LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Congrats Frank Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not only did he tie Joe Perry for the 49ers all time 100 yard games record with 20, but he also rushed for his 9th and 10th TD's of the season, making him the first 49ers back with 10 or more rushing TD's since Derek Loville in 1995.

and correct me if im wrong, but Gore is the first Niners back in looks like the last 40+ years to rush for over 1000 yards and score 10+ TD's in the same season.

what a season for Gore, 1120 yds, 13 total TD's, and a 4.9 ypc average. and he even missed 3 games. hed be in the pro bowl for sure if hed have played in those extra games.
  • kdogg
  • Veteran
As crappy as our oline has been all year, he had a hell of a year! I don't understand why everyone wants to draft an RB? Gore has proved he still has it when he gets an opening. Most underrated part about him, he did a great job in blitz pick up all year long.
Congrats to Frank Gore!
Congrats Frank!!! He's easily the purest runner this franchise has ever had, all while playing on 2 blown up knees from before he ever got to us.

This is from my own camera as he busted his 2nd long TD against the hawks:

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kdogg:
As crappy as our oline has been all year, he had a hell of a year! I don't understand why everyone wants to draft an RB? Gore has proved he still has it when he gets an opening. Most underrated part about him, he did a great job in blitz pick up all year long.

Those typically wanting a new RB are the same who think Alex is the answer.
Originally posted by jcs:

I think Alex can be the answer and i dont want a new RB
Originally posted by valrod33:

I think Alex can be the answer and i dont want a new RB

Same here, that there actually is a thread trying to say that Frank isn't one of the best backs in all of football shows we have some less than knowledgeable fans.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Jan 4, 2010 at 1:15 PM ]

The strange thing is there has been some sentiment to get rid of Gore, even with sports writers, and instead build around Smith & the shotgun. Makes no sense at all to me to want to dump someone proven to be good, while wanting to give another player all the time in the world to eventually get up to NFL game speed.
Frank Gore is my favorite Niner of the decade. I freaking love this football player.

With that being said. I doubt he has more than 1 more good season in him.
Originally posted by danimal:
Frank Gore is my favorite Niner of the decade. I freaking love this football player.

why do you say that ?

why do you say that ?

It does not seem logical. Gore is still only 26 years old, and has only had a few minor injuries while playing for the 49ers. If anything, I would expect a hardworking passionate guy like him to improve some aspects of his game over the next few years.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Jan 4, 2010 at 2:41 PM ]

why do you say that ?

He has had to work his ass off to put up numbers. This offense has made him double his efforts, very few backs would have been able to accomplish the same. He has not been on a good team for a single year of his career. Bad knees to begin with. And, this is about the shelf life of an typical NFL RB anyway.

Maybe, if the Niners improved he could fair well for a few more seasons, but I don't see that happening either.

I really enjoy watching Frank play, for however long it lasts

The only reason I want a new RB is to keep Frank fresh dude. We need him for the playoffs(if we ever get there).
kinda disappointing thread. I thought you were gonna announce that Frank will be playing the Pro Bowl.
And people ask why Gore is considered a top 5 back...

Well the dumb people anyways....
Share 49ersWebzone