LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

Favorite Play of 2009?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am at a loss because I can't remember many of them even though I watched every snap but here are a few that stick out at me.

Crabtree's First TD
Gore's 79 and 80 Yard TD Runs
Michael Lewis INT in Endzone to Seal Win vs Bears (4th & Goal I Believe)
Willis Pick 6 vs Rams
Davis' 13th TD Catch vs Rams 73 Yards
One of Davis' Up the Middle Leaping TDs
Frank Gore TD catch tippy toe on sideline vs Jaguars (Alex runs for endzone, stops and throws over defense)

Edit: Found another one.... **against the Rams the 1st time they punted, it hits off one of there players gets kicked back into the end zone and we recover for a TD.

**Lawson busts into backfield against Rams, hits the ball carrier and the ball is lose then McDonald picks it up at 10 and runs in for the score.

Feel free to add to the list and list your favorite...

P.S. Here is a good spot for highlights from the games to relive the season. Might come in handy during the long off season.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM ]
The Davis 73 yard TD shows the type of player he can be. He is just as much of an athletic freak at the TE position as Chris Johnson is at the RB position.
Crabtree's first TD, i knew there was somethin special about Crabtree. Dude is going to be a baller.
Personally loved Gore's 2 TD runs over 75 yards against the Seahawks.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Personally loved Gore's 2 TD runs over 75 yards against the Seahawks.

Gore was at like 200 at half time, he could have broken the record had our OL not blocked so bad. He wasn't getting much besides those big runs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Davis 73 yard TD shows the type of player he can be. He is just as much of an athletic freak at the TE position as Chris Johnson is at the RB position.

Happened in 2010
I like the TDs to VD and Crabs. Both were excellent throws and shows the potential of our receivers. Crabs is a gem.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Two come immediately to mind.

One was Smith audibiling to Gore in last week's game that resulted in a 48 yard pass out in the flats.

The other came several weeks ago on an awesome play action pass to VD. We were inside the five yard line, have Norris in there with a two TE set. Everything is screaming run and we fake the hand off to Gore with VD run blocking, only it's a fake. VD releases his guy, rolls out to the left, Smith lobs a pass to him and there's nobody within 3 yards of him Beautifully designed played, beautifully executed.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Crabtree's first TD, i knew there was somethin special about Crabtree. Dude is going to be a baller.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
I can't pick just one...

1. Gore's rushing TDs Week 2 vs. Seattle...

2. Crabtree's TD on MNF vs. ARZ.

3. Every one of VD's TD catches.

Originally posted by JD81:
I can't pick just one...

The "dagger" play
All of them...It was fun watching vd and his td catches this year though
Originally posted by smileyman:
Two come immediately to mind.

One was Smith audibiling to Gore in last week's game that resulted in a 48 yard pass out in the flats.

The other came several weeks ago on an awesome play action pass to VD. We were inside the five yard line, have Norris in there with a two TE set. Everything is screaming run and we fake the hand off to Gore with VD run blocking, only it's a fake. VD releases his guy, rolls out to the left, Smith lobs a pass to him and there's nobody within 3 yards of him Beautifully designed played, beautifully executed.

Yeah that was 4th and inches and they get that 48 yard dump off out of it. Also that Davis TD was like the Gore tippy toe one but Alex has to learn to not backtrack so far and just run to the corner of the end zone.
Originally posted by JD81:
I can't pick just one...

I love how Crabtree snatched that ball on that MNF TD. He just has to get a little more sure handed as does VD.
Crabtree's epic sideways catch/TD on MNF, and Vernon Davis' 70+ yard burner for the TD today!

Oh, and can't forget Patrick Willis hunting/harassing David Gerrard during the Jags game.

Willis was just everywhere in that game. It's like you'd see him go 20 yards out right in front of you, and then out of f**king nowhere you'd hear a stampede behind you and IT'S WILLIS! HE CAN DEFY TIME AND WARP THE SPACE/TIME CONTINUUM!
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone