LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

We outscored the Rams 63-6 this year.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
^ i'll give you that....my memory's probably jumbled

last time i saw that clip was maybe '99 when ESPN was doing a segment on the Niners 17 game win streak over the lambs and how it might end that season (it did)
we outscored the Rams 63-6 this year, yet we had trouble with them BOTH games.

the common theme for niners vs rams this season, wasnt "total domination". it was "defensive domination, offensive ineptitude"

Remember, week 4 we only scored 14 offensive pts against their D. the other 3 TD's were by the D. and this week, we struggled mightily just go make a 3rd down conversion, until we probably got laid into at halftime and realized we were playing the freakin RAMS.
Originally posted by Niners99:

the common theme for niners vs rams this season, wasnt "total domination". it was "defensive domination, offensive ineptitude"

Remember, week 4 we only scored 14 offensive pts against their D. the other 3 TD's were by the D. and this week, we struggled mightily just go make a 3rd down conversion, until we probably got laid into at halftime and realized we were playing the freakin RAMS.

Yeah I agree with you there. I am just hoping that these things get taken care of in the offseason when these guys get even more comfortable in the offense. That is the thing that is encouraging. Everyone on the offense has potential to get better (with Frank Gore probably being the exception)
By MATT MAIOCCO THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

SANTA CLARA -- Defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield is wanted for a crime he says he did not commit.

Stubblefield played five seasons for the 49ers during a time in which they did not lose to the Rams, first in Los Angeles and later in St. Louis. Even as a member of the Washington Redskins, Stubblefield's team defeated the Rams.

He is 11-0 in his career against the Rams. But he says he never belittled the Rams. It is guilt by association, he said.

Rams receiver Isaac Bruce told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch this week that it was Stubblefield who first made the demeaning utterance "same old Rams" after the 49ers beat the Rams 44-10 in 1995 with Elvis Grbac making his first career start.

"Not many people around here remember that phrase he coined," Bruce said.

But Stubblefield has a much different story. He said it was safety Tim McDonald who said "same old Rams" on the sideline that day for the cameras of NFL Films. Then, defensive end Tim Harris picked up on it and elaborated, "Same old sorry a-- Rams."

Stubblefield said he was standing next to Harris and that might be where the confusion started. Regardless, one thing is certain, Stubblefield does not think these are the same old Rams that the 49ers defeated 17 consecutive times from 1990 to '98.

"No, I'm not going to start that," Stubblefield said
  • Chief
  • Veteran
^^above
[ Edited by Chief on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:40 AM ]
Lol..you guys were all wrong
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Yeah I agree with you there. I am just hoping that these things get taken care of in the offseason when these guys get even more comfortable in the offense. That is the thing that is encouraging. Everyone on the offense has potential to get better (with Frank Gore probably being the exception)

The common theme in both matchups was that we were completely flat in the first half. We only proceeded to do anything in the 2nd half.

-9fA
Originally posted by Chief:
^^above

did you get yours from that rams site as well, it was funny how they edited out 49ers in the article
We won. I'm glad for that. Zoners love to whine which is why other teams call us the whiners.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Lol..you guys were all wrong

Funny thing is, I specifically remember watching the post game show after that game and watching Ken Norton jr say it on live tv. I'm sure it was going around after the game.

• Mex49
Originally posted by darkknight49:
also held the rams to 22 net passing yards, 87 net rushing yards for a grand total of a whopping 102 total yards of offense for the rams.

and we scored ZERO points in the first half. I'm not that proud
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
also held the rams to 22 net passing yards, 87 net rushing yards for a grand total of a whopping 102 total yards of offense for the rams.

and we scored ZERO points in the first half. I'm not that proud

I've never thought we were past the point where we could be disappointed with losses.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
"Same ol' sorry ass rams."

Some things never change
Originally posted by valrod33:
By MATT MAIOCCO THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

SANTA CLARA -- Defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield is wanted for a crime he says he did not commit.

Stubblefield played five seasons for the 49ers during a time in which they did not lose to the Rams, first in Los Angeles and later in St. Louis. Even as a member of the Washington Redskins, Stubblefield's team defeated the Rams.

He is 11-0 in his career against the Rams. But he says he never belittled the Rams. It is guilt by association, he said.

Rams receiver Isaac Bruce told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch this week that it was Stubblefield who first made the demeaning utterance "same old Rams" after the 49ers beat the Rams 44-10 in 1995 with Elvis Grbac making his first career start.

"Not many people around here remember that phrase he coined," Bruce said.

But Stubblefield has a much different story. He said it was safety Tim McDonald who said "same old Rams" on the sideline that day for the cameras of NFL Films. Then, defensive end Tim Harris picked up on it and elaborated, "Same old sorry a-- Rams."

Stubblefield said he was standing next to Harris and that might be where the confusion started. Regardless, one thing is certain, Stubblefield does not think these are the same old Rams that the 49ers defeated 17 consecutive times from 1990 to '98.

"No, I'm not going to start that," Stubblefield said

I dont care what they say, he said it and there is video proof out there somewhere! I have a buddy who is a Rams fan and we both know it well. It was definately Dana Stubblefield who said in on the sidelines. Most of you guys are probably to young to remember but id bet any amount of money that it was Stubby! I have seen that clip a bunch of times and there is no mixing up who said it! It was Stubby. Maybe he didnt coin the phrase but he got caught making the comment!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
"Same ol' sorry ass rams."

Thats like braggin about beatin someone up who has their hands tied behind their back. Everybody beat the Rams this year. Nothin to brag about.
Share 49ersWebzone