[ Edited by danimal on Jan 5, 2010 at 2:35 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
This poll is epic fail.

Vernon Yes, Manny No, Alex No.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
VD yes
Alex no
Manny no
I sure hope not lol
it is now Bakmers job to remove his bust label next year
None of them are busts. A bust to me is a player who did nothing. At least all of them are average or above average players (certainly VD this year).
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by BobS:

eggs actly. That to me has always been the very best way to define a bust. Just redo the whole draft based on what you now know. The further any player drops is what will determine if they are a bust or not. Technically, you can have a Bust in the 3rd round, if later it proves out that he should not have been drafted at all.

Vernon - though I don't like using a #6 pick on him, I don't think he would fall to round 2 in a redo draft. Not even close to a bust.

Manny - maybe he would fall to the 2nd or 3rd in a redo. Not a bust.

Alex - this guy would be a project pick, 5th rounder or so. from 1.1 to 5th round. Very Bust-esque

So by that logic Meeriman is a bust, because he did not do good this year.
Share 49ersWebzone